Download latest.... Download latest
How do I create a ready arena?
- Easy, create a new arena and then you need at least 1 spawn point for each team ( Blue, Red and Spectators(!) ). The commands for that are in the command list. Or simple type "/pb arena" in game to get an overview over all possible arena commands. Don't forget, that you also need a lobby to start playing paintball! And there has to be PvP enabled in the world/arena/server, as the hits wouldn't be detected otherwise.
Creating an arena with these commands has nothing to do with the building of the arena! You can build your arena exactly the way you want it. But take care when possible structural, that other minecraft players (not participating in the match) can't enter the arena or the terrain and could disrupt the match.
When I join a team it says, that no arena is ready.
- You likely forgot one of the 3 necessary spawn points (maybe the spectator spawn point?). With "/pb arena [name] info" you can get information about, why the arena is marked as "not-ready".
Why do I need a lobby?
- The lobby is some kind of interface between the normal survival gameplay on the server and paintball. By entering the lobby, various things are blocked (item collecting, ..) and be assured that survival and paintball are not mixed. Therefore, the lobby should be structurally impenetrable (like the arenas too), so nobody can enter or leave without using the leave command.
The snowballs do not hit!
- If the balls seem to do not hit it's very likely that the world/server the arena is in does not have pvp enabled (set to true). It needs to have pvp=true in the world/arena to be able to detect the ball hits. If the balls do not hit, but pvp is enabled and if you try to leave the lobby it says "you are not in the lobby", then you probably use CommandSigns. Don't use it. It currently makes strange problems with minigame plugins.
I try to change the language, but it doesn't work!
- Do not replace or overwrite the default language file, it will be replaced on each reload. Create a new file and edit the config.yml. There are several reasons that could be causing the plugin to not use your custom language file. In every case it will (try to) tell you why it uses the default language file instead in the server log. So check the log! Another hint: Depending on your system, the language file can sometimes not be loaded because of special characters in it. This can even create "fake errors" saying "somthing is missing" etc., but the real problem are the special characters. So if problems occur with the loading of your language file, check it for special characters and replace them first.
How can I modify the shop?
- You can change that in the config.yml (check out the configuration documentation) of the plugin. Simply follow the pattern there. If you make mistakes, the corresponding slot is shown as <empyt> in-game.
My players can't leave the lobby!
- You have very probably AutoLobby (or WorldMode) enabled inside the config. This setting is meant for paintball-only servers, that's why players can't leave the lobby. If you want them to be able to leave the lobby -> disable this setting.
The time until a new round begins is taking too long!
- You can change the duration of the countdown between matches in the config.yml too!
What are the permissions? What is the permission for playing paintball?
- Take a look here.
How can I create signs with stats (points and such) on it?
- You (the admin/ a player with admin permission) can create them by putting for example "[PB POINTS]" at the first line of a sign. If it was sucessfully, players can now simple click the sign, and it will generate itself. The sign will be update each time a player clicks on it.
Notice: The following values are too long to put on a sign so they were replaced by something shorter:
teamattacks->"ta" ; hitquote->"hq" ; airstrike->"as" ; money_spent->"spent"
How do I use this "Individual Signs" plugin?
- You can get it here. It's only optional and it allows you to create signs displaying most stats values for each player independently.
You use it very similar to the normal paintball stats signs, but with "_" instead of a space on the signs first line.
To use it simple put something like this on your sign: "[PB_STAT]" where STAT is the name of the stats value you want to display.
To create a sign with this on it, you need the the paintball.admin permission.
If it worked the sign will immediately change after creation. If it does not, its very likely that you made something wrong:
Maybe you put some not-existing/ not-supported stats value there instead?
Table of contents
- 1 How do I create a ready arena?
- 2 When I join a team it says, that no arena is ready.
- 3 Why do I need a lobby?
- 4 The snowballs do not hit!
- 5 I try to change the language, but it doesn't work!
- 6 How can I modify the shop?
- 7 My players can't leave the lobby!
- 8 The time until a new round begins is taking too long!
- 9 What are the permissions? What is the permission for playing paintball?
- 10 How can I create signs with stats (points and such) on it?
- 11 How do I use this "Individual Signs" plugin?
- Date created
- Jul 02, 2012
- Last updated
- Nov 03, 2013