With the death of Bukkit, MythicMobs will be ported over to Sponge once it is stable.
What is MythicMobs?
MythicMobs allows server administrators to create custom variants of mobs.
These variants can include:
- Mob Skills: Giving mobs custom skills with powerful conditionals and delays, based on a robust system of triggers and/or timers
- Mob Attributes: Modifying all mob attributes such as health, damage, speed, follow and combat range
- Special Effects: Allowing mobs to use custom sounds, particles, and special effects
- Equipment: Setting equipment and creating custom items with attributes and drop tables.
- Damage Modifiers: Change how damage affects mobs so they can be immune to drowning, take half damage from arrows, be healed by fire, etc.
- Mob Spawners: Creating powerful custom Mob Spawners to spawn your Mythic Mobs at specific locations, with optional timers, conditions, attributes, cooldowns, etc!
- Spawning Control: Set your custom mobs and bosses up to spawn randomly in different areas of the world, based on any number of conditions you can specify. You can replace natural spawns completely!
- Mob Levels: Allow mobs to scale in level and increase in power based on where and how they spawned, having scaled health, damage, and more abilities as they level!
- Threat Tables: (v1.1) Allow mobs to use Threat Tables, granting increased power and control over their targeting behaviors and causing mobs to behave more like those in RPGs.
- Mob AI Controls: (v1.1) Allows you to modify mob AI goals, including adding new AI goals found only in MythicMobs. Let zombies open doors, have friendly skeleton guards that fight skeletons from other mob factions, and more!
- Mob Factions: (v1.1) Allow mobs to be a part of factions! Works with the previously mentioned AI Controls so you can have mobs that will fight other factions of mobs, help players, and more!
- Plugin Compatibility: Integration with a wide variety of popular plugins!
- Much more to come!
MythicMobs' commands can be accessed in-game using the /mythicmobs or /mm commands.
After running your server with MythicMobs for the first time, you can find all sorts of example files in the MythicMobs folder to get you started with every aspect of the plugin. Mobs, items and random spawning are all handled through .yml files placed in the respective sub-folders. After editing, you can use /mm reload to reload the plugin, and the /mm mobs command to access your newly-created mobs.
For information on how to configure and use MythicMobs, see the Plugin Manual!
Upcoming Features included in the next version will be posted in the Full Changelog.
Future major additions include:
- Spawner Scaling so that spawners and their mobs can scale their mob level based on the number of players nearby.
- World Scaling so you can define various conditions for how mobs will scale in level in your world
Help & Questions
- IRC Chat: #mythicmobs @ irc.esper.net
- Official Server: elseland.net
If you need additional help, please make a post in the Support section of the Plugin Forums. I will sometimes help people who post in the comments, but that is not reliable as I will not always see all the comments being posted. You can also find me in #mythicmobs on irc.esper.net, but I am usually AFK and may not be around to respond immediately.
If you'd like a demonstration of what MythicMobs can do, I can occasionally be found on the Minecraft survival server elseland.net, which is a private server I use for testing my plugins. You can ask mods on there to spawn some of my more complex bosses to demonstrate the plugin's capabilities, but you will probably get obliterated. Mods on elseland.net will generally not provide support for MythicMobs in general.
Development builds for MythicMobs can be found at my continuous integration server, here:
Please note that development builds have untested features, and while I do not believe they will damage your server in any way, I can make no guarantees about it. They could potentially alter and/or break your previous MythicMobs configurations and may contain bugs and unfinished features. Please make sure you read changelogs fully. Builds that you download which have not been approved by BukkitDev are used at your own risk.
- mythicmobs.admin - Gives access to all MythicMobs commands.
More info coming soon!
Metrics & Updates
MythicMobs periodically checks BukkitDev for updates (as of v0.7.5) and will try to notify Ops and the console if a new update is available. This can be disabled in the configuration by setting general.check-for-updates to false.
MythicMobs also sends some simple statistics about usage to http://www.mcstats.org/. Metrics can be disabled in the configuration by setting allow-metrics to false.
Helpful tutorial by ngutun
I'd like to give a special thanks to:
- adw123: for all the hard work documenting things!
- spyermusic: for the custom logo!
and also to everyone who helps by submitting feedback, bug reports, and helping out with testing!
All types of help are greatly appreciated! If you'd like to help out, please consider posting your suggestions on the forum, helping me test for bugs, and helping others with support issues!
If you'd like to support MythicMobs' continued development, please consider donating! Each donation ensures I can spend more time adding features and less time doing other things to keep a roof over my head! Every dollar helps. :D
- Date created
- Dec 30, 2013
- Last update
- Oct 19, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files