What is MythicMobs?
MythicMobs allows server administrators to create custom variants of mobs and bosses.
- Giving mobs custom skills with powerful conditionals and delays, based on a robust system of triggers and/or timers
- Modifying all mob attributes such as health, damage, speed, follow and combat range
- Allowing mobs to use custom sounds, custom particles, and special effects
- Setting equipment and creating custom items and drop tables with attributes.
- Giving mobs Damage modifiers so mobs can be immune to, take half-damage or double-damage from certain damage types, such as fire.
- Creating powerful custom Mob Spawners to spawn your Mythic Mobs at specific locations, with optional timers, attributes, cooldowns, and other powerful settings!
- Spawning Conditions to give you finer control over where and when Mythic Mob Spawner and Random Spawning mobs can spawn! Make mobs that only spawn when it's raining, or on certain days!
- Mob Levels to allow your mobs to level up and scale in power based on where and how they spawned.
- Integration with a wide variety of popular plugins!
- Much more to come!
MythicMobs' commands can be accessed in-game using the /mythicmobs or /mm commands.
After running your server with MythicMobs for the first time, you can find all sorts of example files in the MythicMobs folder to get you started with every aspect of the plugin. Mobs, items and random spawning are all handled through .yml files placed in the respective sub-folders. After editing, you can use /mm reload to reload the plugin, and the /mm mobs command to access your newly-created mobs.
For information on how to configure and use MythicMobs, see the Plugin Manual!
Upcoming Features included in the next version will be posted in the Full Changelog.
Future major additions include:
- Spawner Scaling so that spawners and their mobs can scale their mob level based on the number of players nearby.
- Better Passive Mobs, allowing passive mobs such as sheep to attack players.
- Citizens Integration allowing Citizens NPCs to be used as MythicMobs
Help & Questions
If you need additional help, please make a post in the Support section of the Plugin Forums. I will sometimes help people who post in the comments, but that is not reliable as I will not always see all the comments being posted. You can also find me in #mythicmobs on irc.esper.net, but I am usually AFK and may not be around to respond immediately.
If you'd like a demonstration of what MythicMobs can do, I can occasionally be found on the Minecraft survival server elseland.net, which is a private server I use for testing my plugins. You can ask mods on there to spawn some of my more complex bosses to demonstrate the plugin's capabilities, but you will probably get obliterated. Mods on elseland.net will generally not provide support for MythicMobs in general.
Development builds for MythicMobs can be found at my continuous integration server, here:
Please note that development builds have untested features, and while I do not believe they will damage your server in any way, I can make no guarantees about it. They could potentially alter and/or break your previous MythicMobs configurations and may contain bugs and unfinished features. Please make sure you read changelogs fully. Builds that you download which have not been approved by BukkitDev are used at your own risk.
- mythicmobs.admin - Gives access to all MythicMobs commands.
Metrics & Updates
MythicMobs periodically checks BukkitDev for updates (as of v0.7.5) and will try to notify Ops and the console if a new update is available. This can be disabled in the configuration by setting general.check-for-updates to false.
MythicMobs also sends some simple statistics about usage to http://www.mcstats.org/. Metrics can be disabled in the configuration by setting allow-metrics to false.
Helpful tutorial by ngutun
Thanks to spyermusic for the custom logo!
All types of help are greatly appreciated! If you'd like to help out, please consider posting your suggestions on the forum, helping me test for bugs, and helping others with support issues!
If you'd like to support MythicMobs' continued development, please consider donating! Each donation ensures I can spend more time adding features and less time doing other things to keep a roof over my head! Every dollar helps. :D
- Date created
- Dec 30, 2013
- Last update
- Jul 15, 2014
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Recent files