Take Minecraft Mobs to a New Level
What is MythicMobs?
MythicMobs allows server administrators to fully modify all attributes of monsters on your server, and even create your own mobs, bosses, and other many other fun mob-related things.
It gives you full control over how mobs behave, from simply increasing their HP and damage to giving mobs a vast arsenal of new abilities. Your custom mobs can then replace vanilla mobs, be spawned randomly using numerous types of spawn controls, or you can set up custom mob spawners that activate under certain conditions or by commands.
You can finally create that ultimate boss you've always dreamed of crushing your players with. It is an absolute essential for every RPG server.
To sum it up, Mythic Mobs gives you control over and access to:
- Mob Skills: Giving mobs custom skills with powerful conditionals and delays, based on a robust system of triggers and/or timers
- Mob Attributes: Modifying all mob attributes such as health, damage, speed, follow and combat range
- Special Effects: Allowing mobs to use custom sounds, particles, and special effects
- Equipment: Setting equipment and creating custom items with attributes and drop tables.
- Damage Modifiers: Change how damage affects mobs so they can be immune to drowning, take half damage from arrows, be healed by fire, etc.
- Mob Spawners: Creating powerful custom Mob Spawners to spawn your Mythic Mobs at specific locations, with optional timers, conditions, attributes, cooldowns, etc!
- Spawning Control: Set your custom mobs and bosses up to spawn randomly in different areas of the world, based on any number of conditions you can specify. You can replace natural spawns completely!
- Mob Levels: Allow mobs to scale in level and increase in power based on where and how they spawned, having scaled health, damage, and more abilities as they level!
- Threat Tables: (v1.1) Allow mobs to use Threat Tables, granting increased power and control over their targeting behaviors and causing mobs to behave more like those in RPGs.
- Mob AI Controls: (v1.1) Allows you to modify mob AI goals, including adding new AI goals found only in MythicMobs. Let zombies open doors, have friendly skeleton guards that fight skeletons from other mob factions, and more!
- Mob Factions: (v1.1) Allow mobs to be a part of factions! Works with the previously mentioned AI Controls so you can have mobs that will fight other factions of mobs, help players, and more!
- Disguises: Integration with LibsDisguises allows any mob to look like anything.
- Plugin Compatibility: Integration with a wide variety of popular plugins!
- Much more to come!
MythicMobs' commands can be accessed in-game using the /mythicmobs or /mm commands.
After running your server with MythicMobs for the first time, you can find all sorts of example files in the MythicMobs folder to get you started with every aspect of the plugin. Mobs, items and random spawning are all handled through .yml files placed in the respective sub-folders. After editing, you can use /mm reload to reload the plugin, and the /mm mobs command to access your newly-created mobs.
For information on how to configure and use MythicMobs, see the Plugin Manual!
- Scaling Options - Allow spawners and their mobs to scale their mob level based on the number of players nearby, and random spawns to scale based on various factors in the world (such as distance from spawn).
- Lore/Inspection - Define descriptions and lore tags for your mobs, and allow players to "inspect" them to learn more about your bosses and their abilities (including permission options)
- Mob Factions - Expanding the mob faction system, allowing players to be part of factions where mobs can be friendly or hostile to players based on permissions.
- More Custom AI! - Additional custom AI options you can add to mobs!
- More Plugin Compatibility - Citizens, Dynmap, and more options to come!
Upcoming Features included in the next version will be posted in the Changelog. Please consider supporting development if you want to see these featured get added!
Help & Questions
- IRC Chat: #mythicmobs @ irc.esper.net
- Official Server: elseland.net
- Support us on Patreon for access to MythicMobs technical support and more!
If you need additional help, please first read and/or make a post in the Support section of the Plugin Forums. You can often find many quesitons have already been answered! You can also post in the comments, but we will generally not provide reliable direct support there. You can also find me in #mythicmobs on irc.esper.net, but I am usually AFK and may not be around to respond immediately.
If you're interested in receiving direct support on using the plugin from the creators, please consider subscribing on Patreon and supporting continued development. We will guarantee direct support in certain areas to subscribers as a thank-you for supporting MythicMobs, and will also occasionally post examples of complex mobs and skills if we hit certain goals! Subscribing also ensures MythicMobs development will continue for the foreseeable future.
If you'd like a demonstration of what MythicMobs can do, I can occasionally be found on the Minecraft survival server elseland.net, which is a private server I use for testing my plugins. You can ask mods on there to spawn some of my more complex bosses to demonstrate the plugin's capabilities, but you will probably get obliterated. Mods on elseland.net will NOT provide support for MythicMobs in general unless you are a subscriber.
Development builds for MythicMobs can be found at http://www.mythicmobs.net/dev and require a MythicMobs forum account with an active support subscription. You can sign up for one at the same location.
Please note that development builds have untested features, and while I do not believe they will damage your server in any way, I can make no guarantees about it. They could potentially alter and/or break your previous MythicMobs configurations and may contain bugs and unfinished features. Please make sure you read changelogs fully.
- mythicmobs.admin - Gives access to all MythicMobs commands.
Metrics & Updates
MythicMobs periodically checks BukkitDev for updates (as of v0.7.5) and will try to notify Ops and the console if a new update is available. This can be disabled in the configuration by setting general.check-for-updates to false.
MythicMobs also sends some simple statistics about usage to http://www.mcstats.org/. Metrics can be disabled in the configuration by setting allow-metrics to false.
Helpful tutorial by ngutun
I'd like to give a special thanks to:
- adw123: for all the hard work documenting things!
- spyermusic: for the custom logo!
and also to everyone who helps by submitting feedback, bug reports, and helping out with testing!
Support Development, Get Rewarded!
If MythicMobs benefits your server or you just enjoy using it, please consider supporting continued development! Those who pledge support will receive priority with help & support issues as well as additional resources for helping you use MythicMobs! Every dollar helps ensure that MythicMobs will continue being developed far into the future. I will also occasionally post advanced example mob and skill configurations only available to Patreon subscribers.
Note on Comments
I have decided to disable comments on all of the different sites that MythicMobs is posted on. 99% of the time the comments end up being used for either support questions or bug reports making it hard to keep track of everything. I have made the decision to consolidate everything to the MythicMob forums or the IRC chat. If you were just wanting to leave feedback, you can leave a review/rating on our Spigot page (i don't know why BukkitDev doesn't have that!).
Table of contents
- 1 Take Minecraft Mobs to a New Level
- 2 Website | Manual | Forums | Changelogs | Support
- Date created
- Dec 30, 2013
- Last update
- Jun 06, 2016
- Development stage
- All Rights Reserved
- Curse link
- Reverse relationships
- Recent files