Gringotts: Item based currency.
Gringotts is an item-based economy (currency) plugin for the Bukkit Minecraft server platform. Unlike earlier economy plugins, all currency value and money transactions are based on actual items in Minecraft, per default emeralds. The goals are to add a greater level of immersion, a generally more Minecraft-like feeling, and in the case of a PvP environment, making the currency itself vulnerable to raiding.
Gringotts was originally created for the Minecraft Wars PvP/survival server.
- Item-backed economy (configurable, default emeralds)
- multiple denominations with automatic conversion (for example, use emeralds and emerald blocks)
- Storage of currency in chests and other containers, player inventory and ender chests (configurable)
- direct account-to-account transfers commands
- optional transaction taxes
- fractional currency values (fixed decimal digits)
- Account support for Factions, Towny and WorldGuard
- Vault integration
To get notified of new versions, please subscribe to file updates.
- updates to dependency versions:
- Bukkit API 1.8.3-R0.1
- Vault API 1.5
- Factions / MassiveCore 2.7.5 (incompatible with older Factions versions)
- Towny 0.89.2.0
- WorldGuard 6.0 beta
- minor fixes in message formatting
- supports player UUIDs
- old Derby databases will be automatically migrated to the Bukkit-internal database
- player names in the database will be automatically migrated to UUIDs
- built against Bukkit 1.7.9, Vault 1.4, Java 7.
This version of Gringotts will no longer work with older versions of Bukkit, Vault and Java.
- vaults can now be created from most containers (chest, trapped chest, hopper, dropper, dispenser, furnace)
- fix a bug preventing creation of vaults when the db still contained vaults in deleted worlds
- fix a bug allowing to create multiple vaults on a single container
- support for special vaults in other plugins per request
- see also: Gringotts open enhancement issues on GitHub. You're welcome to vote on enhancements more important to you.
Installation and Configuration
Download Gringotts and place it in your craftbukkit/plugins folder
Please see the Configuration and Permissions document on how to configure Gringotts.
Storing money in an account requires a Gringotts vault. A vault consists of a container, which can be either chest, dispenser or furnace, and a sign above declaring it as a vault. A player or faction may claim any number of vaults. Vaults are not protected from access through other players. If you would like them to be, you may use additional plugins such as LWC or WorldGuard.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your name on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[faction vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your faction's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
- To make a vault for your town: place a sign above a container block, with
[town vault]written on the first line.
- To make a vault for your nation: place a sign above a container block, with
[nation vault]written on the first line.
If it was created correctly, the sign will display your town's or nation's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Display your account's current balance.
/money pay <amount> <player>
Pay an amount to a player. The transaction will only succeed if your account has at least the given amount plus any taxes that apply, and the receiving account has enough capacity for the amount.
/money withdraw <amount> /money deposit <amount>
Withdraw an amount from vault storage into inventory, or deposit from inventory to a vault.
/moneyadmin b <account>
Get the balance of a player's account.
/moneyadmin add <amount> <account>
Add an amount of money to a player's account.
/moneyadmin rm <amount>
Remove an amount of money from a player's account.
Reload Gringotts config.yml and apply any changed settings.
- First, check the Wiki.
- For support requests, feature requests and bug reports, please open a ticket.
- When your issue is resolved, update the wiki troubleshooting page!
Also, follow me on twitter: @ebenwert
Gringotts is open source. View, fork and edit on Github
We use metrics to collect stats! We only collect basic information such as cpu info, plugin version type, and players online. If you want to see everything, click on the graph.
Go into plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
- Date created
- Sep 27, 2012
- Last update
- Jun 07, 2015
- Development stage
- BSD License
- Curse link
- Recent files