Gringotts: Item based currency.
Gringotts is an item-based economy (currency) plugin for the Bukkit Minecraft server platform. Unlike earlier economy plugins, all currency value and money transactions are based on actual items in Minecraft, per default emeralds. The goals are to add a greater level of immersion, a generally more Minecraft-like feeling, and in the case of a PvP environment, making the currency itself vulnerable to raiding.
Gringotts was originally created for the Minecraft Wars PvP/survival server.
- item-backed economy
- multiple denominations, by default emeralds and emerald blocks, fully configurable
- storage of currency in chests and other containers, player inventory and ender chests (configurable)
- direct account-to-account transfers
- optional transaction taxes
- fractional currency values (configurable)
- Factions support
- Towny support
- Vault integration
- Tekkit Classic compatible (see configuration)
To get notified of new versions, please subscribe to file updates.
- use factions 2.x
- build against bukkit 1.7.2
- fixes for invalid vaults.
- fix vault creation breaking under some circumstances involving Towny
- added support for built-in Bukkit database support. This means that the Derby library is no longer required. If the Derby jar is present, Gringotts will continue to use it, otherwise a DB will be created via the Bukkit API. This should also support MySQL if you configure it in bukkit.yml. Please see the http://wiki.bukkit.org/Bukkit.yml#database for details.
- backport fix to towns losing vaults from 2.0-beta3
- built against Bukkit 1.5
- fix Vault connector not handling requests properly for non-player accounts
- fix vaults with bold marked signs getting destroyed at any transaction
- add commands
/money depositto withdraw money from vaults to inventory and vice versa.
- new alias for
- fix issues with
/gringotts reloadnot affecting all operations in Gringotts
- [vault] line is marked in bold letters now after successful creation
- for devs: an API for Gringotts transactions. Currently only documented per Javadoc in source and incomplete.
- --support for MySQL and other database backends-- done
- support for special vaults in other plugins per request
- see also: Gringotts open enhancement issues on GitHub
Installing Gringotts requires one simple step:
- download [Gringotts (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/gringotts/files/) and place it in your craftbukkit/plugins folder
- [optional] download Apache Derby and place it in your craftbukkit/lib folder (if there is no folder named
libin your server folder, please create it)
Vault integration: Be sure to use Vault v1.2.17 or higher
Storing money in an account requires a Gringotts vault. A vault consists of a container, which can be either chest, dispenser or furnace, and a sign above declaring it as a vault. A player or faction may claim any number of vaults. Vaults are not protected from access through other players. If you would like them to be, you may use additional plugins such as LWC or WorldGuard.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your name on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[faction vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your faction's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
- To make a vault for your town: place a sign above a container block, with
[town vault]written on the first line.
- To make a vault for your nation: place a sign above a container block, with
[nation vault]written on the first line.
If it was created correctly, the sign will display your town's or nation's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Display your account's current balance.
/money pay <amount> <player>
Pay an amount to a player. The transaction will only succeed if your account has at least the given amount plus any taxes that apply, and the receiving account has enough capacity for the amount.
/money withdraw <amount> /money deposit <amount>
Withdraw an amount from vault storage into inventory, or deposit from inventory to a vault.
/moneyadmin b <account>
Get the balance of a player's account.
/moneyadmin add <amount> <account>
Add an amount of money to a player's account.
/moneyadmin rm <amount>
Remove an amount of money from a player's account.
Reload Gringotts config.yml and apply any changed settings.
Configuration and Permissions
Please see the Configuration and Permissions page on how to customize Gringotts.
For support requests, feature requests and bug reports, please open a ticket.
Due to constraints on the time I can invest into developing Gringotts, I am looking for a project maintainer. If you would like to work with me on keeping it up-to-date, fixing bugs and developing new features, please do let me know!
We use metrics to collect stats! We only collect basic information such as cpu info, plugin version type, and players online. If you want to see everything, click on the graph.
Go into plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
- Date created
- Sep 27, 2012
- Last update
- Dec 21, 2013
- Development stage
- BSD License
- Curse link
- Recent files