Update: (September 30th, 2013) Entirely Re-coded plugin! Everything is brand new!
This is no longer a fork of the NoWeather Plugin! I designed it because it rains/snows too frequently on my server, yet I don't really want to put the weather on a schedule. This has several commands to start and stop storms (respects config file) as well as optional permissions support. If there is no permissions plugin the commands are OP only.
Note: As an entirely new, recoded version of the plugin, this should fix all the race conditions, etc. and should work on every server, large or small!
- Can totally stop weather
- Toggles different aspects of the weather.
- An option to stop snow and/or ice from accumulating
- An option to make all storms thunder storms!
- Set the minimum delay before it can snow/rain again.
- Set the maximum time it can rain/snow.
- Set the max amount of time between the rainy times.
- Control the storms with admin commands
- Permissions support
- Configurable chance (disabled by default) Supercharged lightning strikes that will blow a hole in the ground.
- Configurable explosion radius
- /wr rain <world> and /rain <world> - Makes it rain in that world. Defaults to current world if no options given.
- /wr thunder <world> and /thunder <world> - Makes it start thundering in the current world. Defaults to current world if no options given.
- /wr lightning and /lightning - make a lightning bolt strike in a random locationwithin a radius of 10 blocks from you. (It has the same chance as being supercharged as regular lightning)
- /wr clear <world> and /clearrain or /rainclear <world> - Clears all thunder and rain from the world. Defaults to current world if no options given.
- /wr stats and /weatherstats - Gives you stats on the current weather in each world.
- /wr reload - Reloads the configuration file.
- weatherRestrictions.rain - Can use /rain command
- weatherRestrictions.thunder - Can use /thunder command
- weatherRestrictions.clear - Can use /rainclear and /clearrain command
- weatherRestrictions.stats - Can use /weatherstats command
- weatherRestrictions.lightning - Can use the /lightning command
- weatherrestrictions.reload - Reload the configuration file
Config File Options
- CanRain - Set to false to disable all rain/snow in a world
- MaxSunTime - Maximum time to wait between storms in seconds.
- MinimumSunTime - Minimum amount of time in seconds between storms.
- MaxRainTime - Maximum time for a storm in seconds.
- MinimumRainTime - Minimum amount of time in seconds for a storm.
- CanSnowForm - if set to false will disable all snow accumulation in that world
- CanSnowMelt - if set to false will disable all snow melting in that world
- CanIceForm - if set to false will disable all ice accumulation in that world
- CanIceMelt - if set to false will disable all ice melting in that world
- ThunderstormChancePercentage - Sets the thunderstorm chance in the world. Set to 0 to disable thunderstorms.
- SuperchargedThunderChance - Set the percentage chance that a supercharged thunderbolt will blow a hole in the ground.
- SuperchargedExplosionRadius - Set the radius of the supercharged explosion
Really sad that there is no plugin with these really needed options!! Hope you come back some day!
Set max and min sun time to 0
How could I set 1 world to continuously rain and storm?
Thank you for bringing this back!
Me like it, just hope it will work on 1.7.2
Wow! I'm impressed! Waiting more than a year for an update is quite a commitment! I'd have to say that when I originally coded this plugin not only did I not know as much about bukkit and Minecraft but bukkit worked differently. I've always wanted to resurrect this plugin, but I couldn't figure out a way around some of the problems the first version experienced because of changes to bukkit. Then, just recently I had an epiphany about how it should work and voila! It's smaller, lighter, and faster than ever, and I'm quite pleased with myself. Enjoy using it and spread the word. :D
This is great! I've had this plugin on update notifications for over a year, with the faint hope that it would one day be updated... I was shocked when I saw an email telling me it had been updated! This is exactly what I've been looking for, literally, for years... Thank you for your efforts!
This is abandoned no longer! I finally figured out a new system of doing things that makes the plugin MUCH, MUCH better without all the problems the old version had. This version has been built from the ground up with none of the old code in an entirely different fashion, but still offers the same functionality, so enjoy!
So the dev of this plugin, has abandoned it? Wish there was a 1.4.7 version =(
I converted a local copy to the modern permissions api and removed thundertower support, and I still have the same problem so it's not that. So far I can't see why it can't pass the WeatherChangeEvent
I'm being flooded with 21,000 lines of event exceptions each time the weather changes. Running 1.4.7 RB1.0. I opened ticket #11 with an excerpt!
This plugin hasn't broken since 1.3.2
Does this work for 1.4.5? I would love to use this! :D
Still no answer? I wish there was another plugin like this one. The features are awesome if only it worked.
Is this still being looked into?
Well, after about 1 hour and 20 minutes the server fully crashed complaining of the main loop being stuck. It said WR was responsible, so I've submitted a ticket with the log.
Not sure what happened there, but at least it appears I've got a stack trace this time to help out with the answer. I hope this makes it easier for you.
Actually, no, I found a bit of code that was accessing the YML file configuration that wasn't thread safe!
Thanks for the update! I'm trying it now.
Can I ask what you changed? Was I possibly onto something with the timing question?
I've just uploaded a new version that I think fixes the race condition. If you could test that would be greatly appreciated, thanks! http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/weatherrestrictions/files/11-v2-6-3/
No stack trace, no fix...