WeatherMan allows you to change biomes and repopulate areas ingame with commands, magic-wand and a sign, controlled by redstone power. WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions supported.
- Change biomes (you can use: commands, wands, signs, WorldEdit selections and WorldGuard regions)
- Repopulate area according to biome that was previously changed
- Control weather locally: for player, for region, for biome and for whole world.
- Grow trees or cut them off using special wands
- Control biome changing (toggle two biomes) with sign controlled by redstone power.
- Check biome in a your location or inform you about biome changing while you traveling
- Preventing snow-forming and ice-forming in defined biomes.
Why do I want it?
If you need to change biomes, grow new forest, or going to allow your players to do it - you must install WeatherMan :) If you need to "curse" any player with unstoppable rain you can find this plugin useful too.
How Do I Install It?
Just copy it in your Plugins folder.
How to use it?
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> radius:<radius> to change biome around you
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> to change biome at area selected using WorldEdit
- Use command /wm set biome:<biome> region:<region name> to change biome at WorldGuard region defined by name
- Use command /wm replace biome:<biome> fill:true to change biome in your location to new one
- Use command /wm give [biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester] to obtain all or specified wand.
- Use command /wm wand to enable wand mode (define biome and radius with commands /wm wand biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree type> Right-click with magic wand and you'll shoot the snowball that will change the biome around the hit-point, remove or grow trees.
- Create sign with [biome] in second line, radius value in third, and biome names in first and forth lines. You can set word "replace" in third line if you need to replace the full biome. Now you can use redstone power to toggle between two biomes.
- /wm help - display help and command list
- /wm check - check biome in player location
- /wm info - toggle walk-info mode (inform player when he moves from one biome to another)
- /wm list [tree | biome name mask] - list avaliable biome types (or tree types)
- /wm wand [biome:<biome> radius:<radius> tree:<tree> - toggles wand mode or configure wand parameters
- /wm give <biome | woodcutter | depopulator | forester> - give defined wand (brush)
- /wm set|replace|populate <parameters...> - set biome in area, replace biome in area, repopulate area. More info about this commands you can find here.
Weather commands (console not supported yet)
- /wth player <player> <rain|clear|remove> - set personal player weather to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth region <region> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in region to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth biome <biome> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth world <world> <rain|clear|remove> - set weather in biome to rain, clear or remove settings
- /wth <player|region|biome|world> - list the players, regions, biomes, worlds where weather states are changed
Local time commands
- /wtm player [<player> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure player personal time
- /wtm region [<region> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local region time
- /wtm biome [<biome> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local biome time
- /wtm world [<world> <HH:MM|day|night|remove>] — configure local world time
How to revert back to original biomes
If you need to set back an original biomes at defined area, you can use "original" biome type with commands /wm set, /wm replace, /wm biome (and use wand to change biomes). Command /wm replace source:<source biome> biome:<target biome> supporting "original" only as biome parameter (<target biome>).
It is possible to use language files to translate WeatherMan messages.
Available translations (included to plugin, you just need to setup language variable at config.yml): english, dutch, french, german, polish, romanian, russian, spanish, ukrainian.
- English - default (sorry for my english! Helped By matthew_cowley)
- Russian (Русский)
- Ukrainian (Українська) - translated by duckman, Rangars Team. Thank you very much, duckman!
- German (Deutsch) - translated by PinguinAman. Thank you very much, PinguinAman!
- Spanish (Español) - translated by Indeleble, Antica RP Server. Thank you very much, Indeleble!
- French (Français) - 50toto50. Thank you very much, 50toto50!
- Romanian (Română) - kaZep, b-Zone
- Dutch (Nederland) - translated by Martin1704, renzo12y, tommyvanaarde. Thank you very much guys!
I will be very thankful if you can help me to translate WeatherMan to other language and join me at translation project.
- weatherman.basic - allows to use commands /wm help, /wm check, /wm list
- weatherman.cmdbiome - allows to use command /wm set and /wm fill
- weatherman.sign - allows to create [biome] signs
- weatherman.wandbiome - allows to use wand and commands /wm wand, /wm radius, /wm biome
- weatherman.config - allows to setup plugin with command /wm cfg
- weatherman.weather - allows to use local weather command /wth
- weatherman.time - allows to use local time command /wtm
Update checker and bStats
WeatherMan includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is bStats, that used to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker, checks new releases of plugin after WeatherMan startup and every half hour. This feature is using API provided by dev.bukkit.org. If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about bStats and learn how to switch off it, you can read here.
Dev builds available at CricleCI.
Note: Dev builds are unsupported and not tested and not approved by BukkitDev team.
Like this plugin?
You can support my work via Paypal:
Or just buy this plugin on SpigotMc.
Thanks so much mate, you are a legend! :D
Updated! Waiting for approval.
Yes I'm planning to update to 1.9, but I cannot predict the date :(
Any chance to get an 1.9 Update in the next days?
Please update to 1.9!)
/wm wand just doesn't work
seems like this plugin has been broken for the longest time
no errors just doesnt' work
А если поставить CBWrapper и писать команды в блоках от имени фэйк-игрока?
Хотя, проблема, скорее всего, уже итак решена
Hello! I did not test this versions with 1.8.4, but I think If you did not notice another error messages while using the plugin - it will work fine. Anyway I will updated version as soon as I can.
Не работает через Командблок /wth world Empty clear к примеру. Других плагинов, которые могли бы изменить погоду в определенном мире у меня нет. Essentials Меняет только в мире, в котором игрок ввел команду, и снова же, не поддерживает ввод из коммандблока.
Суть проста, у меня есть алтарь погоды, работающий на коммандблоках.
Коммандблок вводит сначала /wth world Empty clear, а потом через 3 секунды /wth world Empty remove
Что бы погода менялась естественным путем. Для смены требуется 4 игрока.
Но вот плагин не реагирует на ввод комманды /wth world Empty clear из командблока (легко проверить, если использовать 1 командблок с командой /wth world Empty clear, а затем ввести от имени игрока /wth world) С:
I am having trouble understanding how to melt snow and ice by changing biomes.
I have changed the ice_plains biome to plains & desert, however the snow did not melt. Is there an exact method in doing this???
any progress regarding the entity-visibility-bug in the 1.8-version?
Also i experience that the biomes wont change for a long time after i changed them via brush. sometimes they didnt change ever...
Does it depend on the server if I want to change biomes at a large scale, say at a radius of 3000, because my server keeps on crashing after trying a few times and if so, is there some way of changing biomes at a large scale? Without the server having to crash.
Thanks btw been using your plugin for a while now!
No it not compatible with 1.8 yet.
Hmmmm are you certain, that the parameter "original" works as intended with WE6 in MC1.8?
I had to choose a specific biome instead of "original" for it to work.
Let me know if you want this in a ticket. :)
Thanks mate! Be sure, your on the donation list.
You don't need to use this version if you using WE5.x
I'm working on update. But there's a problem - my favorite keyboard was broken. I ordered same one, but It will arrive only at December 29. Using regular keyboard is really hurts my arms and fingers :)
Hey, any news for the spigot 1.8 update? Hope to see this great and wonderful plugin soon 1.8 compatible!
You can try this version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64799811/WeatherMan/WeatherMan.jar
This file was not checked by BukkitDev Staff, but it works with WG6.0. There's some issue with spigot 1.8, so I did not upload a release version. I hope I will made 1.8 compatible version soon.