This is a lightweight plugin for 1) debugging plugins or 2) doing commands for plugins that need players.
The virtual players can take actions via commands and print out the events that are happening to them on the console. These players don't show up in game, but are just used for performing actions as if a player was there. Very useful if you don't even want to load up Minecraft, you just boot the server and debug as if you were players without even running the game.
The virtual players respond to the following commands:
Commands as Players
Commands: dc = do command, <vp> = the name of virtual player
- dc <vp> <cmd>
- dc <vp> <any command you would normally do as a player>
- dc <vp> op : op virtual player
- dc <vp> deop : deop virtual player
- dc <vp> respawn : respawn the virtual player
- dc <vp> connect
- dc <vp> disconnect
- dc <vp> reconnect
- dc <vp> health <amount> : give the virtual player some health ( or kill them if 0 )
- dc <vp> inv : print out their inventory
- dc <vp> giveinv <item> : give them an item
- dc <vp> tp <location> : teleport them to the given location ( "world,3,3,3" )
- dc <vp> chat my message : have the virtual player talk in chat
- dc <vp> hit <player2> [damage] : attack other players, defaults to 5 damage
- dc <vp> interact <left | right> <location> : do a PlayerInteractEvent on the specified block location
- dc <vp> bpe <block> <location> : do a BlockPlaceEvent of the given material at the given location
- dc <vp> bbe <location> : do a BlockBreakEvent at the given location
- /virtualplayers hideMessages : hide messages from players
- /virtualplayers showMessages : show messages from players
- dc p1 spawn
- dc p1 chat Hello Server!
- dc p1 bpe iron_block world,311,75,400 : Place an iron_block at world,311,75,400
Virtual Players will print out to the console if they teleport, speak, receive a message, respawn, connect/reconnect.
I usually have a text file where I type out the commands I want to do with the players then just paste all of the actions into the console
VirtualPlayers2 is fully compatible with WorldEdit v5.x but unfortunately, it is NOT compatible with WorldEdit v6.x. However if you're running WorldEdit v7.x (1.13+), you have nothing to worry about. But if you're still using v6.x, there is a special version of WorldEdit v6 that works with VirtualPlayers:
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk. http://rainbowcraft.sytes.net/download/plugins/WorldEdit/v6.1.1-SNAPSHOT/
If anyone wants to use VirtualPlayers to execute WorldEdit & WorldGuard commands, then you can download the above WorldEdit. Or you can use any v5.x or v7.x version.
Here is the source code (& changes) if you wish to compile it yourself: