This plugin will be continued as part of the Faction Mobs plugin, with experimental support starting in version 2.8.4.
Downside: It says Factions instead of Towny. Upside: It's updated. You should be able to migrate any old TownyMobs data by renaming the folder to FactionMobs.
Want some guards to defend your territory? Towny Mobs allows you to spawn mobs aligned to your Town! They'll attack enemy players and monsters! You can even order your mobs around. Make them follow you or patrol an area. This plugin requires Towny. This plugin is based on Faction Mobs and is converted to Towny from Factions.
There are 4 mob types:
- Sword wielding
- Bow wielding
- Potion throwing
- Iron Golem
Aside from the Titan, which cannot equip armor, your mobs will equip full leather armor dyed to a color of your choice.
You can modify mob attributes in the config, and you may disable them selectively if you wish.
Your Towny mobs will automatically categorize any units it meets as enemy, friendly, or neutral.
Towny Mobs utilize the Nations and Wars feature of Towny and will attack targets belonging to warring nations. If set in the options, hostile mobs will also be considered enemies, with the exception of the creeper, which it will never attack. Players and Towny mobs from your town and towns within your nation will be considered friendly. All other units are neutral.
Your Towny mobs will automatically attack hostile units. It will defend itself when attacked by neutral units. It will never attack friendly units.
Note that the Mage and Archer have some rather bad aim, and may accidentally attack friendly units. You can prevent this by setting noFriendlyFire to true in the config.
The config file contains many options to set various attributes to the mobs. Please look through it.
Things to Note:
- Do not attempt to rename any Towns, as this will cause unknown behaviour
- Mobs still use their original AI, just slightly modified. This means they will use the same movement patterns when attacking as they normally do.
- I used some of the obfuscated functions from Craftbukkit. This means that the plugin will only work for the version it was released for.
- Vault integration has not been thoroughly tested.
- The mobs are saved in file separate from the rest of the world. If you change the name of your world, the Towny mobs will not transfer with it.
- If your server is prone to crashing, it is recommended you turn on the autoSave function in the config file.
- This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- Note to other devs: Towny Mob custom entities have "CustomEntity" metadata tags