Tekkit Restrict (requires Tekkit Classic)
"My initial opinion of having my own server was that players would get along. Boy, was I wrong. Only 2 days after my server's release, I already had 7 players who duped Gem Armor and blew up spawn about a trillion times. After setting gem armor to a certain rank, they then torched my spawn. After disabling most of EE until a certain playtime rank, they then found their own way around my disabling plugin. (noitem)
Then I decided to make Tekkit Restrict..." - DreadSlicer
- Author: DreadEnd ([email protected])
- Contributor: Taeir ([email protected])
- Prevention of certain server crashing Tekkit Classic problems, like REP's in a deployer
Ban Items and Blocks
- Ban items and blocks from vanilla Minecraft AND from any mod installed.
- Customizable messages for why something is banned (v1.19+)
- Limit the amount a player can place of a specific kind of block.
- Prevent the use (left/rightclick) of certain items in creative.
- Make players unable to move valuable items over from creative to survival.
- Prevent interaction with other inventories in creative.
- Prevent the dropping of items in creative.
- Disable the right/left clicking with items.
- Highly customizable: Prevent clicking on a block/in the air/in safezones.
- De-charge EE "Tools" upon entering a marked SafeZone.
- Remove most entities in SafeZones. (not including dropped items, vehicles, players, etc.)
- Force Ring of Arcana into "Earth" mode to prevent griefing.
- Advanced integration with WorldGuard and GriefPrevention to mark all regions or specific ones as safezones.
- Basic integration with Towny, Factions and PreciousStones to mark all regions as safezones.
- Remove smelting recipes
- Remove crafting recipes
- Prevent the crafting of banned items and warn players so they don't waste ingredients.
- As of v1.19, Tekkit Restrict can prevent crafting of banned items in ALL crafting tables, including project tables and automatic crafting tables, by integrating with forge.
- Set the maximum EU charge Electrical IC2 items can hold.
- Change the speed at which Electrical IC2 items charge at.
EMC Value Changer
- Set, change or remove EMC values from any item or block.
- Ability to set a command that will be executed after someone has duped x amount of times.
- Anti-Dupes for:
- RM Furnace Dupes
- Alchemy Bag + Void Ring/Black Hole Band Dupes
- Transmutation Table + Klein Star Dupes
- Tank Cart Dupes
- Teleportation Dupe
- Project Table + 2 players Dupe
- Automatic Crafting Table Mk. 2 + Mining Laser/Mining Turtle/BlockBreaker Dupes
- Ability to set a command that will be executed after someone has hacked x amount of times.
- Anti-Hacks for:
- Speed Hacks
- Fly Hacks
- Forcefield Hacks (hit players out of range/out of your field of view)
- Split the server log output into various other files.
- Filter out certain messages so they don't show up in the console.
- Log the usage of EE Tools
- Prevent the use of certain Gem armor abilities
- Forcefully unload chunks when the total number is getting too high.
- Prevent the placement of certain blocks next to locked machines/chests, to prevent people from stealing stuff with buildcraft pipes.
- Display the server time used by each and every eventlistener on the server to see what plugins are causing lag.
- Open and modify the alchemy bags and inventories of people, online and offline.
- Teleport to places where there are alot of items on the ground.
- Patch ComputerCraft to make sure people can't crash your server with ComputerCraft scripts.
- Set the minimum time for RedPower timers to prevent lag.
- Vault - Recommended permissions plugin. (it supports all other permission plugins)
The source is available on GitHub: TekkitRestrict GitHub
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.Link to jenkins
Tekkit Restrict uses Hidendra's plugin metrics system, and as of version 1.18 also uses TMetrics by Taeir. This means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org and metrics.taico.nl:
- A unique identifier
- The server's Java version
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The minecraft version of the server
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The amount of CPU cores
- The amount of memory allocated to your server
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
If you wish to disable Metrics, you can do so by opt-ing out, which you can do in the Metrics config file under /plugins/PluginMetrics/
You can disable TMetrics in the General.config.yml file under /plugins/TekkitRestrict/
Tekkit Restrict has a built-in auto-updater, which connects to BukkitDev to check for updates. If you want to change or disable this behaviour, you can change the update settings in the General.config.yml file.
Can anyone tell me how I would use the permissions to disable to following Tekkit blocks?
Nova Catalyst[126:10] Nova Cataclysm[126:11] Blackhole Band [27532, 27532:1] - I would probably just use range on this which I understand. Nuke  MK2 Collector (limit this to 16) [126:1] MK3 Collector [126:2]
I don't really understand the syntax of the permissions as I have not run into anything like that before.
I mainly dont understand DataType. Im guessing [num] is the ID (includes damaged? ie 126:1?)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That is alpha my friend. I will have a Beta within the week. Also, to give you a good note, this plugin does not use WorldGuard. It uses WorldEdit to define the area of the safeZones.
[new in the beta]
This plugins is not blocking the "DechargeInSS:" items. I tested on a protected with worldguard area. My worldguard version is v5.5.3 warning on console:
01:33:08 CONSOLE: [WARNING] [tekkitrestrict] tr[SQLite] Error at SQL Query: query does not return ResultSet 01:33:08 tekkitrestrict: [TekkitRestrict] SQLite loaded!
Thank you for doing this plugin. I instaled now on my server and I am testing. I will donate if you keep working on it.
For the deployer, all set "Limits" will automatically be 0. This will prevent players from... bypassing this function. Besides, they would eventually use all of the limits on the player "[RedPower]". No loss, no gain.
Confirmed Working (For beta)
Btw, It might be better to submit tickets for errors, since the posts might get filled with bread and butter.
Thanks dread! And im only letting you know things i find as feedback. I in no way am demanding a fix :D I like your plugin! I just want to help as much as i can.
Thanks again for working on this!
Alright, I will fix this... However, there is still a ton of stuff to do for development.
Im getting console spam every time noitem checks a players inventory.
which is like 100k a second :D I have to turn off your plugin as my server.log grows by 5 megabytes per minute.
@ Haloflooder Hey thanks for the info!
A dev build of tekkit actually fixes that alc chest dupe
tested the alchemy chest dup- player 1 puts item in alchemy chest player 1 closes the chest player 1 opens the chest and keeps up the gui with the items showing in chest. player 2 breaks the chest while player one has gui open. items stay in a screen for player 1 to remove after the chest is broken player 2 can pick up duplicated items that drop on the ground.
this is a easy fix as we can just keep the block from being broken to stop the dup.
Thank you so much I have this on my server right now!
The openalc is a god sent! Im thinking of someway to scroll through all 15 bags by pressing a key? not sure if thats crazy talk or not!
One of the first dup bugs i tested was with the blackhole band. I was not discouraged to see that it still duped on my server. I thank you for all your work. And I hope this gets to be one of the BIG plugins every server uses so that you can get paid!! My server doesnt take donations so Im not one of them that has any income to forward your way but i totally would, this one plugin could make tekkit servers a possibility for many server owners.
I dont know actually how to dupe with the RM furnace but ill test that today also.
I have found a working factions version and use worldguard, also i have found a few patches for the rm tools and armor. The only thing that is unsafe on my server atm as far as destructive items are the Cannon,Infernal Chest,dynamite(not sure if its bc or ic2)
The main thing ill be using this plugin for is to keep them cheaters from logging on and in a few hours have 20 stacks of rm and handing out tomes and charged omegas to all my players :D
Openalc doesn't work and did you know people can dupe items with black bands? You should implement something to fix black bands if possible.
Openalc error code: 2012-09-04 14:28:03 [SEVERE] null org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'openalc' in plugin tekkitrestrict v0.1 at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42) at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:166) at forge.bukkit.ForgeCommandMap.dispatch(ForgeCommandMap.java:55) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:497) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:843) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:799) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:781) at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:34) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:234) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:119) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:83) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:579) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492) Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "white" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at com.github.dreadslicer.tekkitrestrict.tekkitrestrict.onCommand(tekkitrestrict.java:295) at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40) ... 13 more
In beta, you can set the rate of all of the threads. In truth, the high speed thread actually consists of 4 threads at the moment:
@dreadslicer Brilliant Plugin DreadEnd!
Must Say, Helps patch up those few stupid bugs in the Tekkit Server
Here is a Few Ideas For Future Releases
- Removal of Items from inventories when they get disabled
- Ability to Ban a hole mod, but enable a few items
They are enabled by default. The main page hasn't been updated in that respect yet.
Instead of having players/groups have nodes to prevent cheats, have nodes that allow you to bypass/ignore them instead and have all enabled by default. I would hate to add more nodes than necessary.
The upcoming beta will include:
Subject to change as I work on it.
However long it takes bukkit.dev to approve the project. I already uploaded the alpha.
Please note, on the alpha, I was testing for velocity on an event by logging it, so your server console may get spammed every now and then when somebody goes... fast. This will be fixed in the beta upload.