Join the TARDIS Community Discord Server - https://discord.gg/sfuPVHh
I'm too lazy to upload TARDIS files to Bukkit anymore, as builds are automatically created when the plugin is updated and changes pushed to GitHub.
For 1.19.3 and higher, please download TARDIS, TARDISChunkGenerator and TARDIS Resource Packs from the TARDIS Jenkins server: http://tardisjenkins.duckdns.org:8080/view/TARDIS/
1.19.2 is here https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.19.2/TARDIS_v1.19.2.zip
1.18.2 is here https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.18.2/TARDIS_v1.18.2.zip
1.17.1 is here https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.17.1/TARDIS_1.17.1.zip
1.16.5 is here: https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.16.5/TARDIS_1.16.5.zip
1.15.2 is here: https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.15.2/TARDIS_1.15.2.zip
1.14.4 is here: https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/releases/download/1.14.4/TARDIS_1.14.4.zip
Please make sure you are using the latest Spigot/Paper builds (for the Minecraft version you are running) before installing TARDIS or creating an issue!
What it does
TARDIS is a plugin that gives you the ability to create a Police Box that lets you time travel (teleport) to random locations. It adds a Whovian twist to the typical /sethome and /home commands.
As a player, you can:
- Create a TARDIS that is bigger on the inside.
- Time travel to a random location.
- Time travel back home (where you created the TARDIS initially).
- Save and list interesting time travel locations, so you can return to them easily.
- Take companions with you when you time travel.
- Make your TARDIS blend in with the Chameleon Circuit.
- Use your own schematic to build the TARDIS interior
- Grow new TARDIS rooms
- Use Artron Energy
- Remote control the TARDIS
- Custom TARDIS sounds with companion Resource Pack
- Custom TARDIS textures with companion Resource Pack - requires OptiFine with CTM and CIT
Official documentation & FAQs
The documentation is here: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/
The documentation contains a frequently asked questions (FAQs) page, please check this first before posting a question in the comments.
Tutorial videos for version 2+ (also included in the official docs)
Not all of these are up-to-date...
- Creating a TARDIS - a bit old now, check the official docs for instructions
- Growing rooms and the Gravity well and changing Walls
- Time travelling
- Recharging Artron Energy - Updated with energy condenser chest!
As a minimum, just drop the TARDIS.jar, TARDISChunkGenerator.jar (look under Additional Files on the download page) and any optional plugins listed below into the Bukkit plugins folder and start your server. For more detailed instructions see: http://eccentricdevotion.github.io/TARDIS/installation.html
These are not needed for TARDIS to function, but enhance the plugin with extra features...
- Install the TARDIS-SoundResourcePack in the Minecraft client to hear custom TARDIS sounds
- Install the TARDIS-Resource-Pack to see aal the fancy textures and models (requires TARDIS v4.2 or higher).
- Install the TARDISChunkGenerator plugin so that you can generate TARDISes in their own self-contained world (included on the TARDIS plugin download page under Additional files).
- Install WorldGuard to automatically protect your TARDIS from griefing, and stop mobs spawning in TARDIS worlds.
- Install TARDISWeepingAngels to add some Whovian mobs to the game.
- Install a Permissions plugin, so that you can restrict or grant players the rights to use TARDIS’ different features. We like PermissionsBukkit.
Other important pages
Huge thanks to markdf for hosting these
|TARDIS Github repository||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS|
|Official todo list||https://github.com/eccentricdevotion/TARDIS/blob/master/todo.md|
|Bleeding edge builds
(Will not always
|Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Latest TARDIS Build (Jenkins)
Bleeding edge changes/commits
Bugs / Requests
Please post a ticket for TARDIS plugin requests and bugs, thank you :)
WARNING: I am no longer prepared to waste my time looking at incomplete tickets. If your ticket does not follow the guidelines set out below, it will be deleted immediately!
Make sure you have read the FAQs first, as your question may already be answered there. Also make sure you have searched for a previous ticket with the same/similar issue (use the Filters to search closed tickets).
If you are going to create a BUG ticket you need to supply relevant information (as I'm not a mind reader, nor do I have access to your server...) - as a minimum you need:
- Exact CraftBukkit version i.e. NOT 'the latest' - use the
/tardis versioncommand if possible, otherwise copy from server log
- Exact TARDIS version i.e. NOT 'the latest' - use the
/tardis versioncommand if possible, otherwise copy from server log
- The server log showing the entire error (as a paste or at Pastebin - NOT a screenshot) - this should be the log from when the server starts up right through to when the error occurs
- If no error in the log, then a video of the bug happening or the EXACT steps needed to reproduce the issue.
- Attach your plugins/TARDIS/config.yml file or other configuration file if relevant
- Attach your plugins/TARDIS/TARDIS.db file if relevant
- List of other plugins on server
Basic statistics are collected for some versions of the TARDIS plugin (v2.5.8 and earlier). You can opt out at any time by setting
opt-out: true in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml
External web access
Version 2.8 (and higher) of this plugin includes a translation feature (the
/tardissay command) that connects to Yandex's translation service. The URL it connects to is: https://translate.yandex.net/api/v1.5/tr.json/translate?
You can prevent players from using the command by removing / not giving them the permission
OH MY GODDD! THIS PLUGIN IS AWESOME! :D
The latest version (1.2.3) is built against latest Bukkit dev build 1.3.2-R0.2 (Build #1538), and should work fine, but so should 1.2.2 :).
Will you be updating? to 1.3.1 2.0?
I really want to use this!
Could we also be able to modify the TARDIS interior? I already modify mine, however It's a hassle because of the whole worldedit and stuff. Also can there be settings for the X,Y,Z coordinates on the repeaters? 1 tick is 0, as in it does not move in that direction. 2 is left, and 3 is right. 4 is random, so you can travel anywhere in that direction. And there could also be a button to click activate, which would then give a point to stand on the pressure plate to fly as for example, 4 blocks a second. I know I'm a bit picky, however I always thought it would be awesome like this. Hope it's not too much :D
Very good and fun plugin, I enjoy using it on my server :D
@MrChimp05 Because the TARDIS is created at levels 15 - 22, there is a possibility of the wool blocks catching fire from being placed next to lava. Though if the config option
protect_blocksis set to
truethen the burning is cancelled. There shouldn't be any lightning though so maybe another plugin doing its business there...
Yep, don't destroy the TARDIS blocks, just break the sign and the plugin will get rid of everything for you, as well as resetting it so that you can build a new TARDIS.
A Chameleon Circuit eh, very cool idea, I like it! Coming sometime to a TARDIS near you :)
very very cool plugin one of the best i saw but it's hard to set the coordinates! well GOOD WORK! :)
I am curious if you can also add a working Chameleon Circuit?
Example: When at home it is the Police Box, but when you go somewhere, it changes based on where you go:
You land in a desert biome and the TARDIS is a Cactus. You land in the forest/jungle biome and the TARDIS is a Tree. You land in a swampland biome and the TARDIS is a mushroom. You land in a plains biome and the TARDIS is made of tall grass. You land in a tundra/taiga biome and the TARDIS is made of snow. Etc.
I would imagine the door would stay as an iron door, and the sign text would maybe change to match whatever form it is in? (Cactus, tree, mushroom, etc.).
Delete the TARDIS folder in the plugins directory and reload the server. I had to do this a few times.
Hi, first up great plug-in I can see me having fun with this.
Though when I went inside the tardis there was lightning and fires starting at random points in the tardis, most notably near the torches. Though it did just occur to me that this could be as a result of the Solar Apocalypse plugin I have as well. It did seem like the destruction that ensues when the doctor regenerates though so I wasn't sure if it was intended.
Also I decided to find out what would happen if I destroyed the tardis (inside and out) and now I can't re-create it, I checked the help and it said to delete the sign on the front. I mined the whole tardis so the sign just went and now I can't create a new one as it says that one already exists, any ideas?
Well, if it isn't easily fixed maybe bump up the ability to exclude worlds from destinations to higher on the list? I really like this plugin and want to use it, lol.
Yep, I'm only running the default world generator in my worlds. It sounds like the safe location detection times out in your Planetoid world when trying to find a non-Void location. I will look at trying to remedy this - if it's an easy fix, it will be in the next version.
Hrm, what kind of other Worlds do you have? I am thinking it could be related to the type of world that I have. Planetoids is just like it sounds...it is a bunch of planets hovering over the void.
It could be that the TARDIS is looking for a place to land but having trouble and causing a crash?
Have coded this fix into the next version. Thanks for letting me know :)
1. Could add a config option to make the TARDIS's inside blocks unbreakable, look out for it in a future version...
2. I have hopefully fixed this already and will be released in the next version.
3. There can be multiple TARDISs, but currently only one per player.
4. Have a look at the Configuration page, and the default world sections... you could set up a separate FLAT world (using multiverse maybe), which you can set as the default world where TARDISs are created
5. Thanks :)
I run Multiverse-Core on two servers (one for testing and one private) alongside the TARDIS plugin and haven't encountered any issues. I'm running the latest dev build of Multiverse 2.5 - available here: Multiverse Lastest Build
I will install Planetoids and do some testing...
Ok, I seem to have tracked down the freezing problem.
It seems to be related to multiple world plugins. I have two plugins that handle this: Multiverse-Core and Planetoids. (The latter is just a generator).
When these two plugins are disabled, my secondary world is not loaded at all by Bukkit, and there are no problems. When either of them are enabled, the secondary world is loaded, and it starts freezing/crashing when I use the TARDIS.
Since it happens when either of those plugins are loaded, I tend to think it isn't a problem with those plugins, but yours, or Bukkit itself.
I have a few things to say:
1. Can you make the TARDIS's inside blocks unbreakable?
2. For some reason, it won't let me fly on creative after I go into the TARDIS until I reset my gamemode.
3. Can there be multiple TARDISes? If so, do they each have seperate insides?
4. Is it possible that the inside part of the TARDIS be on an empty world rather than underground? I keep hearing mobs...
5. This plugin is AWESOME!
You could make the platform optional maybe?