Warning: This plugin is able to delete the world that has been set in the config. It's recommended to install this plugin on a clean server without any important world files, as the main world will be deleted every time the server restarts with this plugin installed, in order to generate a new random world to play on.
For a long time people have been playing survival games, and many people are still enjoying the gamemode to this day. Many of those players would love to make a survival games server themselves. Many survival games plugins have been released and used, but I'm hoping to provide you with an easy-to-use, super customizable, and fun version of survival games.
So, we have made for you: BukkitGames!
- Random generated worlds each round.
- Random crates spawn in the world.
- World border.
- Building can both be allowed or denied.
- Easy drag & drop setup.
- Custom plugin name in config.
- Force starting.
- Kits. (Fully customizable)
- A winner rank for 1 round after winning.
- Random spawn locations when the game starts.
- Arena shrink mechanics.
- Scoreboard system.
- Vote to start system.
- And much, much more!
Every game is completely random and different!
Installing is easy! Drag and drop the files in the zip file into your plugin folder and you're ready to go!
- [/bg] Main command.
- [/bg iron <playerName>] Set a player's rank to Iron member.
- [/bg gold <playerName>] Set a player's rank to Gold member.
- [/bg diamond <playerName>] Set a player's rank to Diamond member.
- [/bg emerld <playerName>] Set a player's rank to Emerald member.
- [/bg forcestart] Force start the round.
- [/bg addpoints <playerName> <points>] Give a player points.
- [/bg givekit <playerName> <kitName>] Give a player a kit.
- [/bg takekit <playerName> <kitName>] Remove a kit from a player's kits.
- [/bg vote] Vote start start the round.
- logoItem: itemName
- kitLore: 'Text goes here.'
- price: The price in points.
- 'itemName': amountOfItem
- potionNameInIdOrNormalName(Example: FIRE_RESISTANCE):
- amplifier: The level of the potion effect.
- duration: How long it should last. (In seconds.)
- effect: The special effect for this kit. (API tutorial: Click here)
- (Check the example configuration file for more insight!)
- pluginDisplayName = The name that displays in front of all messages.
- worldName = Which world is going to be used for the game, has to match the default world.
- maxPlayers = The amount of players that can join the game.
- enableKits = If the game should have kits.
- deleteWorldOnServerBoot = If the world should be deleted and regenerated on server boot.
- saveWorldOnServerShutDown = If the world should be saved when the game has ended.
- votesNeededToAutostart = How many votes are needed to auto-start the game.
- deadPlayersCanChat = If dead player can chat or not.
- canBuild = If players can build during the game.
- randomWorldTime = If when the round starts the world time should be random or not.
- roundStartWaitTime = How long it will take for the round to start after a sufficient amount of players joining.
- graceperiod = How long players are invulnerable at the start of the round.
- dropCrates = If there should spawn Crates.
- playerSpreadRadius = The max distance a player can get teleported from the spawn when the round starts.
- createItemSpawnChance = The % chance that there spawns an item in a Crate slot.
- spawnCrateSpawnRadius = The max distance a spawn Crate can spawn away from the spawn. (Spawn Spawn Spawn)
- spawnCrateAmount = The number of spawn Crates.
- minimalCrates = The minimal amount of Crates.
- maximalCrates = The maximal amount of Crates.
- arenaSize = The size of the arena, a player will get damage when it tries to escape. (For now)
- minimalArenaSize = The smallest radius the arena can get after shrinking.
- shrinkSpeedInSeconds = The time it takes to shrink the arena 1 block. (0 = No shrinking)
- enableScoreboard = If the scoreboard system should be enabled.
- winner = Don't touch this, it's to save the last winner for the next round.
How to restart the server after the game ended:
Use this in your start cmd to make the server auto-restart when the server shuts down:
- java -Xmx1G -jar (craftbukkit/spigot jar name).jar
- goto start
GitHub page: https://github.com/Markcreator/BukkitGames/
Made by Markcreator
If you have any errors you should report them so I can fix them. Because just complaining will not fix it.
I do not recommend this plugin because of the following reasons, plugin resets random worlds for its use, and splatters up about 50 errors when the server starts! Recommendation:NOT RECOMMENDED FOR YOUR SERVER
I'm going to add these features in the upcoming patch. Stay tuned. :)
I'm planning to do a major update on the world system, so it might be added very soon.
Markcreator, awesome plugin, I am considering donating because this an awesome plugin! One thing though, could you make an option for default kit? Like when a new player logs on he doesn't have to do into the shop and buy a kit for '0' points, but instead he already has it?
Also, could you make an option for a no-pvp time at the beggining of the match? like the match starts, everyone can run around and all that, but they cant PvP for a minute or two?
Your plugin is awesome! The only thing it's missing it's cycling through worlds, so you can have like world1, world2 etc. and the plugin automatically switches between them. I tried doing that by making a small plugin that automatically renames worlds folders to "world" before BukkitGames loads, but you should really add this feature to the plugin, maybe by adding a config option that enables that, a "default name" and "world count" so you have worldname1, worldname2 etc.
I'm planning to add that feature very soon, thanks for the suggestion!
Since I wasn't able to make a Ticket, I'll do this feature request in the comments here. Is there anyway you can make it so that the players money/kits are stored in a mysql database instead of in the yml files?
It's needed for the random worlds, but Ill maybe make an option that disables that fuction.
Can you make it so we don't have to restart the server?
There need to be alot more added like more optains in config Like
How many points they get at and end of a round, World Border Size, Turn off the freeze timer when game starts (why have a timer to go to a timer), Make a way to turn on and off random spawning
Im only saying this because i like this plugin just i can't use it they way i would like to need to be more open (Also more kits & What the effects are)
That sometimes happens when the spawn is in an ocean biome. Whem regenerating a world it should be better. If that's not the problem try to read the log for any messages.
I have a big problem:
If i start the severer the server is on for 5 secounds and then the server shutdown :( Please help me
@Protoxz - I can confirm that it works on CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.3 build 3020.
Hi, can you say me when this plugin would be update ? I'm only waiting this plugin for open my server :/
Suggestion: Make the borders to damage over time to the player so it pushes them back into the arena without being such a jarring 'wall'. Also this would prevent players from getting stuck in said wall which happened several times over this weekend of testing.
Spent all weekend testing this plugin. Overall I like it but there is one feature that it is missing that will keep me from implementing... some way to push the players together. My preference would be that the arena shrinks over time because I feel that the 'deathmatch' is a cop-out that doesn't uphold the feel of hunger games.
Though the random starting positions are new, different, and interesting I'd like to see fixed positions near the center of the arena. Having option to do either one would be cool, even cooler would be to allow it to be random. Allow server operators to choose what % of the time you get random start points (I'd set mine to 25% chance to have random start points).
Because the server restarts, the games always start at 6:00am game time. I wrote a script to randomize the time on server startup but it would be cool to put that into the plugin.
Anyway, I'll have a donation for you if I implement but can't do that until there is some way to push the players together. As it is far too many games end with a winning player being the one stubborn enough NOT to log out from the boredom of not being able to find opponents. Most games are a game of 'who can go the longest without seeing another player'. That's not as exciting as it sounds.
Players should be able to buy kits with the points they earn by killing other players or winning the round.
This plugin works great! Great work! Just one problem with the kits. Impossible to use if you are not op. No plugin permission! A solution? Thank you
? Why 'Whoo hoo'?