Your adventure told as an epic story
This project is not dead, but has been set aside until further notice.
Once upon a time in a vast and ancient land known as World, there lived a brave King and a noble Knight called Notch and Jeb
What a way to start a game of Minecraft, eh? With the Bukkit plugin StoryTime you can do just that. StoryTime tells the story of your game from start to finish in an epic manner, dynamically adding more as you go and ultimately saving the entire story to a text file on the server side, which the server can access and display to players who wish to read it before it gets deleted. Server owners can do with these files as they please. Perhaps upload them to their website for players to download, should they wish to keep the story for all of time.
Every turn, every message, every step of the journey is logged and added to the story. Whenever an action is performed, or no action is performed for a long time. Whenever players interact with eachother or other elements. Whenever players move into new areas. Whenever anything, really, the AI storyteller writes more and the story advances.
- Configurable story timespan (amount of minecraft days)
- Configurable templates for story segments
- An AI storyteller which writes the story as you play
- When players join they will be able to specify their own character (name, gender, descriptive word(s), what kind of character (businessman, knight, fish for that matter))
- When a player dies or disconnects their character is killed off in some way or another never to return to the story
- More coming!
If you have any suggestions for additional features or improvements to features please send me an email at email@example.com or post a comment.