Ever bored with the vanilla weather? Storm is a plugin that adds a whole new range of weather mechanics to Bukkit servers.
- Acid Rain: Green rain, which damages players and animals, as well as deteriorates blocks. Turn a 'grey day' into a 'radioactive-green' day!
- Blizzards: Makes snow a real threat! Players and entities caught outside during a blizzard will experience snow acting as slow sand, limited visibility, and cold damage, so long as they are not inside or near a heating block.
- Thunder Storms: If supercharged creepers were not already a threat, how will your players react to hordes of zombie pigmen? Thunder storms are massive discharges of lightning over a short period of time, in which players will be hard-pressed to survive.
- Meteors: Fireballs trailed by explosions, burrowing in the ground, and flattening all entities in their path. Players who survive, however, can delight themselves with the ores the meteor leaves behind.
- Wildfires: We can all safely say vanilla fires are boring. To spice up the game, we've added wildfires; a naturally occurring event in which entire forests will be devoured by fire with pre-1.6B physics.
- Earthquakes: With massive rifts opening up, screens shaking, and blocks flying about, Storm earthquakes will be an experience for your players to remember. Seems to be bugging in Version2.3
- Volcanoes: Large mounds of lava spurting out of the ground, explosions and flying lava bombs. Fun, fun, fun. Seems to be bugging in Version2.3
Getting started with Storm
If you are a visual learner, this video by WoopaGaming is for you! Some information is outdated, but the gist remains the same.
You can gain some more in-depth information from this "Curse Minecraft Spotlight" on Storm, as it presents most of the features of Storm in a nice format. Thanks to Xenius01 of Curse for this one!
Storm has a command for all its weather types:
|/acidrain||/<command> [world]||storm.acidrain.command||Starts acid rain in specified world.|
|/blizzard||/<command> [world]||storm.blizzard.command||Starts a blizzard in specified world.|
|/thunderstorm||/<command> [world]||storm.thunderstorm.command||Starts a thunder storm in specified world.|
|/wildfire||/<command> [world]||storm.wildfire.command||Starts a wildfire where player is looking at.|
|/meteor||/<command> [world]||storm.meteor.command||Spawns a meteor and targets the block the player is looking at.|
|/volcano||/<command> [world]||storm.volcano.command||Spawns a volcano at the targeted block.|
|/earthquake||/<command> [world]||storm.earthquake.command||Spawns a earthquake at the targeted block.|
|/cracks||/<command> [world]||storm.earthquake.command||Spawns a crevice at the targeted block.|
And immunity permissions from their associated weathers:
|Acid Rain Damage||storm.acidrain.immune||Prevents damage from acid rain.|
|Blizzard Damage||storm.blizzard.immune||Prevents damage from blizzards.|
|Lightning Attraction||storm.lightning.immune||Prevents extra damage from lightning & lightning attraction.|
|Meteor Damage||storm.meteor.immune||Prevents damage from meteor shockwaves.|
If Storm doesn't load, first, make sure that you are running a compatible build of Storm. For example, 0.1.2 will run only on Bukkit 1.4.6, while 0.1.2 R1 will only run on 1.4.7. You can see the supported versions in the Files menu. If that doesn't work or Storm throws exceptions, leave a ticket.
When asking for support...
...please answer the following questions: they help us get back to you quicker and consequently address any issues faster.
- What Storm version are you running? Be specific.
- What server implementation are you running (usually CraftBukkit)?
- What Minecraft version are you running?
- What is the issue you are experiencing?
- Provide a traceback, if the issue is a crash and a log is available.
Spigot 1.8.7: Latest Storm 2.3
Storm is not compatible with the current MC version: meteors, volcanoes and earthquakes disabled.
i feel like some stuff need to be fix. it dont seem to be ready for 1.8.6
Yes wildfire's are having a memory leak error. In the new 1.8 update it will be fixed sorry about the delay!
Im So sorry guys! I am back and I will have a working copy of storm for 1.8 ready very soon! 1.7.9 will be coming out later but it is also on its way!
I have something similar and had to uninstall the plugin, I think it has a memory leak or something.
Hey I have only just started using this plugin and I think it has been crashing my server because in the crash file it mentions wildfire and other things from this plugin could someone help me please? I am running Bukkit 1.8.3!
how do i disable storm in the nether and the end i just want storm to work in my world
Hi, I am using Spigot 1.8.3 and I am running the latest version of Storm. Even if I disable the forcing of weather packs, it still acts as if they're still set to "true," even though it's set to "false." Is there any way you can fix this? Thanks! :)
could you add tornado's? :D
I'm glad I had a copy of Bukkit 1.7.2 lying around, because I just did some volcano, earthquake, lightning storm, and meteor testing for old times' sake. :) That volcano especially, I haven't seen anything more horrifying and destructive out of any other mod. You literally can't stop it! Build a wall, climb a nearby hill, whatever, there's nothing you can do to stop your house from being consumed by fire and preserved like Pompeii. It's slow to grow, but quite literally unstoppable.
I REALLY miss this plugin! A version fully compatible with Spigot 1.7.9-R0.2 would be incredible so my members and I can enjoy running in terror from natural disasters again.
No disrespect but you said... "Everyone please read the page before posting saying the current version doesnt work ect. Since I am the only person working on storm atm and I have been having computer problems and life problems I have not been able to work on storm. In 2 weeks from posting this I will be getting a new computers and I will have a update out on storm in a day or two after that.
Please bere with me in getting storm 1.8 ready> I am aware it is not compatible with 1.8 spigot or 1.7.10 spigot but as I said I will get one out asap"//
And it's been over 4 weeks now... I do understand your having both computer and life problems and respect that but there are people who would like to use the plugin and those who depend on it's updating. Please can we got the plugin updated and integrated with spigot compatibility once your good because it's been a while now.
Could you please upload a version for 1.7.9, all my other plugins are and dont have 1.8 or 1.7.2
I really hope hail gets added in the future! There was only one other plugin that included hail, and its WAY out-of-date!
Great concept for a plugin, can't wait for those tornadoes, tsunamis, missing weather effects & more! :-)
Thanks for keeping us informed! Best of luck with whatever's going on. :)
Everyone please read the page before posting saying the current version doesnt work ect. Since I am the only person working on storm atm and I have been having computer problems and life problems I have not been able to work on storm. In 2 weeks from posting this I will be getting a new computers and I will have a update out on storm in a day or two after that.
Please bere with me in getting storm 1.8 ready> I am aware it is not compatible with 1.8 spigot or 1.7.10 spigot but as I said I will get one out asap
The plugin doesn't work for Spigot 1.8.1 I use Storm V2.3 My mc version is 1.8.1
This is what I get for my spigot 1.8
Hi, I have a bug with this plugin to see if you can help me. I have a server with 7 maps installed. I Spigot 1.8 and the plugin I load properly.
I configured to operate only this plugin on the map called "MundoInferior", activating the following:
When I'm in that world, does not appear any of the effects produced by the plugin, and if I put the command, for example: /acidrain me the following error in the game:
I do not have any other plugin that modifies the rains. And in the console the following error message: