In Splinters, when a player's tool (axe, shovel, sword, etc.) is broken from use it will deal damage dependent on the level tool. The concept is simple, in the real world when a tool breaks during use it is often resulting in an injury. Not all the time will an injury result from a broken tool in the real world, but in Splinters it does. It's named splinters because the most elementary tool is the wood tool kit. Typically when wood breaks, there are splinters which will be the most rudimental injury source.
It will add difficulty in situations players are faced where they require a tool or sword to defend themselves from a danger but the real danger is whether or not the breaking of their tool will kill them, rather save them. It also adds a general difficulty to the game in roleplaying servers where it will require players to consume more food & lead to more purchases or creation of new tools since players will be hesitant to be using near damaged tools.
- Players are dealt damage by tools breaking.
- Damage dealt is dependent on tool type.
- Randomized tool break messages for extra realism.
- Whitelist, players on it will not be affected by Splinters.
Concepts - In The Works
- Glove types may be bought to minimize or eliminate damage.
- Armour reduces damage dealt.
- Salvage: When a tool breaks, one random item from the recipe will be dropped.
/help splinters: Displays the commands & their usage.
/sp [player]: Displays whether or not you or that player is on the whitelist.
/sp add <player>: Adds a player to the whitelist.
/sp remove <player>: Removes a player from the whitelist.
About The Developer
I'm new to Java, and am doing small plugins to learn. This is my first 'larger' plugin that is a bit more advanced for me & will take some time to learn and develop. I'm open to criticism and support, all questions asked will be responded to and will be working on this until it's ready to be released.
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.