Schematics How To
Video (slightly out of date) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAurS45Uhy4
Admins can customize the starter island using schematic files. Here's how to do it with World Edit:
How to make an island
- Design your starter island in AcidIsland and start with the default island
- Go into creative mode and fly to one corner of the island just above all the blocks
- Type //pos1 to set position number 1
- Open your inventory and search for night vision potion and drink it
- Go to the opposite side of your island and drop until you get to the bottom of your island
- Once you are in position type //pos2 to set the second position
- Copy the blocks with //copy
- Save the island schematic with //schematic save island
- Go to your file system and copy the island.schematic file from the WorldEdit schematics folder to the ASkyBlock/schematics folder.
- Go to config.yml to the schematicsection and create or edit the sections there.
- Do /asadmin reload or /acid reload to load new schematics. You should see them load.
- Login and start an island - Check the console for errors if the island fails to appear and fix.
Island Block Requirements
Some blocks in the schematic are special:
- Bedrock MANDATORY - This block is used to locate the center of the island. The highest bedrock block is used. If more than one block is in the same layer, the first one found will be chosen.
- Sign (Optional) One free-standing sign to welcome the player. The highest one will be used if there are more than two. The text on this sign will be replaced with the text in locale.yml. Other signs will retain their text.
- Chest (Optional) - One single-sized chest. Again, the highest one is used to store the starter items. If you want to put itms in the chest in the schematic, you can do that, but you need to make the starter item list in config.yml nothing, ie., ''
- Grass (Optional) - This is where the cow or companion spawns. There can be more than one grass block.
- Spawn Block (Optional) - This is where the player will spawn. You define the type of block in the config.yml schematicsection. The block itself will become air when the island is pasted. Pick an unusual block, like SPONGE to identify the spawn position.
- Use the starter island as a template because it has the bedrock in it already. The bedrock position is not super important, but the player will spawn close or above it unless the spawn block is used.
- Include a tree on your island - not essential, but recommended so the player can get wood and saplings.
- Don't make the island too big. Pasting big islands can lag your server.
- If you want physics to apply, set usephysics:true in the config.yml. If you don't, you can set it to false. This will enable you to have islands of floating sand, lava or water and may avoid lag.
- Watch out for lava. I may end up burning the whole island if you are not careful!
- You can make underwater islands.
- Test and check that the cow/companion spawns safely. It will always try to spawn in the same place.
- Test and check the island level (/island level) and adjust challenges accordingly.
If you find any more tips - add them to this page!