Simple Skins and Capes Reloaded
SimpleSkins Reloaded is a continuation of "SimpleSkins", which is now inactive.
I got the permission through steam from Tavenfuz.
If you would like to have working NPC Skins (Only for Citizens2 | Citizens 1.2 is unsupported.) make sure to check out
This issue is fixed in Version 1.3
- Persistent Skins and Capes. Your custom skin and cape will never disappear!
- HD Skins and Capes support.
- Citizens 2.0 Support. Skin all your NPCs!
- Citizens 1.2.4 Support.
- Group support with permission based skins and capes. Skin an entire army in one command.
- The ability to save URLs as unique names and use them in all commands. No more bulky URLs!
- Source Code is Available on GitHub for personal edit & use(Direct link, GitHub)
Last Version: 1.9.2 A
Coming In Next Version:
SpoutPlugin - Required to work. #7 or above. (Compiled on #7)
SpoutCraft - Only users with Spoutcraft will be able to see skins and capes.
Standard minecraft and bukkit has no way to display custom player skins or capes.
/playerskin <playername> <Skin URL, or Minecraft player name, or saved skin name>
/playercape <playername> <Cape URL, or Minecraft player name, or saved cape name>
/saveskin <uniquename> <Skin URL, or Minecraft player name>
/savecape <unqiuename> <Cape URL, or Minecraft player name>
/npcskin <npc ID> <Skin URL, or Minecraft player name, or saved skin name>
/npccape <npc ID> <Cape URL, or Minecraft player name, or saved cape name>
All of the commands above work as follows.
Resets your skin to your default minecraft skin.
Sets your own skin to the URL.
Resets player Torklar's skin to his minecraft default skin.
/playerskin Torklar Garanel
Assigns player Garanel's default minecraft skin to player Torklar.
/playerskin Torklar DwarvenGhost
Assigns the player the saved URL by the unique name of DwarvenGhost.
Will show a small help section on command usage.
Explanation of Permissions
All permissions work as follows.
Can only change their own skin.
Can change any player's skin.
Can only change their own group's skin.
Can change any group's skin.
Can change any NPC skin.
How to Set Up Group and Permission Skins
1) Save your skin or cape and give it a unique name.
/saveskin DwarvenGhost <Skin URL or Minecraft player name goes here>
/savecape EvilCape <Cape URL or Minecraft player name goes here>
2) Give the player or permissions group the corresponding permission:
There are two configuration files, capes.yml and skins.yml. You never have to change anything in them as they simply store information on player's skins and capes.
In the skins.yml you will find a setting called "AppearanceRefreshSeconds". This is how often the server will quietly update all player's skins and capes so that they always persist. While this is normally not taxing on a Server, if you were to have 200+ of players or 100+ groups it might be wise to increase this to 5 or 8 seconds. For a server with 30-50 players and 10-20 groups, you may be able to lower it to 1 - 2 seconds if 3 seconds is not fast enough for your needs.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- You can disable the stat collection via /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml if you wish.
Donate the Blue Wizard! (Original Author)