I discontinued this plugin. If anyone would like to work on it, please fork the GitHub repository.
The plugin however still works properly, if you use the declared Minecraft versions.
SimpleBroadcast is a plugin which automatically sends defined messages to the chat.
- Automatically timed messages are sent in a defined delay.
- Easily enable or disable this plugin via in-game or console commands
- Simple and easy to setup
- Colour support!
- Supports &k, &l, &m, ...
- Supports links
- Optional permissions
- Editable prefix and suffix
- Option to check if an update is available
- Option to hide the messages in the console
- Supports commands (when the messages starts wit a "/")
- Supports JSON messages
- Ignoring system.
- Bossbar integration
- /simplebroadcast - Shows you infos about the plugin.
- /simplebroadcast start - Starts the broadcast messages.
- /simplebroadcast stop - Stops the broadcast messages.
- /simplebroadcast reload - Reloads the config.
- /simplebroadcast bossbar start - Starts the boss bar broadcast.
- /simplebroadcast bossbar stop - Stops the boss bar broadcast.
- /simplebroadcast bossbar list - Shows all boss bar messages.
- /simplebroadcast bossbar next - Skips the following message in the queue.
- /simplebroadcast bossbar help - Shows the boss bar help pages.
- /simplebroadcast list - Shows you all messages.
- /simplebroadcast now <number> - Immediately broadcasts the given message.
- /simplebroadcast next - Skips the following message in the queue.
- /simplebroadcast add <msg> - Adds the entered message to the list.
- /simplebroadcast remove <number> - Removes the given message from the list.
- /simplebroadcast broadcast <msg> - Broadcasts the message which you've entered.
- /simplebroadcast raw <msg> - Broadcasts the message without formatting.
- /simplebroadcast ignore <name> - Adds/removes a player from the ignore list.
- /simplebroadcast update - Toggles the update check function.
- /simplebroadcast help (1-2) - Shows you all available commands.
- /sb <command> - Alias for "/simplebroadcast".
If you aren't an operator or you want that another player can use the commands, you have to use the following permissions:
/simplebroadcast -> - simplebroadcast.info /simplebroadcast start -> - simplebroadcast.start /simplebroadcast stop -> - simplebroadcast.stop /simplebroadcast reload -> - simplebroadcast.reload /simplebroadcast bossbar start -> - simplebroadcast.bossbar.start /simplebroadcast bossbar stop -> - simplebroadcast.bossbar.stop /simplebroadcast bossbar list -> - simplebroadcast.bossbar.list /simplebroadcast bossbar next -> - simplebroadcast.bossbar.next /simplebroadcast bossbar help -> - simplebroadcast.bossbar.help /simplebroadcast list -> - simplebroadcast.list /simplebroadcast now -> - simplebroadcast.now /simplebroadcast next -> - simplebroadcast.next /simplebroadcast add -> - simplebroadcast.add /simplebroadcast remove -> - simplebroadcast.remove /simplebroadcast broadcast -> - simplebroadcast.broadcast /simplebroadcast raw -> - simplebroadcast.broadcast /simplebroadcast ignore -> - simplebroadcast.ignore /simplebroadcast update -> - simplebroadcast.update.toggle /simplebroadcast help-> - simplebroadcast.help - simplebroadcast.update -> You can see the ingame update info if an update is available. - simplebroadcast.* -> Give access to all commands.
Configuration/How to get started with SimpleBroadcast
At first you have to put the SimpleBroadcast.jar into your plugins folder. After a reload / a reboot a folder called "SimpleBroadcast" has been created automatically. In this folder there is the "config.yml". In this file, you can define which messages should be send to the chat, in which delay they should be broadcasted, if the plugin shall check for updates, ...
- Add messages with permissions.
Add boss bar integration.(-> added in version 1.7)
Add a live broadcast command.(-> added in version 1.5)
Add %n support.(-> added in version 1.4)
Add suffix.(-> added in version 1.3)
Fix prefix.(-> fixed in version 1.3)
Add alias for /simplebroadcast(-> added in version 1.1)
Add more commands.(-> added in version 1.1)
Add message randomizer.(-> added in version 1.0)
Add PluginMetrics.(-> added in version 1.0)
Add updatecheck function.(-> added in version 1.0)
Add editable interval when the messages are broadcasted.(-> added in version 1.0)
Add permissions.(-> added in version 0.4)
Add editable prefix.(-> added in version 0.3)
Edit: Please disregard this message.
Yes, this will work. :)
Please create a bug report on GitHub so that I'm able to have a look at it. :)
Hello @KingDome24, will simplebroadcast.* works for OP/Owner rank?
i have the latest version of SB. My Server run on spigot 1.88.
If i run /sb now (message number) i get the message multiple times but no one, without me, can read the messages.
And today i found an exeption. Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/FVqKBn0G
You can use JSON messages to realise this. :)
Are there some variables for a clickevent? So i mean if a message send like: Here we are [position] and i click on [position] that i see the position for example
EDIT: If i delete the config.yml for example it will not recreate.
I'm able to confirm this bug. It would be great if you could create a ticket on GitHub: :)
Here is a bug that I have run into: When I set a custom prefix, its displays perfectly on /sb reload. When I run the command, /sb now it still shows the default prefix of [Broadcast]
Please advise or fix?
I was already thinking about it. Maybe something for v1.9. :)
Please create a ticket (with as many information as possible (including latest.log/..)) to get proper support. :)
I am running a 1.8.3 spigot server, using protocol lib, and barAPI, and this plugin.
I want the dragon bar at the top, I have configured everything correctly, even disabled the end. And it is still not working. Shine some light on this?
This would be a great addition,currently i use chatcontrol in conjunction with this to do that. SB does the server wide one's CC does the per world ones.
If you can add what I'm about to say it will be the best broadcast plugin ever- add multiverse support so each world can have specified messages at custom times, and have an option of making a certain message broadcast across the whole server, all worlds, while the other worlds are having that message and that worlds custom messages
A cool feature I think would be nice to have is Multiverse support, like having curtain messages in curtain worlds.
@rockbuilder32 You have to enable the bossbar broadcast in the bossbar.yml Then you are able to switch it ingame!
I have configured the bossbar correctly and enabled it, yet when i go on my server and do /sb bossbar start it doesn't start it but displays a message saying: Bos bar broadcast is disabled (as set in the bossbar.yml)! Same thing when i try to do /sb bossbar stop it says: Bos bar broadcast is allready disabled (as set in the bossbar.yml)! Anyone know whats wrong? Is this a major bug?..
It would be great if you could create a ticket on Github with this request. :)
I installed this plugin and my god it is great, but I have one question/request. I changed the boradcasts ingame and I see there isn't a command to change delay in game, as it's not in the config file on the server, so doing an in game command to change the delay would be great thanks.
SimpleBroadcast v1.8.1 is compatible with 1.8.X; 1.7.X; 1.6.X; 1.5.X; and nearly all other versions of Minecraft and with nearly all server softwares (Spigot/Bukkit/Sponge/Glowstone/..).
Please create a ticket too to get fast help.
Please create a ticket and add as many information as possible to get fast help.
I never actually tested the latest, I was quit busy, now I was testing it, but it didn't seem to send broadcasts, so I am using the old version the 1.7.1.
Is the latest 1.8.1 version compatible with 1.7-1.8 spigot? or probably 1.7 ..
and yeah! if it affects, I use RankPrefixPlus chat plugin, instead of the EssentialsChat that I used to use with this plugin.
thanks C: !