SilkSpawners - Harvest mob spawners with silk touch
Thanks for MILLIONS of downloads!
This plugin requires Java >=8!
A sign shop addon for buying and selling spawners can be found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
Ever wanted to move a mob spawner? With SilkSpawners, you can now pick up and move monster spawners.
If you use a pickaxe with the silktouch enchantment you will receive the spawner again.
You can control each mob spawner, allow crafting and of course mod support.
I'm happy to hear about your opinion, just leave a comment with a feature request, bug, improvement or just a personal opinion.
As a reminder I want to say that I worked very long on this and really appreciate a 'thank you' in form of a donation! (See details on the bottom or the button on the top)
Thanks @smsunarto||Scott Moses Sunarto
- NEW A sign shop addon can be found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
- Added BarAPI support (for 1.9+ only: support for Vanilla implementation)
- per Type spawner name and explosion chance!
- Support Minecraft from 1.8.X to 1.18.2
- Configure a percentage of dropping a spawner on explosions (TNT & creeper)
- Spawner retains creature type
- Works on any spawner
- Crafting of each spawner (own recipe for every mob if wanted)
- Showing of creature type when spawners are placed, broken or held
- Commands for
- Changing a spawner in hand or sight
- Getting a new spawner (or egg) in the hand NEW: With offline player support!
- Console support
- Left-click spawner with spawn egg to change type (consuming egg or not)
- If enabled, right click with an egg and a MonsterSpawner of this type will appear
- Permissions support
- Support for
- Custom mobs added by client/server mods
- Spawning any entity with spawn eggs (dragons, non-creature entities, etc.)
- Dumping entity ID map on startup for debugging mods
- Compatible with
++and Spigot (see spawnersUnstackable)
- MCPC(+) and ported mods (auto-detects IDs)
- Not Enough Items (newer builds only)
- Flexible creature type names on input (pigman, zombiepigman, pigzombie, etc. all accepted), official names on output (Magma Cube, not "LavaSlime")
- Colored item names
- Localization of all messages
- There is an economy addon to charge the users when they change a spawner: SilkSpawnersEcoAddon
Third party features, all of them can be disabled
Please take a look at the detailed information about bStats below!
- bStats for usage statistics
- Auto Updater (connecting to http://dev.bukkit.org for updating checking)
- can be disabled if you switch autoUpdater to false in the config.yml
See the config here!
You can find a list of permissions and creatures here!
Only the bukkit permissions are supported!
I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only!
If you suffix a mob name with egg you will receive an egg instead.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
/ss help - Displays the help menu.
/ss list|all - Displays all available creatures.
/ss view - Displays information about the viewed spawner.
/ss reload|rl - Reloads the configuration files.
/ss change|set <newMob> - Changes the spawner you are currently holding or viewing at.
/ss give|add <player> <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to the player. Amount is optional.
/ss selfget|i <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to you. Amount is optional.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
English (default) by timbru31
German by timbru31
Dutch by Jeroendedoem
Indonesian by smsunarto
Norwegian by Riaz
Swedish by Syrianen
Italian by xMarioAnak
Spanish by JUMBONET
Turkish by xwerswoodx
French by Don_Sensileone
/ Portuguese by Luligabi
Polish by PLKaratusPL
Russian by EV.Jack
Feel free to share your localizations and they will be added here, just leave a comment with a link to a translated localization.yml!
Thank you for contributing!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
(Latest dev builds/bleeding edge builds) - - Dev builds from Jenkins
(Source code hosted on GitHub) - - Source Code
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
Maybe add economyDeveloped an addon, SilkSpawnersEcoAddon Better API?Added in 3.1, custom event
- If sign shops are not working, you may want to try my custom sign shop addon: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
- Mobs like Ghasts or Giants are too big for the spawner, this a Minecraft bug and I can't fix that
- Some older Essentials versions/ports are not updated properly for 1.8. There is a maintained fork called EssentialsX you should try.
- If you use Gui Sign Shop and users are unable to place spawners, you need to grant them the guishop.spawner permission from Gui Sign Shop
- Holographic Displays makes Slime spawners non functional
- UltraCosmetics, causes some spawners to non function: https://github.com/iSach/UltraCosmetics/issues/259
You can find more information here!
SilkSpawners is equipped with an API. You can find more information here!
- Adds support for Minecraft 1.18.2
- Adds a new permission silkspawners.list.* that filters the list output of /silkspawners list
- The tab completion now respects the users permissions and does not suggest mobs that are not available
- Fixes a bug where spawners obtained outside SilkSpawners were not recognized correctly (1.18 only)
- Various dependencies (such as bStats, WorldGuard, FactionsUUID) have been updated
- Adds support for Minecraft 1.18(.1)
- Re-adds check for ironGolemsCanSpawnInAir for 1.17
@mushroomhostage for his awesome plugin! I'm glad you allowed me to maintain it!
Thanks to all the testers with the 3.0 dev versions!
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from bStats)
I worked really hard on this plugin and I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page (right to the different tabs)
I'm accepting bitcoins, too! :)
This plugin is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license!
Information about the data usage collection bStats
./plugins/bStats/config.yml contains an option to opt-out.
The following data is read and sent to https://bstats.org and can be seen under https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/SilkSpawners
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
I have the problem that only OP players can place a spawner.
Is that from the 1.18, this goes to change with a console command, or do I have to install a new plugin?
In reply to ShahrukGer:
You'll need to configure the permissions. https://luckperms.net/wiki/Home & https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/silkspawners/pages/permissions
In reply to xghostkillerx:
And why don't you include that permission thing in the silkspawners config itself? It's getting really complicated otherwise, in my opinion. All I want is to allow every player to mine Spawners. As simple as that.
In reply to HoleySheit:
Hello, want to start off by saying very nice plugin! However, I'm having trouble implementing/finding some features that I'm not sure can be changed(?). There can be a few fixes to my problem so I'll just list them. I would like to disable TNT dropping spawners while keeping creeper explosions dropping spawners. Allow spawners to only be dropped if they were placed by a player and not naturally spawned. Allow only certain spawners to be dropped while limiting others. My goal is to limit spawner gain by people x-raying on my factions server. I would like to keep naturally spawned spawners on my server if possible, just not being able to be mined and obtained. I could discuss this further with you in discord or if you know a solution that would be much appreciated. Thank you! Also I'm running Minecraft 1.17.1.
Why do the spawners only drop for op players in my server?
In reply to ClemontMan:
You'll need to configure the permissions.
In reply to xghostkillerx:
Do you mind linking a tutorial, please?
In reply to roboss1000:
https://luckperms.net/wiki/Home & https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/silkspawners/pages/permissions
Is there a way to make the spawners craftable or changeable with heads? There's no way in 1.18 to legitimately get spawn eggs, and I've yet to find a mod that adds eggs to the drop table or an enchant to do the same thing
In reply to Emanilla:
Not yet possible, thanks for the suggestion though!
Any word on a 1.18 compatible release?
In reply to cybordemon:
It's awaiting review. Check out dev build #251 if you want the release 7.2.0 :)
i'ts not working to me i'am picking the spawner whit silk tuch pickaxe and it's not giveing meg the stuff
As you might know, SilkSpawners "suffers" from a ridiculous high download count - clearly a bug.
I'm investigating the issue together with the staff from Overwolf/Curse and have an important question for you server admins:
Did/Do you observe the curiosity that SilkSpawners downloads an update on EVERY server restart? If yes, please speak up! I'd like to debug the issue with you.
HOW DOES VERSION 7.0.0 HAVE 1,641,548,781 DOWNLOADS!?!?! How is that possible!? Over a billion downloads??
In reply to prototype464:
It's a bug that I'm investigating with the team of BukkitDev. Did you notice that on every server restart SilkSpawners downloads an update?
In reply to xghostkillerx:
Unfortunately I hadn't installed and run the plugin, but if you'd like help with debugging, I wouldn't mind helping out :>
Pretty funny to see a bug causing that, never seen it before and it was crazy to look at for the first time haha
In reply to prototype464:
A test would be really appreciated from my side and Overwolf/Curse :)
Great plugin but I have one question, why can't players silk spawners. they break the spawner and don't get the spawner. But when opped they get it.