SilkSpawners - Harvest mob spawners with silk touch
Thanks for MILLIONS of downloads!
This plugin requires Java >=8!
A sign shop addon for buying and selling spawners can be found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
Ever wanted to move a mob spawner? With SilkSpawners, you can now pick up and move monster spawners.
If you use a pickaxe with the silktouch enchantment you will receive the spawner again.
You can control each mob spawner, allow crafting and of course mod support.
I'm happy to hear about your opinion, just leave a comment with a feature request, bug, improvement or just a personal opinion.
As a reminder I want to say that I worked very long on this and really appreciate a 'thank you' in form of a donation! (See details on the bottom or the button on the top)
Thanks @smsunarto||Scott Moses Sunarto
- NEW A sign shop addon can be found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
- Added BarAPI support (for 1.9+ only: support for Vanilla implementation)
- per Type spawner name and explosion chance!
- Support Minecraft from 1.8.X to 1.18.2
- Configure a percentage of dropping a spawner on explosions (TNT & creeper)
- Spawner retains creature type
- Works on any spawner
- Crafting of each spawner (own recipe for every mob if wanted)
- Showing of creature type when spawners are placed, broken or held
- Commands for
- Changing a spawner in hand or sight
- Getting a new spawner (or egg) in the hand NEW: With offline player support!
- Console support
- Left-click spawner with spawn egg to change type (consuming egg or not)
- If enabled, right click with an egg and a MonsterSpawner of this type will appear
- Permissions support
- Support for
- Custom mobs added by client/server mods
- Spawning any entity with spawn eggs (dragons, non-creature entities, etc.)
- Dumping entity ID map on startup for debugging mods
- Compatible with
++and Spigot (see spawnersUnstackable)
- MCPC(+) and ported mods (auto-detects IDs)
- Not Enough Items (newer builds only)
- Flexible creature type names on input (pigman, zombiepigman, pigzombie, etc. all accepted), official names on output (Magma Cube, not "LavaSlime")
- Colored item names
- Localization of all messages
- There is an economy addon to charge the users when they change a spawner: SilkSpawnersEcoAddon
Third party features, all of them can be disabled
Please take a look at the detailed information about bStats below!
- bStats for usage statistics
- Auto Updater (connecting to http://dev.bukkit.org for updating checking)
- can be disabled if you switch autoUpdater to false in the config.yml
See the config here!
You can find a list of permissions and creatures here!
Only the bukkit permissions are supported!
I highly recommend that you use a plugin for permissions like bPermissions
If no permission system is found, all commands are for OPs only!
If you suffix a mob name with egg you will receive an egg instead.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
/ss help - Displays the help menu.
/ss list|all - Displays all available creatures.
/ss view - Displays information about the viewed spawner.
/ss reload|rl - Reloads the configuration files.
/ss change|set <newMob> - Changes the spawner you are currently holding or viewing at.
/ss give|add <player> <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to the player. Amount is optional.
/ss selfget|i <mob> [amount] - Gives a spawner or egg to you. Amount is optional.
NEW NEW NEW NEW
English (default) by timbru31
German by timbru31
Dutch by Jeroendedoem
Indonesian by smsunarto
Norwegian by Riaz
Swedish by Syrianen
Italian by xMarioAnak
Spanish by JUMBONET
Turkish by xwerswoodx
French by Don_Sensileone
/ Portuguese by Luligabi
Polish by PLKaratusPL
Russian by EV.Jack
Feel free to share your localizations and they will be added here, just leave a comment with a link to a translated localization.yml!
Thank you for contributing!
Downloads/Source Code/Dev Builds
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
(Latest dev builds/bleeding edge builds) - - Dev builds from Jenkins
(Source code hosted on GitHub) - - Source Code
Future Plans (a.k.a. ToDo)
Maybe add economyDeveloped an addon, SilkSpawnersEcoAddon Better API?Added in 3.1, custom event
- If sign shops are not working, you may want to try my custom sign shop addon: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/12028/
- Mobs like Ghasts or Giants are too big for the spawner, this a Minecraft bug and I can't fix that
- Some older Essentials versions/ports are not updated properly for 1.8. There is a maintained fork called EssentialsX you should try.
- If you use Gui Sign Shop and users are unable to place spawners, you need to grant them the guishop.spawner permission from Gui Sign Shop
- Holographic Displays makes Slime spawners non functional
- UltraCosmetics, causes some spawners to non function: https://github.com/iSach/UltraCosmetics/issues/259
You can find more information here!
SilkSpawners is equipped with an API. You can find more information here!
- Adds support for Minecraft 1.18.2
- Adds a new permission silkspawners.list.* that filters the list output of /silkspawners list
- The tab completion now respects the users permissions and does not suggest mobs that are not available
- Fixes a bug where spawners obtained outside SilkSpawners were not recognized correctly (1.18 only)
- Various dependencies (such as bStats, WorldGuard, FactionsUUID) have been updated
- Adds support for Minecraft 1.18(.1)
- Re-adds check for ironGolemsCanSpawnInAir for 1.17
@mushroomhostage for his awesome plugin! I'm glad you allowed me to maintain it!
Thanks to all the testers with the 3.0 dev versions!
Feel free to use this banner!! :)
Statistics (from bStats)
I worked really hard on this plugin and I'm very happy about any donation.
Support me & buy me some beer, this makes me happy and keeps me interested in this plugin.
Donation chain: -> I receive some money -> Buy coffee -> Work longer -> Faster Updates -> Your benefit!
There is a button on top of this page (right to the different tabs)
I'm accepting bitcoins, too! :)
This plugin is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license!
Information about the data usage collection bStats
./plugins/bStats/config.yml contains an option to opt-out.
The following data is read and sent to https://bstats.org and can be seen under https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/SilkSpawners
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
Hello, I was wondering if the spawners from SilkSpawners need to follow all spawn requirements from vanilla Minecraft in order to work? Like slime spawners only working in slime chunks, glow squid spawners working only under a certain Y level, and so on. Thank you.
Will you be updating to 1.19.3?
when 1.19 version coming out?
First dev builds are now available: https://ci.dustplanet.de/job/SilkSpawners/280/artifact/modules/SilkSpawners/target/SilkSpawners.jar
In reply to xghostkillerx:
I need Minecraft 1.19
This is the best plugin i have ever used but why is it not updating to 1.19?
It lets me use it for silk spawner :D
Make sure to update it
In reply to username65735:
this plugin is coded to automatically disable on new updates. I have my own resource i can send you that doesn't do stupid stuff like that
In reply to username65735:
In config.yml try:
It was near the bottom for me.
EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently the handler is hardcoded to the version.
For something as simple as letting people obtain spawners with a silk touch pickaxe, a 330 KB jar size is absurd. I've made one that does the exact same thing, AND combines a few other minor tweaks, and it's only 12.5 KB. Seems a little suspisous.
Also, please stop auto-disabling your plugins on unsupported versions. Odds are they will work fine. You're just screwing over everyone who wants to stay on the latest minecraft update.
In reply to luroskun:
Can you give me a crafting recipe for the settings?
I cannot get it to work myself
In reply to skippersad:
Mod works however permissions somewhere only allow OPs to place and actually harvest a spawner with silk touch. If a not OP-ed player tries it just breaks. If I give them one when they try to place it it doesn't allow them. I've gone through all the config files I can but can't find anything. I have essentialsX, Worldguard being the only plugins that would come close to causing it to do this. No luck in their respective config files either. Any input is appreciated.
not working in paper 1.18.2 ;/
In reply to Deernosey:
In reply to thefishnextdoor:
In the works!
So I have a plugin that disables normal spawners, but that plugin is essential for my server. I tried to use SpawnerCreator but that doesn't work normally on my server version (1.12.2). So, I downloaded this plugin and enabled spawnEggOverride and spawnEggOverrideSpawnDefault but the spawners still doesn't spawn. I tried to let the plugin spawn the mob in forcibly while not using the vanilla spawner algorithm/system/whatever but it still fails.
In reply to K_Abbage:
The spawning criteria are not changed by SilkSpawners, so whatever Vanilla requires to spawn the mobs is still valid.