Signs - The simplest sign editing plugin
This plugin allows to edit sign by right clicking them with an configurable item. Many protection plugins are supported.
When a new version is available, it'll be downloaded and installed automatically.
You can turn off this option in the config
Edit a sign
To edit a sign, you only have to right click it with the item set in the config (default: INK_SAC:0).
Write on a sign wall
To write over multiple signs, you have to left click one of the signs with a book (book and quill or written book) and the content of the book will be transfered to the signs.
I still don't know how to deal with the displayed char amount depending on the char width (since 1.8)
Copy and Paste
Rightclick a sign with the copy-item to copy its text, leftclick another sign to paste it again
Note: When the CopyCosts/PasteCosts option is enabled, copying/pasting will only work if you have one Copy.Ink in your inventory
- /signs - Reloads the plugin data from the configuration file.
- /edit <line> <text> - Edits the text on the specified line
- /colorcodes - Displays the color codes (colors the player doesn't have permissions for are italic)
- signs.use - Allows the user to edit signs.
- signs.copy - Allows the user to copy and paste text from one sign to another
- signs.signwall - Allows the user to write on a sign wall.
- signs.signcolors - Allows the user to use all colors.
- signs.signcolors.<color> - Allows access to a single color (only if PerColorPermissions is enabled)
- signs.reload - Allows the user to use the /signs command
- signs.colorcodes - Allows the user to use the /colorcodes command
- signs.edit - Allows the user to use the /edit command
- signs.bypass.<plugin> - Protections from the plugin <plugin> are ignored.
- signs.bypass.editcosts - Even if EditCosts is turned on, it is free to edit signs
- signs.bypass.copycosts - Even if CopyCosts is turned on, it is free to copy text from signs
- signs.bypass.pastecosts - Even if PasteCosts is turned on, it is free to paste text on signs
- Locale: your_language - Your language. If it doesn't exists, english will be used
- Action: INK_SACK:0 - The action value can be:
- Item (default: INK_SACK:0): The item value can be the name of the item or its id
- Sneak: Sneak to edit signs.
- Hand: Edit signs with every item
- EditCosts: false - if this is true, it costs one EditMaterial to edit a sign
- SignColors: true - Enable / disable the sign colors.
- PerColorPermissions: false - Enable / disable the ability to use enable per color permissions (higher CPU/Memory usage)
- OnlyInOwnedRegion: false - Whether a player can only edit signs in a WorldGuard region he owns or he is member in.
- NotifyUpdates: true - Whether update notifications are enabled or not
- AutoUpdate: true - Whether the auto updater is enabled or not
- Copy.Item: PAPER - The copy/paste item
- Copy.Ink: INK_SACK:0 - The item, which is needed, if CopyCosts or PasteCosts is enabled
- Copy.CopyCosts: false - Whether or not it costs one ink to copy a sign
- Copy.PasteCosts: false - Whether or not it costs one ink to paste copied text to another sign
Note: WorldGuard protection are normally also supported, whenever a player can place blocks he can edit signs. If OnlyInOwnedRegion is enabled, a player can only edit signs if he's owner or member in the region. This means also that, when no region is set, he can't edit signs
Multi language support
Currently supported languages:
Signs is coming with a multi language feature.
If you want to override the default messages, place a properties file called messages_[language]_[country]_[variant].properties (both the country and the variant are optional) in the signs folder, and write your own messages there.
The language code must be the same, as you've specified in the config.
If you find errors in one of the translations or if a language code is wrong, tell me that.
If you've translated it into another language and you want to share your translation, send me a pm.
Support for other plugins
Fully supported are the protections from:
Also NoCheatPlus is hooked in to prevent it's "AutoSign protection" from blocking Signs
Implement your ideas:
- If you have any ideas for plugins which i should support or some extra features, open a ticket and tell me them
please update this plugin to 1.13.x
1.11 works fine, add Residence support please
theres a free version on there description page
1.11 works fine, add residence support please
Add 1.11 support
When the user has the permission signs.signcolors but in the setting signcolors: false they can still make colored signs with paper, book and quill and editing but not /edit when the user doesn't have signs.signcolors and the setting signcolors: false they can still make colored signs with the book and quill
We love your plugin so we decided to create a video to showcase its features, feel free to use it on your plugin info area: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh6dcX9kRbk
This is a wonderful tool which should have been included in Minecraft itself.
I have it working just fine on Spigot 1.9.4.
Works wonders, This is a very useful tool for my moderators :D
This Plugin is broken in 1.9. Needs updating
Getting some error with 1.9.4. Can you please update this plugin? http://pastie.org/pastes/10846468/text
So i have a creative server, and I want people to be able to edit signs. just one problem, people can edit signs on others plots without being added. anyway to fix this?
-Hand edit not work normal player, but work in op player...
-Error command edit
[19:10:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Player issued server command: /edit 1 sa
[19:10:20] [Server thread/ERROR]: null
org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'edit' in plugin Signs v1.9.5
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:180) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:701) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:956) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:817) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:28) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PacketPlayInChat.handle(PacketPlayInChat.java:47) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:157) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ServerConnection.c(SourceFile:134) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:667) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:260) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:558) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Player.getTargetBlock(Ljava/util/Set;I)Lorg/bukkit/block/Block;
at com.jofkos.signs.commands.EditCommand.onCommand(EditCommand.java:48) [?:?]
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [CraftBukkit.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-10-g8688bd4-b3092jnks]
... 13 more
I need this for craftbukkit 1.7.9
I need this work with PermissionsEX.
Please, help =)
Signs v1.9.5 error for craftbukkit 1.7.9
Not Work T-T
Works wonderful thanks, My mods love this perk :)
I'll look at that. It seems like some permission things changed in mc 1.8.6
EDIT: Sorry, i'll do it when i find time :)
EDIT 2: I've tested that and i had no problems with the permissions thing. A player with the signs.use permissions had not problem editing signs using the item specified in the configuration file.
No, I'm saying that recently we were on 1.7.3, using your plugin, and it was working. We started a new map on version 1.8.6 with spigot and am having this problem. We were way behind in upgrading minecraft versions on my server.
We are using a LOT of plugins so I will link you to our list. Its about up to date. Again, opped players can use the feather, normal players can not despite having the permission.
I'll look at that, thank you for your report!
It would be nice to know the other plugins you're using, so i could work out where you problem is. You wrote 1.7.3, but i think you meant 1.8.3, is that right?
Hi, for some reason normal players on my server can't use a feather to edit signs despite have the signs.use permission. If a player is a mob or opped it works just fine. Every other part of this plugin is working great, and I know the editing worked when we were back on 1.7.3.
I am on Spigot 1.8.6 with the latest build of your plugin.
When a player clicks on a shop sign which is not his own, he buys an item from this shop.
I'm not able to reproduce your error. Would it be possible to send me a video or something similar?
That protection isn't working for me. This is for admin shops, not for regular member shops.