Server Resource Packs
Server Resource Packs
This plugin aims to replicate the old server texture functionality which was removed when resource packs were implemented. This plugin will send the players a configurable link when they log in which can be used to get the players your resource pack. As an alternative, players can also use the /rp command and they will be sent the same link which they can click to download.
- Provides a solution for the broken server texture system.
- Sends players a link to your resource pack on login.
- Allows for a simple easy way to get players your resource pack.
- Lightweight, easily configurable.
- Drag the plugin into your plugins folder and run server.
- Find the generated configuration file, and edit it to your liking.
- Reload or restart your server.
How to upload your resource pack:
- Go to a site such as dropbox, or another file uploader site.
- Upload the file for your resourcepack.
- Get the link leading to your resource pack (On dropbox go to share link, then right click the download button and copy the link).
- In the configuration file, copy that exact link and reload the plugin.
- srp.rp - Allows players to use the /rp command.
- srp.rpreload - Allows players to use the /rpreload command.
- /rp - Sends the player a link specified in the configuration file.
- /rpreload - Reloads the configuration file ingame.
Thanks for the installation steps regarding server resource packs
Resource Packs :) Okey! Server ()()()()()()()() ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Does this plugin downloads the resourcepacks while joining the game? Because in 1.7.* it automatically download the resourcepacks which conflicts with my security login plugin.
Malatak1, can you update that this plugin is compatible with 1.7? It works.
Im going to try this on CraftBukkit 1.7.5 R03
Yes... I'm surprised people keep downloading...
Isn't it true that we can do this in 1.7.2 with resource packs as we could with texture packs. Just give the client an ingame GUI for resource packs?
Yup, exactly. Closest thing you can get really to the old server texture system.
so basically this plugin just sends the player a link to the resource pack when he joins ? :D
Not very much, as I have been working on other projects, but since people seem to find this useful I can begin working on an update. I will probably add the ability to configure the message sent above the link on player spawn or use of the /rp command.
Multiworld support might be a good thing to have aswell - I will look into it.
Any progress on the next update? I'm also interested in multi-world (Multiverse) support.
I use CommandSigns! Before i coded my own version of this plugin i used CommandSigns and added the command /rp onto the sign.
Players are unable to click the link in chat. Please fix this. Also upon login, the link is the first thing to show up so it isn't visible. You should change it so it id the last thing to display.
Make sure your users have the permissions too. '- essentials.chat.url'.
i suggest using http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/resourcepackdownloader.6262/ its updated and cool
That feature was removed in the 1.6 update. That is why I coded this. Yes they have to go to the link (which in theory should be a direct download) and put it in their resource pack folder.
I want my players when they get in a message to pop up and ask them if they want to download but does this plugin let them Download in game? or they have to go to the link and download and put it as their resource pack?
@FlOppythp It allows you to basically get players a link to your resource pack. There is no way of ensuring they downloaded it, or are using it. This is impossible to my knowledge.
@LeBubbleBuilder Are you using the latest version of bukkit? I can ensure it works for me without crashing.
@KaptanAykin The only reason I can think of to explain why that might happen is if you didn't save the config file.
@rubberducky42 Not in the current version. I will implement this in the next update to the plugin.
@OnyxMC Not using this plugin. You can certainly use a sign URL plugin though, there are quite a few of those out there.
Is there a way to make it so it downloads the texture pack for them when they right click a sign etc?