Sentry for Citizens2
Sentry is a character plugin for the NPC plugin Citizens2. With Sentry, NPC's can be set to guard areas or act as bodyguards. Hostile targeting, retaliation, and a variety of options and stats allow a Sentry NPC to be customized to almost any guarding or combat situation.
- Attack monsters, players, and groups automatically. Sentry also has built-in support for Factions, Towny, War and SimpleClans
- Kill, and be killed by, players, monsters, and the environment.
- Guard locations, paths, players, or other NPCs.
- Use ranged or melee weapons. Shoot arrows, fireballs, snowballs, eggs, lightning, and potions with deadly accuracy.
- Be configured with stats such as Strength, Health, Armor, Speed, Range and even Night Vision!
- Ride mounts!
- Work with Denizen to become Bosses and Quest NPCs that run scripts upon death.
- Install Citizens2 You must use the correct version for your version of Bukkit
- Download the correct Sentry from the Citizens Wiki. You must use the correct version for your version of Bukkit
- Place Sentry.jar in your minecraft /plugins/ directory. Start your server.
- Create a NPC with Citizens and give it the 'sentry' trait.
/npc create Town Guard --trait sentry
- Customize your Sentry's stats and options and you're ready to go.
A full list of commands and options is available on the Citizens 2 Wiki
Sentry makes a config.yml in the plugins/Sentry folder on first load. Use this to tailor Sentry to your server. You can:
- Set defaults for new sentries
- Change or disable the item used for various attack types
- Add potion effects like slow or blindness to certain Sentry weapons.
- Add armor, strength and speed buffs to armor and weapons for Sentries.
- Set critical hit chances and messages.
The config.yml is commented with instructions.
I need some help please, I am running a spigot server and trying to run this plugin but whenever I do /trait sentry I get this error "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/v1_8_R2/Packet" can anyone shine some light on this and please help me. I would love to use this plugin and not have to worry about this problem. Please help, thank you
OK now works. I can confirm the plugin works fine in Spigot 1.8.3 if you download the jar that says: "Compatible for MC 1.8" in the changelog.
Mmmmm that could be possible as I didn't restart the server at all (just did plugman reload several times), let me check it and I'll tell you :P
Did... did you download Sentry twice or something?
I have tried the other jars, when I do /trait sentry It said "Added sentry successfully" but then it showed me this error in the console (I assure you that my server is running Spigot 1.8.3): http://prntscr.com/6s55fq
http://wiki.citizensnpcs.co/Sentry#Updates please read anything ever sometime. The downloads for 1.8 aren't on Bukkitdev, but they still exist man.
Any chance of 1.8 or later support?
This plugin looks great, and I hope it gets updated soon...
Your server is 1.8, not 1.8.3. Either update your server or downdate Sentry.
Help I'm running a spigot server for Minecraft 1.8.3 and when I do "'/trait sentry" with an npc it shows me this error in the console: http:prntscr.com/6o7d6k
Then you downloaded the wrong version. Actually read things and find the correct one.
Hey man, it still says the same thing. :/
Thanks man, I'm so sorry :(
Reading is so hard, huh? Read the comment literally directly below yours for the answer.
Hey man, this is an amazing plugin but I need some help. When I do /npc create (thename). After that when I do /trait sentry this is what comes up Please report this error:[See Console] javalong.noclassdeffounderror:net/minecraft/server/v1_7_R1/packet Can someone please help me?
Wrong version of Sentry. Get the correct here: http://wiki.citizensnpcs.co/Sentry#Updates
Hello, whenever i try to do /trait sentry, i get an error saying: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/v1_7_R3/Packet. Anybody know why?
Author,plugin Citizens 2 and Sentry can interact with plugin CrackShot?
Just disabled by temporary glitching, it'll be back within a few days max.
Hey guys, are the wikis coming back any time soon?
Op yourself, admin should override a typo in ownership.