UploadedNov 9, 2011
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1337
- New view type: Spout Views. Can create Spout views on any menu and assign a hotkey (or key combination) to each. Cascading menus (i.e. opening a submenu from another menu) are also possible. See http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/scrollingmenusign/pages/view-types/spout-views/
- New view type: Redstone Views. Can create redstone views on any menu, where applying and/or removing redstone current triggers a specific command from that menu. These views have some caveats and limitations; see http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/scrollingmenusign/pages/view-types/redstone-views
- Now uses Vault instead of Register for Economy and Permissions support. Register has been causing way too many problems and the author isn't active on the Register support forums.
- Needs Vault 1.1.1 minimum. If you use PEX, you need PEX 1.16 minimum.
- Meaning for '&&' in command sequences has changed slightly. '&&' now means execute the next command IF the last command ran OK (where it used to mean execute the next command unconditionally). E.g. "$E,100 /heal &&
You feel great!" now behaves like you would expect it to, only sending the message to the player if they were actually healed.
- @g:<group> command restrictor has had a reprieve - it still checks if the player is in the given group. Thank Vault's permissions abstraction layer for that.
- No longer auto-migrates permission nodes from the &SMS user into the elevation.nodes setting. This means that upgrading from 0.7 direct to 0.9 wouldn't pick this information up automatically. So if upgrading from 0.7, I recommend to upgrade to 0.8.4 first, then to 0.9. If you're upgrading from 0.8.x, there should be no problem.
- Maps should now render correctly (i.e. per-player) when multiple players are looking at the same map view.
- 'use_any_view' setting is now called 'ignore_view_ownership', a more accurate description of what it does. It will be auto-updated in your config file. Similarly the 'scrollingmenusign.useAnyView' permission is now known as 'scrollingmenusign.ignoreViewOwnership' (although the old node name will continue to work for now).
- API: runCommandString() is deprecated - use runCommand() instead. The return value is much more informative now.
- API: SMSScrollableView scrollUp(), scrollDown(), getScrollPos(), setScrollPos() methods which don't take a Player parameter are deprecated. Use corresponding method calls which take a Player parameter.
- Using the new Bukkit Configuration API. CraftBukkit 1337 is required.
- Now uses Maven to build the project.
- ScrollingMenuSign only supports superperms plugins (PermissionsBukkit, PermissionsEx, bPermissions, zPermissions). Permissions 2.x/3.x is no longer supported.
- If you're using PermissionsEx (PEX) you will need to use PEX 1.16. 1.15 or earlier will not work.