This plugin stores a player's inventory in a chest on death for later retrieval. It has many options, but configuration and use has been kept as simple as possible.
- Places a single or double chest at player's death location containing the player's inventory
- Optional sign placement on chest, showing player name and death date
- Configurable list of block types that chests can replace
- WorldGuard, GriefPrevention, PreciousStones and Towny aware, will not place a chest where the player does not have access. Enabled individually.
- Option to check protection plugins on chest access. Enabled individually, disabled by default.
- added WorldGuard 7.0 compatibility.
- Searches a configurable distance from death location to find a suitable chest location
- Optionally require players to have chest(s) in inventory
- Chest protection allows only owners access. Also makes chests explosion proof!
- Optionally allow player's killer to access their chest, for pvp looting.
- Prevent concurrent access to chests when killer looting is enabled.
- Optional quick-loot feature allows one click (sneak-punch) chest looting
- Configurable expiration time for death chests, at which point they will break and drop their contents
- Custom messages and language localization
- Per world enabled in configuration
- Uses sqlite for persistent storage
- Prevents creative mode players from opening death chests
- Optionally prevent players from placing items in death chests
- Optional sound effects!
- A perfect compliment to SavageDeathCompass and SavageGraveyards
||Default player permissions||true|
||Enable death chests for player.||true|
||Allows player to quick-loot death chests by sneak-punching.||true|
||Allows placement of double chests if necessary.||true|
||Default administrator permissions||op|
||Overrides creative mode chest opening restriction.||op|
||Allow player to loot other player's chests.||op|
||Allows use of plugin reload command.||op|
||Allows a user to view a list of their death chests and locations.||op|
||Allows a user to view a list of other players death chests and locations.||op|
/deathchest list [username]
Displays a list of player's death chest locations. Requires deathchest.list permission. If a player has permission deathchest.list.other, they can supply a username to list another player's deathchests, or type an asterisk (*) to list all deathchests.
Reloads configuration file and messages. Requires deathchest.reload permission, which is child node of deathchest.admin.
Displays version info and some config settings. Requires deathchest.status permission, which is child node of deathchest.admin.
/deathchest help [command]
Displays a brief help message and command usage.
Put the jar in your plugins folder and restart your server. Edit the generated configuration file to your liking, then reload the plugin settings with the
/deathchest reload command. No server restart necessary!
All configuration changes can be made without needing to restart your server. Just issue the reload command when you are satisfied with your settings in config.yml.
Source code for this plugin is hosted on github and distributed under the GPLv3 license.