Frequency Asked Questions
F A Q
QuickShop doesn't start at all!
- Make sure you have Vault installed and working (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/Vault)
- Make sure you have a working economy set up (Such as iConomy, EssentialsEco, Craftconomy, etc)
- Read the error log. If you don't understand why it's not working, create a ticket.
I can't create shops!
- Short version: If you use a plugin like OpenInv or VanishNoPacket - You can't create a shop while in 'silent' (/sc) mode or 'vanished' (/v).
- Long version: When a shop is created, I throw a chest open event. If the event is cancelled, I don't let them create a shop. Some plugins that allow you to open chests cancel this event and just open the chest silently anyway. This means I don't let them create a shop.
How do I make an Admin Shop?
- Make a shop normally
- Face the shop
- Type /qs unlimited to make it unlimited
- Do /qs setowner AdminShop (Or any other name you see fitting)
- Make sure you ban/stop the owner of the shop from logging in or they get profits. (Not such an issue on cracked servers)
How do I stop unlimited shop owners receiving money?
- Edit the config
- Go to shops, then pay-unlimited-shop-owners and set it to false
Help! Players can buy things without paying for them!
- Are you using unlimited shops? Are you the owner? Why would you have to pay for it?
- Do you own the shop?
- Is vault installed and working?
- Do you have a valid economy plugin?
How do I create a buy and sell shop?
- Place two chests next to each other
- Make sure you have the quickshop.create.double permission node
- Click on one chest with the item you want to sell, make it a shop
- Click on the other chest with the item you want to buy, make it a shop, do /qs buy while facing it
- Done. Players can sell to one chest and buy from the other chest. The chests work off the same inventory.
Is the plugin compatible with Plugin X? (LWC, Lockette, etc)
- In short: Players can create a shop on any chest they can open, so long as they have permission to do so.
- In full: I throw a Player right click event whenever attempting to create a shop. If the event is cancelled, then a plugin does not want the player to open the chest. This means that I don't let them create a shop. (This has been known to cause issues (The effect is actually intended, but not expected) with plugins like VanishNoPacket)
How do I change the item a shop is selling?
- Break the shop
- Make a new one
How do I stop others accessing others chests?
- Go to config
- Set "lock" to true in shops
- See config
- In the config, there is a tax amount and a tax-account defined.
- The tax-amount is the decimal percentage charged each time someone does a transaction - E.g. 0.05 and the shop purchase was $500, that means 0.05 * 500 is taken away in tax
- Tax-account - this is the user that the money from the tax is sent to. Probably want something like AdminShop (See above)
Found a bug!
Mention it in a ticket. They're easier for me to track than comments. Mention how you did it. Use gooder english.
I have a question that's not here!
Mention it in a comment on the main bukkit page. I don't get notifications if you post on this or the config page!