NOTE: This plugin requires you have Vault enabled on your server
This plugin adds to PvP, in addition to any items that may be dropped, players also steal money from the players they kill. The amount stolen is configurable.
Money can also be taken from a Player when they die.
- Supports all major Economies and Permission Plugins thanks to Vault
- You can change what command this plugin uses by editing the plugin.yml (found inside the plugin jar file)
- MultiWorld support (Disable rewards and/or death tolls in specific Worlds)
- Configurable properties
- Custom messages
- KDR Leaderboard
- Several methods of determining amount of money lost/stolen (percent, flat rate, etc...)
- Add Players to a specific Permission Group if they kill too many other Players
- Option of having tombstones to hold items instead of players dropping items (Beta feature)
- Configurable combat time
- Optional penalties for logging or teleporting while in combat
- Broadcast when a Player Combat Logs
- pvpreward.getreward = Needed to steal money from another Player
- pvpreward.givereward = Needed to have money stolen from you
- pvpreward.ignoredeathtoll = Do not pay Death Toll when you die
- pvpreward.reset = Needed to reset any Player's Kills/Deaths/Karma
() indicates a required field.
If Player is not specified, then the command sender is used
- /pvp outlaws - Lists current Outlaws
- /pvp karma (Player) - Lists the Karma level of the specified Player
- /pvp kdr (Player) - Lists the Kill/Death ratio of the specified Player
- /pvp rank (Player) - Lists the KDR rank of the specified Player
- /pvp top (Amount) - Lists the top ranked KDRs
 indicates a required field.
- /pvp reset - Lists the Admin reset commands
- /pvp reset kdr - Sets your kills and deaths to 0
- /pvp reset kdr [Player] - Sets the specified Player's kills and deaths to 0
- /pvp reset kdr all- Sets everyone's kills and deaths to 0
- /pvp reset karma - Sets your Karma Level to 0
- /pvp reset karma [Player] - Sets the specified Player's Karma Level to 0
- /pvp reset karma all- Sets everyone's Karma Level to 0
Most of these setting are configurable
Picture + Written Description by riuthamus
Scene01: Bob and Jacob have done nothing, all stats are base:
- KARMA POINTS: 0
- DROP PERCENT: 10%
- 500 COINS IN ACCOUNT
Scene02: Bob attacks and kills Jacbob, this will do the following things:
- Bob will gain 2 karma points
- Jacob will lose 1 karma point ( if he is at 0, it will stay at 0 )
- Bob's chance for drop of gold will be increased by a 2% modifier if his karma is less than 50
- If the chance for drop of coins from Jacob ( the killed ) is a success, a random value ( default range of 0%-5% ) will be taken from Jacob's bank account
Scene03: Bob has been bad, and has killed lots of people and now has 48 karma. He kills Jacob again, the following things occur.
- Bob will gain 2 karma points putting him over the 50 karma making him an outlaw
- Jacob will lose 1 karma point ( cannot go below 0 )
- Bob's chance for drop of gold will be increased to 100% since he is considered an ( outlaw ) and still gains +2 karma
- If the chance for drop of coins from Jacob ( the killed ) is a success, a random value (default range of 0%-5% ) will be taken from Jacob's bank account
Scene04: Jacob kills bob after bob has 52 karma, the following occurs:
- Bob will lose 1 point of karma taking him down to 51
- Bob is still an outlaw so he has 100% chance of drop of gold/coins
- Jacob WILL NOT earn karma points because he killed an outlaw
If the modifier is set to 20, whenever an outlaw kills a non-outlaw, he gets 20% more coin on top of the rewards he already would have gotten (if he successfully gets the drops in the first place). Likewise, if the modifier was set to 150, he'd get 150% more coin.
Now, more in-depth and complex mode: The modifier increases after certain karma thresholds. For example: You have set your options in the config file as follow: karmaThreshold: 10, outlawModifier: 2, modifierMax: 50
With this, every 10 karma after 50 (60, 70, 80, etc.) will grant the outlaw a 2% bonus to all drops stolen. After it reaches 50% extra drops stolen, it stops increasing (as based on the modifierMax variable). It seems complex, and it's probably not for everyone, but it'd be cool in my opinion.
(All of that is amount of coin stolen, not the rate at which they drop them, to make it clear!)
Setup (Config settings):
RewardType may be any of the following:
All other settings depend on what the reward type is set to.
This type has the most features, It is explained at the bottom of this page, the settings are as follows:
- Percent - The base percentage for calculating whether there will be a drop
- Amount - The amount of Karma needed to be considered an Outlaw
- High - The maximum percentage that could be taken from a killed players account
- Low - The minimum percentage that could be taken from a killed players account
- OutlawModifier - Outlaws steal an additional x%
- KarmaThreshold - Increase OutlawModifier every x kills
- ModifierMax - OutlawModifier will not go beyond x
The Killer will always steal a specific amount from the killed, the settings are as follows:
- Amount - The amount of money that will be stolen upon each murder
- All other settings don't matter
The Killer will steal an amount of money within a given range, the settings are as follows:
- High - The maximum amount that could be taken from a killed players account
- Low - The minimum amount that could be taken from a killed players account
- All other settings don't matter
The Killer will steal a certain percent of the killed players total balance, the settings are as follows:
- Percent - The percent of money that will be taken from a killed player account
- All other settings don't matter
The Killer will steal a percent of money within a given range, the settings are as follows:
- High - The maximum percent that could be taken from a killed players account
- Low - The minimum percent that could be taken from a killed players account
- All other settings don't matter
The Killer will steal an percent of money based on the two players KDRs. You receive a higher percent from players with a higher KDR (formula is killedKDR/killerKDR). This percent is taken from the killed players total balance. No settings are used.
Someone should definitely update this.
So I have DeathTolls set to none, but when using FlatRate to give players $15 per kill, the victim still loses $15. Any way to fix this?
I would think so. In testing if it worked all features were functioning as expected with the exception of players logging kills. I would think that the UUIDs are the problems since it is trying to reward usernames instead.
I love the plugin especially the idea of karma for killing but what about a configurable kill counter system for players to where a certain amount of kills/karma would execute a command. Perhaps a point/killrank system for a shop that can be used to buy pvp items and permissions. I dont expect you to implement this but if you did id apreciate it of course but certainly expect me to be using this plugin on my server once its restructured
is this only broken because of UUIDs? I really didn't plan on updating this but maybe I could hand it off to another dev.
Any chance of this getting picked back up? Followed and used it for a while until it stopped updating. Now I'm looking for a karma plugin again and this is still the best fit! If you are looking for more people to start it up again I'll be the first to say I'm all for it! =D
Unfourtanely, those links are out of date. That site is neglectate as I have a new site in the works. I didn't plan on updating this plugin but it might be simple enough to add uuid support.
I am pretty sure the most updated versions are here:
Any chance of continuing development of this plugin? I fear it will break with the uuid change and I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble at this point.
update for 1.7.2?
Is there a way (on flatrate) to just give them a set amount if they kill someone? rather than steal it from another player just give them X amount?
Not seeming to be able to disable it in certain worlds. Is that a known issue?
#Config file for PvPReward#
#Plugin made by Codisimus#
This is how many users will be posted by default in the top command DefaultTopAmount=5
If set to true, money amount will not use decimals WholeNumbers=false
#Death settings (includes PvP and non-PvP)#
Players will lose money everytime they dieDeathTollType can be set to Percent, FlatRate, or none DeathTollType=FlatRate DeathToll=20
If DisableTollForPvP is set to true, Players will not pay a toll when killed from PvP DisableTollForPvP=falseSeperate Worlds with ", " (comma space) DisableDeathTollInWorlds=world_minigames, world_tut
Graves contain all items a Player dropped when they diedIf a Player clicks on the Sign before it vanishes they retrieve their items
Note Graves is still a beta feature and does not fully work properlyGraves will only be used if DigGraves is set to true DigGraves=false
The amount of time before a grave disappears (in seconds) GraveTime=300
These are the messages that players will see while using PvPRewardType \! instead of ! in order to use an exclamation point (ex. hi\!)
Use & to specify colors for messages (ex. &3hi&a.) KilledMessage=&3<amount> was stolen from you upon death\! KillerMessage=&3You stole <amount> from <killed> KilledNotEnoughMoney=&3<killer> took pity on you for being so poor\! KillerNotEnoughMoney=&3It was not worth stealing from <killed>. OutlawBroadcast=&a<killer> is now an outlaw\! NoLongerOutlawBroadcast=&a<killed> is no longer an outlaw\! KarmaDecreased=&3Karma decreased to <karma> for being killed\! KarmaIncreased=&3Karma increased to <karma> for killing <killed>\! KarmaNoChange=&3No change in Karma because <killed> was an outlaw\! DeathTollMessage=&4You dropped <amount> while dying\! GraveRobMessage=&5You retrieved the items from the grave DenyTeleMessage=&6You cannot teleport while in combat\! CombatLoggerBroadcast=&6<player> has logged during combat and lost <amount>!The OutlawTag will not be used if it is blank OutlawTag=[&9Outlaw&f] <name> KarmaName=karma OutlawName=outlaw
This is the amount of time that you will stay in combat (in seconds) CombatTime=1If set to true then Players who log-off while in combat will still lose money
Set to false if running CombatTag (CombatTag checks for client crashes) PenalizeLoggers=trueThis is how much money the Player will lose from combat logging LoggerPenalty=100
If set to true then a Player will not be able to teleport while in combat DenyTele=trueThis is how many half hearts the Player will lose after trying to teleport TelePenalty=4
Seperate Worlds with ", " (comma space) DisableRewardInWorlds=
List of possible values for RewardTypeKarma, FlatRate, Range, Percent, PercentRange, PercentKDR RewardType=FlatRate
These four settings depend on the RewardType(more info below) High=5 Low=0 Percent=50 Amount=20
The following settings only matter if the RewardType is KarmaIncrease OutlawModifier every x kills KarmaThreshold=10
Outlaws steal an additional x% (can be set to a negative number) OutlawModifier=20OutlawModifier will not go beyond x (should be negative if above is negative) ModifierMax=200
Every x minutes, each online player will lose one Karma PointIf set to 0 then there will be no Karma cooldown CooldownTime=0
If set to true, all Karma values will be displayed as negativeAll numbers in config should still be positive numbers (unless stated otherwise) Negative=false
If these fields are not blank, Outlaws will be put into the OutlawGroupOnce they are no longer Outlaws, Players will be put into the Group they were in OutlawGroup= RemoveFromCurrentGroup=true
You can configure different rewards for rank?
For example: kill range "god" and you receive 1 million Matas range: newbie and you receive two thousand
They're not large at all - only 3kb. The issue, apparently, was only a one-time instance. I have not seen anything like this since then.
Looks like it happens when my plugin saves data. Check your save files, are they really large?
For some reason, I've recently gotten strange "lag" spikes on my server. The server would indicate that it "Can't Keep Up", but the server computer isn't anywhere near 100% CPU on any core.
The reason I'm posting is because NoLagg pointed this plugin as the probable one. I've no definite evidence this plugin is indeed causing it, but I might as well report this incident.
There's no errors or anything, but this is what was reported:
After beginning the server at 6:30, I've seen this happen twice, specifically at 7:30 and 7:45 (notice the exact times and 15 minute delay).
I'll report more if I dig up more information.
hi there all
does anyone know if this works on 1.72 looks like a great plugin
No, bc that would allow easily farming money. You can do this with my plugin PhatLoots.
Hey, before I download this plugin and move on from my old one, I have a questions: Is it possible to make it so that players don't STEAL money, they just get money per kill? Because right now, the only way to get money is to kill players, but everyone starts with $0, so players can't steal money, and I don't want loans either.