PurpleIRC is an IRC to Minecraft bridge plugin. This plugin supports running multiple bots on multiple channels. This plugin utilizes the PircBotX Java IRC framework (included in the plugin jar).
- For additional information see the PurpleIRC Wiki.
- Relay chat from game to IRC and vice versa.
- Relay game events to IRC.
- Relay IRC events to game.
- Translate colors from game to IRC and vice versa.
- Fully configurable message templates.
- Enable or disable any chat feature to and from the game.
- Most of the configuration options are per bot and per channel.
- Each bot can join multiple channels.
- Automatically op IRC users based on user masks.
- Control and protect the IRC topic.
- Manage IRC channel modes.
- Automatically reconnect to the IRC server on disconnect.
- Respond to commands in IRC chat.
- Send any command to the game via the console.
- Supports prefixes and suffixes. (see sample config for details)
- Displays IRC users in the tab list. (requires ProtocolLib)
- Monitor player command usage.
- Great for cross server chatting.
- Update checker will make external HTTP connections to check for new versions.
- SSL/TLS support.
- If you are running CraftBukkit version 1.7.2 or older then stick to PurpleIRC version v2.1.14-174 and older.
- If you need a version that supports Spigot visit the Spigot Resource Page.
How to install
- Drop the PurpleIRC.jar file into your plugins directory.
- Restart the server. (Please don't use /reload)
- Copy plugins/PurpleIRC/sample bot to plugins/PurpleIRC/bots/NewBotName.yml
- Edit the bot yml file as needed. Each option is documented.
- Use /irc load bot.yml command to load and start the new bot.
- Configure permissions.
- Configuration - Use /irc reloadconfig to load your changes while the bot is running.
- Sample Bot - Use /irc reloadbotconfigs to load your changes while the bot is running.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Supports mcMMO admin and party chats.
- Supports FactionChat chat modes. (public, ally and enemy)
- Supports HeroChat Global, all channels or specific channels.
- Supports TitanChat chat manager.
- Supports TownyChat chat manager. See FAQ.
- Supports Dynmap web chat.
- Supports AdminPrivateChat
- Supports CleverNotch bot messages.
- Supports ReportRTS ticket notifications.
- Supports VanishNoPacket. Prevents IRC from announcing vanished players.
- Supports Shortify URL shortener. 1.8 and newer only
- Supports RedditStream notifications.
- Supports SuperVanish
- PircBotX: The PircBotX classes are included in the plugin jar file.
- Vault. If you need to use the %GROUP% token then install Vault.
- ProtocolLib. If you need to use the custom tab list then install ProtocolLib.
Permissions (see plugin.yml)
|irc.<COMMAND>||op||Every command requires a permission node.|
|irc.message.chat||true||Receive IRC chat messages|
|irc.message.gamechat||true||Send game chat to IRC|
|irc.message.action||true||Receive IRC chat actions (/me)|
|irc.message.quit||false||Receive IRC quit messages|
|irc.message.join||false||Receive IRC join messages|
|irc.message.disconnect||op||Receive IRC disconnect messages|
|irc.message.connect||op||Receive IRC connect messages|
|irc.message.kick||false||Receive IRC kick messages|
|irc.message.nickchange||false||Receive IRC nick change messages|
|irc.message.topic||false||Receive IRC topic messages|
|irc.message.part||false||Receive IRC part messages|
|irc.tablist||op||Display IRC users in tab list|
|/irc load [bot.yml]||Load bot file|
|/irc unload [bot.yml] (disable)||Unload bot and optionally disable it|
|/irc reload||Reload entire plugin (Don't use this to load changes to your configs and bots. Use reloadconfig and reloadbotconfigs instead)|
|/irc reloadconfig||Reload config.yml|
|/irc save||([bot])||Save bot configuration(s) to disk|
|/irc reloadbot||[bot]||Reload the bot config and reconnect|
|/irc reloadbots||Reload all bot configs and reconnect|
|/irc reloadbotconfig||[bot]||Reload bot config without reconnecting|
|/irc reloadbotconfigs||Reload all bot configs without reconnecting|
|/irc connect||([bot])||Connect to configured IRC serve|
|/irc disconnect||([bot])||Disconnect from configured IRC server|
|/irc listbots||List loaded bots|
|/irc list||([bot]) ([channel])||List users in a channel|
|/irc kick||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Kick user(s) from a channel|
|/irc op||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Op user(s) in a channel|
|/irc listops||[bot] [channel]||List auto ops for a channel|
|/irc motd||[bot]||Display IRC motd.|
|/irc deop||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||DeOp user(s) in a channel|
|/irc addop||[bot] [channel] [user mask]||Add user mask to op list|
|/irc removeop||[bot] [channel] [user mask]||Remove user mask from op list|
|/irc server||[bot] [server] ([true|false])||Set IRC server for bot. Optionally set autoconnect|
|/irc mute||([bot]) ([channel]) [user(s)]||Mute user(s) in a channel|
|/irc unmute||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Unmute user(s) in a channel|
|/irc nick||[bot] [nick]||Change the bot's IRC nickname|
|/irc login||[bot] [login]||Change the bot's IRC login|
|/irc join||[bot] [channel]||Join a channel|
|/irc leave||[bot] [channel] ([reason)]||Leave a channel|
|/irc whois||([bot]) [nick]||Get IRC user's whois info|
|/irc say||[bot] [channel] [message]||Make the bot say something|
|/irc send||([bot]) ([channel]) [message]||Send a message to a channel|
|/irc debug||([t|f])||Enable debug mode|
|/irc messagedelay||[bot] ([milliseconds])||Get or set IRC message delay. (Default: 1000)|
|/irc msg||([bot]) [user] [message]||Send a private message to IRC user|
|/irc ctcp||([bot]) [user|channel] [message]||Send ctcp command to user or channel.|
|/irc notice||([bot]) [user|channel] [message]||Send notice command to user or channel.|
|/irc sendraw||([bot]) [command]||Send raw command to IRC server.|
|/irc updatecheck||([stable|dev])||Check for new versions of PurpleIRC.|
IRC User Modes
- AuthMe: If you are running the AuthMe plugin you will need to set enableAntiBot to false.
- Tickets: Please reports bugs using the ticket tracker.
- IRC: I'm usually hanging out in #PurpleIRC on irc.esper.net. If I'm awake you can chat with me there.
- PM: Feel free to send me private messages here.
I found this Irc bot and seems to work fine. But I need to relay all irc chat to the game from the irc. I am cross chatting with my bot for Anarchy Online and it's passes everything from / to the irc. The problem I found is this . IF the name in the Irc is not on the server this bot will not relay it . As the bot that I need it to relay is not in MC it ignores it and no isn't a simple rename it thing. I need this to pass any and all irc msgs to chat in MC. No I don't need commands sent to game just chat. Testing done: I set my irc name to my mc name Works fine. Change my irc name nothing stopped relaying. Please tell me there is an easy answer.
Just found the error logs here is the error. Here...
In your commands section create a command like this. This will allow you to run any command as the console. Example: ".console op someplayer" or "console stop"
There is no capability right now to view the console log in realtime. The command output will show up in the IRC channel. However, there are caveats to that if you are running Spigot 1.8.
Is there any way to make this act like a console? So everything shown in the console shows up and I can put any command into IRC client to use it as if it was a console in front of me?
Thanks for adding a workaround for bukkit commands (whitelist etc.)! :-) <3
+4 likes/rep for you :D
I tested the latest dev build, and It works just fine.
Thank you to your all great works! :)
This has been added to the latest PurpleIRC dev build.
Please, Support Super Vanish.
It is one of the best vanish plugin.
Turns out it was the unstable NameTagEdit causing it. Dunno how or why though.
What version of PurpleIRC and CraftBukkit are you running? Is "show-motd: false" set in your bot yml file?
So I am now randomly getting [WARN]: [Craft Scheduler Thread - 5] INFO org.pircbotx.InputParser give me the whole network MOTD when connecting. I never used to, and haven't changed anything. Why is this?
What version of Jobs are you running?
Edit: Please also verify that you did a complete stop and start when loading the new PurpleIRC. If possible also send me the startup log.
Legend! Thankyou good sir!
Edit: Hmm, same thing: http://hastebin.com/kakemigana.avrasm
This is fixed in latest dev version: http://h.cnaude.org:8081/job/PurpleIRC/
Hello good sir, looks like i'm having issues, think it's related to the jobs plugin, which i know isnt included here, but not sure and would really like to keep using this as i have been for a few years :)
How do you make it so when players log into the chat(and log out) it displays ingame? And is it possible to hide a certain player logging in and out?
Probably nothing serious (socket related) @ server-start:
ahh, thanks :-)
Yes. See line 55 and 56 of the sample bot. https://github.com/cnaude/PurpleIRC/blob/master/src/main/resources/SampleBot.yml
When logging commands, is it possible to filter out certain commands i.e. /register /login etc.?
Indeed. Thanks a bunch! :-) +1/like