PurpleIRC is an IRC to Minecraft bridge plugin. This plugin supports running multiple bots on multiple channels. This plugin utilizes the PircBotX Java IRC framework (included in the plugin jar).
- For additional information see the PurpleIRC Wiki.
- Relay chat from game to IRC and vice versa.
- Relay game events to IRC.
- Relay IRC events to game.
- Translate colors from game to IRC and vice versa.
- Fully configurable message templates.
- Enable or disable any chat feature to and from the game.
- Most of the configuration options are per bot and per channel.
- Each bot can join multiple channels.
- Automatically op IRC users based on user masks.
- Control and protect the IRC topic.
- Manage IRC channel modes.
- Automatically reconnect to the IRC server on disconnect.
- Respond to commands in IRC chat.
- Send any command to the game via the console.
- Supports prefixes and suffixes. (see sample config for details)
- Displays IRC users in the tab list. (requires ProtocolLib)
- Monitor player command usage.
- Great for cross server chatting.
- Update checker will make external HTTP connections to check for new versions.
- SSL/TLS support.
- If you are running CraftBukkit version 1.7.2 or older then stick to PurpleIRC version v2.1.14-174 and older.
- If you need a version that supports Spigot visit the Spigot Resource Page.
How to install
- Drop the PurpleIRC.jar file into your plugins directory.
- Restart the server. (Please don't use /reload)
- Copy plugins/PurpleIRC/sample bot to plugins/PurpleIRC/bots/NewBotName.yml
- Edit the bot yml file as needed. Each option is documented.
- Use /irc load bot.yml command to load and start the new bot.
- Configure permissions.
- Configuration - Use /irc reloadconfig to load your changes while the bot is running.
- Sample Bot - Use /irc reloadbotconfigs to load your changes while the bot is running.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Supports mcMMO admin and party chats.
- Supports FactionChat chat modes. (public, ally and enemy)
- Supports HeroChat Global, all channels or specific channels.
- Supports TitanChat chat manager.
- Supports TownyChat chat manager. See FAQ.
- Supports Dynmap web chat.
- Supports AdminPrivateChat
- Supports CleverNotch bot messages.
- Supports ReportRTS ticket notifications.
- Supports VanishNoPacket. Prevents IRC from announcing vanished players.
- Supports Shortify URL shortener. 1.8 and newer only
- Supports RedditStream notifications.
- Supports SuperVanish
- PircBotX: The PircBotX classes are included in the plugin jar file.
- Vault. If you need to use the %GROUP% token then install Vault.
- ProtocolLib. If you need to use the custom tab list then install ProtocolLib.
Permissions (see plugin.yml)
|irc.<COMMAND>||op||Every command requires a permission node.|
|irc.message.chat||true||Receive IRC chat messages|
|irc.message.gamechat||true||Send game chat to IRC|
|irc.message.action||true||Receive IRC chat actions (/me)|
|irc.message.quit||false||Receive IRC quit messages|
|irc.message.join||false||Receive IRC join messages|
|irc.message.disconnect||op||Receive IRC disconnect messages|
|irc.message.connect||op||Receive IRC connect messages|
|irc.message.kick||false||Receive IRC kick messages|
|irc.message.nickchange||false||Receive IRC nick change messages|
|irc.message.topic||false||Receive IRC topic messages|
|irc.message.part||false||Receive IRC part messages|
|irc.tablist||op||Display IRC users in tab list|
|/irc load [bot.yml]||Load bot file|
|/irc unload [bot.yml] (disable)||Unload bot and optionally disable it|
|/irc reload||Reload entire plugin (Don't use this to load changes to your configs and bots. Use reloadconfig and reloadbotconfigs instead)|
|/irc reloadconfig||Reload config.yml|
|/irc save||([bot])||Save bot configuration(s) to disk|
|/irc reloadbot||[bot]||Reload the bot config and reconnect|
|/irc reloadbots||Reload all bot configs and reconnect|
|/irc reloadbotconfig||[bot]||Reload bot config without reconnecting|
|/irc reloadbotconfigs||Reload all bot configs without reconnecting|
|/irc connect||([bot])||Connect to configured IRC serve|
|/irc disconnect||([bot])||Disconnect from configured IRC server|
|/irc listbots||List loaded bots|
|/irc list||([bot]) ([channel])||List users in a channel|
|/irc kick||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Kick user(s) from a channel|
|/irc op||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Op user(s) in a channel|
|/irc listops||[bot] [channel]||List auto ops for a channel|
|/irc motd||[bot]||Display IRC motd.|
|/irc deop||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||DeOp user(s) in a channel|
|/irc addop||[bot] [channel] [user mask]||Add user mask to op list|
|/irc removeop||[bot] [channel] [user mask]||Remove user mask from op list|
|/irc server||[bot] [server] ([true|false])||Set IRC server for bot. Optionally set autoconnect|
|/irc mute||([bot]) ([channel]) [user(s)]||Mute user(s) in a channel|
|/irc unmute||[bot] [channel] [user(s)]||Unmute user(s) in a channel|
|/irc nick||[bot] [nick]||Change the bot's IRC nickname|
|/irc login||[bot] [login]||Change the bot's IRC login|
|/irc join||[bot] [channel]||Join a channel|
|/irc leave||[bot] [channel] ([reason)]||Leave a channel|
|/irc whois||([bot]) [nick]||Get IRC user's whois info|
|/irc say||[bot] [channel] [message]||Make the bot say something|
|/irc send||([bot]) ([channel]) [message]||Send a message to a channel|
|/irc debug||([t|f])||Enable debug mode|
|/irc messagedelay||[bot] ([milliseconds])||Get or set IRC message delay. (Default: 1000)|
|/irc msg||([bot]) [user] [message]||Send a private message to IRC user|
|/irc ctcp||([bot]) [user|channel] [message]||Send ctcp command to user or channel.|
|/irc notice||([bot]) [user|channel] [message]||Send notice command to user or channel.|
|/irc sendraw||([bot]) [command]||Send raw command to IRC server.|
|/irc updatecheck||([stable|dev])||Check for new versions of PurpleIRC.|
IRC User Modes
- AuthMe: If you are running the AuthMe plugin you will need to set enableAntiBot to false.
- Tickets: Please reports bugs using the ticket tracker.
- IRC: I'm usually hanging out in #PurpleIRC on irc.esper.net. If I'm awake you can chat with me there.
- PM: Feel free to send me private messages here.
I have one bot active and often have to quickly act whenever someone spams /nick on IRC.
There's only one problem, the command you have to type are way too long (/irc nameofbot nameofchannel nameofuser).
Since i only have one bot i'm wondering if there's a way to make those long commands shorter so that i don't have to type the botname and channelname all the time.
I.e. !ban username (as there's only one bot and channel)
I know you can prefixed commands but i haven't yet found out if you can use them from in-game as well.
First off, great plugin! I'm loving using it. Is it possible though to mute the Server messages from other servers (i.e. the save spam, server specific messages) of different servers? Server A says "blah blah blah" but I don't want that to be seen on Server B, etc.?
Thanks ! latest builds fix my issue !
Please try http://h.cnaude.org:8081/job/PurpleIRC-spigot/53/
That's good to know. This gives something to test and hopefully be able to replicate.
Edit: I have an idea that may help... I'll kick off another build soon.
What error are you getting with 1.8.3? I see in your previous error output you were using 1.7.9.
@cnaude Well, I'm not able to use the Jenkins build, as I am on Spigot 1.8.3. The issue remains with the latest version of the build on the SpigotMC website.
I have found the plugins that cause issue with latest build of purple irc : spacemodule (plugin used to work with the spacebukkit panel). Unfortunately i don't see what the plugin break exactly, but your plugin worked fine before latest build with spacebukkit
spacemodule version used (yes it's old but still work): http://apricot.drdanick.com/jenkins/job/SpaceModule/81/artifact/target/spacemodule-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
with spacemodule enabled (message not displayed)(online/offline mode tested) :
with spacemodule disabled (IRC message displayed) (online and offline mode tested):
Please try build 51. I've included extra debugging to see exactly where it's failing.
Ohhh offline mode... Okay that changes things. I'll have to test that. I'll let you know.
thanks, but last build (50) doesn't fix my issue :
version of Vault : 1.5.3-b37
the plugin is running in offline mode, some plugin that can interfer :
all the plugins : ChunkFixer, MadDash, Trading, bPermissions, WorldEdit, xAntiHacks, AnvilRepairs, InfernalMobs, NicePM, PlayerHeads, RefundManager, LWCTweaks, Gringotts, Prism, WorldGuard, dynmap, BuildVsBreak, ReminePlugin, ActionAnnouncer, SpaceBukkit, EggCatcher, ProtocolLib, HolographicDisplays, Catacombs, LootPlus, WorldBorder, SkinsRestorer, Vault, ColoredGroups, NCore, LWC, TreeAssist, PvPManager, TouchscreenHolograms, PurpleIRC, NTheEndAgain, Horses, SkinsChanger, MarriageMaster, ChestShop, SimpleClans, CommunityBridge, PreciousStones, AuthMe
Please try http://h.cnaude.org:8081/job/PurpleIRC-spigot/50/
This debug output helps a lot. I'll get a new build out very soon. What version of Vault are you using?
like ejupa (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/purpleirc/?comment=392) i have the same issue on latest spigot builds, if player is not ingame message from irc does not display in chat :
- i have try to reset all config to regenerate new one : same result
debug : when message is not diplayed i have this :
Please try latest dev build from jenkins.
What version of Jobs are you running?
However, the plugin receives chat from the IRC server just fine without any errors. I do apologize if I have missed previous reports of this issue.
I'm running Factions 2.6.0 if that has anything to do with this. The very same version of the plugin runs just fine on my Towny server.
Fixed in latest dev builds. Thanks for that!