Ever wanted to apply a potion that you can’t brew? Forgot a brewing recipe? Not a problem! With PotionCommands, just type a command, and apply almost any potion effect to anyone!
Important notice regarding issues, feature requests
Please submit bugs, feature requests etc to this page:
/potion [user] <effect> [duration] [amplifier]: Applies potion effect to player.
- <user>: Choose who to apply the effect to
- <effect>: Choose from one of the potion effects below
- [duration]: Choose how long the effect will last (in ticks). If you don’t specify a value, it will use the config file values (also in ticks)
- [amplifier]: Allows you to adjust the strength of each effect, both positive and negative (e.g. negative fastdig = slowdig)
/potion effects: Lists all potion effects.
- Requires PotionCommands.effects
/rpotion <effect> <user>: Removes effect from specified user.
- Very little error checking yet, you must supply the user (it won't yet use the command sender)
- Requires PotionCommands.remove — need to add per-effect permissions to this one
/particle <player> <hexcolor> <duration ticks (seconds / 20)>: Adds particle effects to player without adding a potion effect.
- Advanced users only
- Example — /particle lol768 #ffff00 100 (applies yellow bubbles to player lol768 for 5 seconds
- Requires PotionCommands.particle
|Potion Effect||Acceptable Names||Permission Node|
|Confusion||Confusion, confuse, nausea||PotionCommands.effect.confusion|
|Damage Resistance||Dmgresist, dr||PotionCommands.effect.damageresistance|
|Haste||Haste, fastdig, digspeed, dig||PotionCommands.effect.haste|
|Fire Resistance||Fireresistance, fr||PotionCommands.effect.fireresistance|
|Jump Boost||Jumpboost, highjump, jump||PotionCommands.effect.jumpboost|
|Swiftness||Swiftness, swift, speed||PotionCommands.effect.swiftness|
|Increase Damage||Strength, strong||PotionCommands.effect.strength|
|Water Breathing||Waterbreathing, breathing, wb||PotionCommands.effect.waterbreathing|
These are cool “effects” that I found while experimenting.
|Other Effect||Acceptable Names||Permission Node|
Note on permissions: Users MUST have PotionCommands.use to be able to use ANY of the effects. You must give them PotionCommands.use in addition to the per-effect nodes.
- Add a maximum duration to avoid errors
Add per-effect permissionsCompleted as of v1.1
- Please note that durations aren’t perfect. You may be limited by the maximum amount of time that the game allows you to have the potion effect
- Harming and healing: These are currently instant kill and full heal, respectively, due to the input of seconds, not ticks. I am trying to fix this.
- Please report any and all bugs you may find!*
Special thanks to [email protected] for creating the logo and banner!
Source and dev builds
Source code is available here: https://github.com/np98765/PotionCommands/