Portal Stones Plugin
Portal Stones introduces a new item, Portalstone.
Portalstone can be used to bind regular nether portals to a portal stone. Once the Portalstone has been bound to two or more portals you can use the stone to fuse the portals together into a portal path way. Once fused, the portal path ways may be traversed by any entity that would normally be able to traverse a nether portal.
Use Portalstone as a quick, fun, and easy admin tool to set up portal ways that will easily get players around your server.
Use Portalstone to set up portal ways for quick navigation around your structures without the need for commands and tools that require manual block selection.
Use Portalstone to set up portal ways from friends houses to yours, no more /teleport me where ever if I am allowed commands.
Use Poralstone to create circular portal ways by using one stone, or use multiple stones to form multi path ways that link one path way into another.
Use Portalstone for creating even more elaborate factories by sending items through the portal ways.
Configure whether Portalstone will drop occasionally while mining Redstone ore.
Configure the drop chance to what ever you like.
Configure whether Portalstone is craftable using a recipe you create in-game.
Configure whether throwing Redstone into a nether portal will bounce Portalstone back out.
Limitless portal path ways may be created to use on your server.
Automatically saves when your world(s) do(es) keeping portal path ways in sync with world data.
With Portal Stones, the possibilities are endless!
** This plugin uses auto updates. You choose whether you want to use them or not by changing the value of "Auto updates enabled:" in the plugin's config.yml. **
*If your server is running a plugin similar to multiverse (other than multiverse) you must add a soft-dependency to that plugin to PortalStones.
To do this:
Rename your PortalStones.jar to PortalStones.jar.zip
Open the zip file.
Open the plugin.yml from within the zip file to edit it.
Add in a soft-dependancy like this:
softdepend: [Place Other Plugin Name Here]
Rename the .zip back to .jar
Start the server.
Courtesy of https://serverminer.com
Q: I am reloading the server but my configuration changes are not being loaded. How come?
A: You have most likely been editing "defaultConfig.yml". The "defaultConfig.yml" is just there for reference you want to be editing "config.yml"
Q: How do I remove a portal way?
A: Simply break the obsidian using a Diamond Pickaxe and the portal way is automatically removed.
Q: What about permission?
A: Portal Stones does not have any permissions of its own. It can easily be used in conjunction with already existing permissions however. For example:
Players cannot remove another players portal unless they have permission to destroy the obsidian block it is made out of.
Players cannot use other players portals if they do not have permission to open a door to the room a portal is inside of.
Q: What about other languages?
A: We currently have Item Localization for English, German and French.
We are hoping to add other localization in the future.
German Translation provided by: CloudeLecaw
Bug Fixes / Changes
- Fixed an issue where custom recipes would not properly save/load on some server versions
- Fixed an issue where warnings would sometimes appear when certain Mobs picked up items/portalstones.
- Fixed an issued where warnings would appear when completing a portal path way on Paper servers.
- Added the ability to change the crafting recipe using the "portalstones recipe" command
- Fixed an issue where Portalstone created from a Nether Portal would sometimes not bounce, and teleport instead.
- Fixed item description so that the text is now white instead of default lore purple.
- Modified some of the French language translation.
- Memory optimization.
- Complete overhaul of the plugin and it's systems.
- Commands have been added with tab complete:
- portalstones on
- portalstones off
- portalstones reload
- Search algorithm now has index results increasing speed and performance.
- Data files are now compressed in GZip format decreasing data size and producing faster load/save times.
- Portalstones now make use of the PersistentData API enhancing performance.
- The random number generator has been updated enhancing drop chance accuracy.
- Projectiles and items (like arrows) can now be passed through a portal and come out as they were on the other side (flying through the air).
- *Portalstones is now officially compatible with MultiVerse and MultiVerse like plugins (even worlds without nether).
- Various other performance tweaks and enhancements.
- Much much more...
- Portals are now removed from a path way when being destroyed by explosions (TNT/Creepers).
- Fixed an issue where throwing stacks of Portalstone into nether portals would return an incorrect amount back.
- Fixed an issue where partially complete portal ways could be completed using another partially complete portal way.
- Fixed an issue where destroying a partially complete portal way would destroy every other partially complete portal way on the server.
- Fixed an issue when breaking certain portal way configurations self-linking portals were created.
- Fixed an issue where console output would state which item a player had equipped when destroying redstone ore.
- The known issue from Version 1.4 of random blue text on Portalstones seems to no longer be an issue.
- Added option to turn auto updates on and off.
- Conformed the update service to dev.bukkit.org project guidelines.
- Added support for servers running 1.13.x.
- Added plugin auto update feature.
- Changed default drop chance to 1 in 64 from 1 in 16
- Portal stones now only drop when mined using an iron or diamond pick axe (coincides with vanilla redstone mining).
- Portal stones no longer drop when destroying blocks in creative mode.
- Changed the particles that are displayed when throwing portal stones into nether portals.
- The portal stone's item text sometimes contains "Redstone" written in blue (original item it was created from). There are no known steps to recrate the issue. It will not be fixed until we can determine exactly how it happens.
- Fixed an issue with configuration files not being properly loaded.
- Removed support of plugin managers. The default bukkit/spigot "/reload" command is supported.
- Added Localization for English, German, and French.
- Added support for plugin managers that do not properly disable plugins and / or properly remove item recipes for those plugins.
- When using a portal way created by a Portalstone, non-player living entities, such as cows, have their portal cool-down set to 1 second, as opposed to the Minecraft default of 300 ticks.
- Code optimizations added for the Plugin's search algorithm.
- Really determined AI will occasionally manage to teleport from the Nether world to a portal created using a Portalstone, even though this is not allowed.
- Players must stay within 1 block of the portal for the duration of the teleportation process for teleportation to be successful.
Spiggot Page: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/portal-stones.51806/
Looking for a server that supports this plugin?
Check out https://serverminer.com
Questions, comments, and feature requests are welcome.