MOC Playtime Tracker
The Minds of Chimera (MOC) Playtime Tracker tracks time players have been online (total time as well as last time on), as well as useful stats of their activity, in a MySQL or SQLite db. Gives top X reports as well (like top 5 players in time spent playing).
NOTE: Other plugins do this but they either are discontinued, buggy or use flat files. They've done a great job but didn't fit our needs so Playtime Tracker was created to fill our, and hopefully some other people's needs.
Part of the Minds of Chimera Project (dev)
MOCPlaytimeTracker | MOCDBLib | RegenBlock | MOCGoodEats | MOC3DImporter | MOCKiosk | MOCChemistry
See development versions in action on our server: isue-server.eecs.ucf.edu
- Log time players have been online.
- Report time online as a sum or as the last time they were on.
- Log player activities such as killing mobs and players, placing/destroying blocks, movement, etc.
- Report different player activities.
- Report top X charts of player activities and time online.
- Store data in a database: SQLite or MySQL.
- Uses a caching system to minimize database read/writes and avoid server blocking (darn single threads).
As of version 0.3, it logs player events per world. Here is what the output of: "/playtimetracker user cwingrav world" displays, where the user is "cwingrav" and the world name is "world".
It also lists the top performers in a category.
/playtime - Prints amount of time you have played.
/playtime sum - Prints amount of time you have played.
/playtime sum [player] - Prints stats about time spent playing.
/playtime sumall - Prints stats about time spent playing for all players ever logged in.
/playtime laston - Lists last login times of self.
/playtime laston [player] - Lists last login times of the given player.
/playtime lastonall - Lists last login times of all players.
/playtime full - for the player, list their sum and laston
/playtime full [player] - for the given player, list their sum and laston
/playtime stats (player) (world) - prints user states about their activities in the world
/playtime debugon - spews debugging information
/playtime debugoff - stops spewing debugging information
/playtime recountall - forces the database to recount all player entries. Use if something is screwed up for 'sum'.
/playtime help|? - lists help
/playtime top [criteria] [# to print] [world] - Prints the top 5 in the categories this is tracking. Default is top 5 online time.
[criteria] currently include: online, place, destroy, die, moved, pk, hk, fk
pk=player kills, hk=hostile kills, fk=friendly kills (like cows, pigs, etc).
- description: Access to debug and clear the log.
- default: op
- description: Gives access to discover the amount of time the player is online.
- default: true
- description: Gives access to discover the amount of time a player is online or last on.
- default: false
- description: Gives access to discover the amount of time all players are online or last on.
- description: Lets people list the top X for a given value.
Installation (and Configuration):
- add the PlaytimeTracker.jar file to your plugins directory.
- add the MOCDBLib.jar file to your plugins directory.
- follow the configuration instructions below if you connect to a MySQL database.
- create the plugins/PlaytimeTracker/DBLib.properties file (running the server once will create this)
- configure these options for your setup. This uses MOCDBLib for this so see its page for further details.
MySQL=false host=localhost database=playtimetracker username=root password=pass port=3306
- A common error is to skip the installation of the MOCDBLib.jar plugin.
- Check the server.log file for a list of errors. I try to be descriptive if it fails.
- When reporting a bug, please list a lot message error and information about your database configuration (i.e. MySQL or SQLite).
- /playtime recountall - This is useful if something gets mixed up with the online time counting.
- I'll do my best to help. Cheers.
- Properties file for setting the names of the databases this is using. This will allow multiple servers to run off the same MySQL server.
- /afk support (interesting, might do but I will have to make a lot of changes to support this and to make sure it doesn't impact the server)
- Log sumall to the server file.
- Track per-world time online. so, /playtime <player> [world]