A plugin that will let you show player's name in the MOTD and/or randomize public motds of your server. You can also use motd to only one player.
This plugin will show a players name to themselves in the MOTD of your server (that's the message shown in the server list!)
It uses mySQL or yml (your choice) to save a players IP. Once the player has logged in at least once to save the IP, it will begin showing them a custom MOTD you define in the conifg, where %name% is replaced with the player's name! You can also set special MOTDs for just one player so that only they see it.
- Easy config
- YML or mySQL support
- Custom MOTDs where %name% is replaced with a players name
- Can set a special MOTD on a player-by-player basis
- This plugin was tested on my server play.modnations.net and CookieSlap.net for over a month with an average of 50 players online, thought sometimes as many as 125 players. No issues were caused via this plugin.
- Colored MOTDs via using "&" - see colors here.
- mySQL settings ask the basics
- Set Main.SQL.Enabled to true if you want to use MySQL. (Database.)
- If mySQL connection fails, it will use YML
- Motds.MOTD? - Use %name% where you want the player's name to be
- Motds.Count - Change this to as many motds you want it randomize through.
- Custom MOTDs: - If a player is entered here, only they will see this motd.
- Want colors? Use the color tags in the message.
- Is the UpdateChecks annyoing? Turn them off in the config.
Use these codes to add colors into the MOTD. Simply use the & symbol followed by the number or letter.
Example: '&9Welcome to the server, &c%name%&9!' would show: Welcome to the server, TheNameofThePlayer!
&e <<- Yellow (&e)
&f <<- White (&f)
&l <<- Bold
Strike through line through the text.
&n <<- Underline
&o <<- Italic
&k <<- "Magic" text. (Random text.)
- '/personalmotd reload' - Reload the plugin's config file
|personalmotd.*||Access all permissions below.||false|
|personalmotd.reload||Access to '/personalmotd reload'||false|
|personalmotd.updatecheck||Display updatecheck message in chat when join if available, if it's enabled||false|
- Suggest things!
Like the plugin? Help me keep my programming hobby alive! Please consider donating!
Below, to addemod(as he is keeping the plugin up) or itsatacoshop(that created it from the beginning).