Paintball War Edition
Download latest.... Download latest
Want to help? Looking for documenters and translators!
Hey! I am looking for someone who would be willing to actively get involved in the project.
Currently that would probably mostly mean helping me with creating documentation for the upcoming new and rewritten paintball plugin, but if you have any ideas on how you can contribute to the project beyond that, let me know!
Also I am looking for people who would be willing to maintain a certain translation of the plugin's messages.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me via Private Message.
Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game.
In the classic TeamDeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Once a player is hit, he's out and automatically leaves the arena and has to wait in the paintball lobby for his mates to finish and the next match to start. In the Paintball lobby you will meet all paintball players, choose your team and wait for enough players, or the end of the last match. When all conditions are met, a countdown starts which announces the next match.
Some license stuff:
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
You can find a basic summary of it at the bottom of this page.
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. You don't have to dedicate a whole server or world to this plugin!
Paintball is constantly expanding. There are more and more features added which have not much to do with the classic paintball game. But do not panic: According to your personal preferences you can modify or disable most things in the config.yml in the Paintball folder.
- No client or server modifications or additional plugins are required !
- Multiple Arenas: Build as many arenas as you like !
- Complete freedom on what your arena looks like! As Paintball does not care about your arenas borders, your arena can have any shape and layout, as long as it is impenetrable. Simple build some sort of wall around your arena to keep your players inside.
- Multiple Spawns: Paintball lets you define multiple spawn points for each team (red, blue, spectators) !
- Automatic-Lobby-Arena-System: The Paintball lobby will automatically rotate through all your ready arenas. No need for administrators to be online !
Limitation: Currently there can always only run one match at a time.
- Easy: No complex setup needed ! Only 4 commands and your arena is ready and added to the automatic arena rotation !
- Mechanism to strictly seperate Survival and Paintball and to prevent "cheating" in and with Paintball.
- Easy and individually adjustable small Shop, where you can buy ammunition or other special and unique "weapons", gadgets and power-ups with the Paintball-Cash earned during the matches.
- Ranking: Your players gain points to compete with each other !
- Various statistics: examples are Points, Cash, Kills, Deaths, Hits, Shots, KD, Accurancy, Teamattacks, Wins and Defeats for each player, each arena and as a whole.
- Toggleable Killfeed ! Turn it off if it spams you !
- Most stuff is configurable ! For advanced information click here.
- Much, much more!
Easy integration on every survival server!
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. Players shall not be able to swindle items or gain other advantages over survival players through Paintball.
Here you got some sort of overview what actions are taken to protect the survival-part of the server:
People with the 'paintball.admin' permissions node can bypass some of them.
- Prevent commands that are not related to Paintball. So player can't teleport or use commands as a benefit.
- Prevent breaking and placing of blocks.
- Prevent dropping and picking up items, or dropping the armor.
- Options to let players only join with full health or hunger so they can't escape during fights.
- Options to save the players inventory when joining the lobby and restore afterwards.
- Paintball inventory is cleared when leaving the lobby.
- Turned off damage and starvation inside the lobby.
- Many things can be disabled if they create problems with your other plugins.
- Explosions do no damage to blocks.
- Only Paintball players receive the Paintball messages. Your other players will not get spammed.
Videos on Youtube!
A french plugin description and video can be found here:
Hint about version checking and stats collecting:
This plugin is checking dev.bukkit.org for new updates. This can be disabled in the config with the setting "Server.Version Check".
This plugin is also doing some periodically stats tracking to mcstats.org which helps me to determine how many servers are using it. This can be disabled with the setting "Server.Metrics".
And the plugin is also sending some stats to blablubbabc.de to maybe prepare for some kind of later serverlist (a list of paintball servers). Currently those data are only stored in a non-public mysql table on my server.
- This means that this plugin is sending some general information about the minecraftserver, like: ip-adress, port, servername, slots, motd, bukkit version, if server is in onlinemode and if it has whitelist enabled.
- And some information about paintball like: how many players already played paintball there and if it is an paintball-only server (autolobby enabled) and if the server admin wants the server to be listed at some kind of public server list later, when it is finished.
→Those data are currently only send once every reload.
→ For people who don't want to share these informations with me :( → you can en- and disable this in the serverlist config (plugins/Paintball/serverlist.yml) with the setting "post enabled"
For bug reports or fixes for common problems take a look at the Issues page.
Don't spam with your error here !
For a list of ideas and suggestions take a look at the Ideas page!
Feel free to leave a message here!
(How you like it, what you like most, what you like in no way. I'm interested in your opinion!)
A big "thank you" to everybody who is keeping my motivation up through donations!
If you like this plugin, don't spare the effort to any amount that you consider reasonable and/or leave a positive comment!
Usage conditions / License
Paintball Server Plugin for Minecraft
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
Those may be updated from time to time. In summary:
- Usage of this software is on own risk. I give no warranty in any kind that this software is working as intended.
- Modifications for personal use are mostly allowed. See the license for limitations on that. (Also note that the source code isn't publically available just yet. So actual modifications might be rather tricky currently.)
- Do not redistribute or publicly upload the plugin, with or without modifications. People are supposed to always download it for themselves from this page.
- Do not use for commercial purposes! This also applies to add-ons (other plugins or services for example) which are related or used in relation to this plugin! Examples: Don't sell any in-game currency that can be used related to paintball. Don't sell access, or prioritize paying players when joining paintball or the server running paintball. Make sure that your "donors" don't get any benefits such as abilities that can be used within the matches, or otherwise in relation with paintball.
Thank you for respecting these conditions!
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me.
Just Got 1.0.6 Love It! Thank You So Much For Listening To Our Ideas And Doing A Good Job! Keep Up The Good Work
I did a quick tutorial/review of this plugin here:
You can put it above if you want to help someone out^^
Sorry about the ads, but I have server bills to pay:)
finally uploaded and less testet as planned.. :/
But added decimals to the KD and the hitquote instead :P
how long lol i cant wait its going to be a GREAT update :)
ok cool thanks for the help ;) I'm really going to follow this post for updates :)
The size-category was just an idea some time ago, for maybe pick the arena according to the number of players which want play. But right now, there is only the feature to set the "size" but it's not used aynwhere :P
Öhm, the world in which the arena is allocated need to have pvp enabled. Paintball deactivates damage by itself, so noone can punch each other in the lobby. But to be able to detect the hits, pvp needs to be enabled in the server /world setting (if you are using multiverse).
Hey thanks for replying fast but I need some info for in the future what does /pb arena <arena> size <number> do or is their gonna be no use for it? also is it pvp protected to where no one can punch kill? or what? sorry for all the questions :P
but all in all its a great plugin and I'm very intrested in doing a "How to use and install" if I get this working right :)
1.0.6 is finished. I will do some more testing now, and will upload it later.
I will do translations sometime. But I am not sure if this will already be with 1.0.7 .. hmm
Sure. I will post the main-changes to the changelog ;)
could you tell us the new features :)
bla come to us on relax when you release 1.0.6 ;)
we will how its working too
and if I can please you to add easy translations to 1.0.7 ? ;D
maybe you can do something like multi lang and players can chose what lang they want to ?
I release it today, still have to add one feature ;)
Hmm, I will look into this. It's not very much tested, as this "size-category" isn't yet used :P
Öhm, does your world /server have the setting pvp=true? Without pvp, it will not detect the balls.
When I try the command /pb arena <arena> size <number> it says "Invalid number" but here is what I actually type in /pb arena arena size 50 the name of my arena is Arena but when I try to make the size it says "Invalid number" is that a bug or something or am I doing it wrong... Please help
Also when i try to play with friends they dont get shot/killed??? Is this a bug to?
It should already be fixed :/ So if the bug occurs the next time and you aer using 1.0.5 ore above, please create a ticket with a detailed bug report (error log etc)
the "/pb list"-idea or something similr th that: sounds good :)
It is the name of the arena. You can't acces the spawns each by each. You only can acces the arena and then add a spawn for a certain team or remove all spawnsof a team.
I have a question , when i typ /pb 1 blue , does that "1" means the name of the arena or spawn ?
After getting it working, I come with a suggestion :D
How about /pb list. It will show you who is left in the game.
Oh and is the bug where if all the players on one team are out but the game continues going to be fixed any time soon?
No, right now all damage is blocked. Also there is a bug, then people die, the match still goes on (fix in 1.0.6 which I will upload hopeflly tomorrow evening).
But maybe I think about this.