Paintball War Edition
Download latest.... Download latest
Want to help? Looking for documenters and translators!
Hey! I am looking for someone who would be willing to actively get involved in the project.
Currently that would probably mostly mean helping me with creating documentation for the upcoming new and rewritten paintball plugin, but if you have any ideas on how you can contribute to the project beyond that, let me know!
Also I am looking for people who would be willing to maintain a certain translation of the plugin's messages.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me via Private Message.
Paintball is a fast paced and action packed multiplayer game.
In the classic TeamDeathMatch mode 2 teams compete against each other to bombard each other with snowballs. Once a player is hit, he's out and automatically leaves the arena and has to wait in the paintball lobby for his mates to finish and the next match to start. In the Paintball lobby you will meet all paintball players, choose your team and wait for enough players, or the end of the last match. When all conditions are met, a countdown starts which announces the next match.
Some license stuff:
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
You can find a basic summary of it at the bottom of this page.
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. You don't have to dedicate a whole server or world to this plugin!
Paintball is constantly expanding. There are more and more features added which have not much to do with the classic paintball game. But do not panic: According to your personal preferences you can modify or disable most things in the config.yml in the Paintball folder.
- No client or server modifications or additional plugins are required !
- Multiple Arenas: Build as many arenas as you like !
- Complete freedom on what your arena looks like! As Paintball does not care about your arenas borders, your arena can have any shape and layout, as long as it is impenetrable. Simple build some sort of wall around your arena to keep your players inside.
- Multiple Spawns: Paintball lets you define multiple spawn points for each team (red, blue, spectators) !
- Automatic-Lobby-Arena-System: The Paintball lobby will automatically rotate through all your ready arenas. No need for administrators to be online !
Limitation: Currently there can always only run one match at a time.
- Easy: No complex setup needed ! Only 4 commands and your arena is ready and added to the automatic arena rotation !
- Mechanism to strictly seperate Survival and Paintball and to prevent "cheating" in and with Paintball.
- Easy and individually adjustable small Shop, where you can buy ammunition or other special and unique "weapons", gadgets and power-ups with the Paintball-Cash earned during the matches.
- Ranking: Your players gain points to compete with each other !
- Various statistics: examples are Points, Cash, Kills, Deaths, Hits, Shots, KD, Accurancy, Teamattacks, Wins and Defeats for each player, each arena and as a whole.
- Toggleable Killfeed ! Turn it off if it spams you !
- Most stuff is configurable ! For advanced information click here.
- Much, much more!
Easy integration on every survival server!
Our main target is to keep this plugin easily integratable on any standard survival server without disturbing the survival feeling. Players shall not be able to swindle items or gain other advantages over survival players through Paintball.
Here you got some sort of overview what actions are taken to protect the survival-part of the server:
People with the 'paintball.admin' permissions node can bypass some of them.
- Prevent commands that are not related to Paintball. So player can't teleport or use commands as a benefit.
- Prevent breaking and placing of blocks.
- Prevent dropping and picking up items, or dropping the armor.
- Options to let players only join with full health or hunger so they can't escape during fights.
- Options to save the players inventory when joining the lobby and restore afterwards.
- Paintball inventory is cleared when leaving the lobby.
- Turned off damage and starvation inside the lobby.
- Many things can be disabled if they create problems with your other plugins.
- Explosions do no damage to blocks.
- Only Paintball players receive the Paintball messages. Your other players will not get spammed.
Videos on Youtube!
A french plugin description and video can be found here:
Hint about version checking and stats collecting:
This plugin is checking dev.bukkit.org for new updates. This can be disabled in the config with the setting "Server.Version Check".
This plugin is also doing some periodically stats tracking to mcstats.org which helps me to determine how many servers are using it. This can be disabled with the setting "Server.Metrics".
And the plugin is also sending some stats to blablubbabc.de to maybe prepare for some kind of later serverlist (a list of paintball servers). Currently those data are only stored in a non-public mysql table on my server.
- This means that this plugin is sending some general information about the minecraftserver, like: ip-adress, port, servername, slots, motd, bukkit version, if server is in onlinemode and if it has whitelist enabled.
- And some information about paintball like: how many players already played paintball there and if it is an paintball-only server (autolobby enabled) and if the server admin wants the server to be listed at some kind of public server list later, when it is finished.
→Those data are currently only send once every reload.
→ For people who don't want to share these informations with me :( → you can en- and disable this in the serverlist config (plugins/Paintball/serverlist.yml) with the setting "post enabled"
For bug reports or fixes for common problems take a look at the Issues page.
Don't spam with your error here !
For a list of ideas and suggestions take a look at the Ideas page!
Feel free to leave a message here!
(How you like it, what you like most, what you like in no way. I'm interested in your opinion!)
A big "thank you" to everybody who is keeping my motivation up through donations!
If you like this plugin, don't spare the effort to any amount that you consider reasonable and/or leave a positive comment!
Usage conditions / License
Paintball Server Plugin for Minecraft
You can find the full license terms here: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/paintball_pure_war/license
Those may be updated from time to time. In summary:
- Usage of this software is on own risk. I give no warranty in any kind that this software is working as intended.
- Modifications for personal use are mostly allowed. See the license for limitations on that. (Also note that the source code isn't publically available just yet. So actual modifications might be rather tricky currently.)
- Do not redistribute or publicly upload the plugin, with or without modifications. People are supposed to always download it for themselves from this page.
- Do not use for commercial purposes! This also applies to add-ons (other plugins or services for example) which are related or used in relation to this plugin! Examples: Don't sell any in-game currency that can be used related to paintball. Don't sell access, or prioritize paying players when joining paintball or the server running paintball. Make sure that your "donors" don't get any benefits such as abilities that can be used within the matches, or otherwise in relation with paintball.
Thank you for respecting these conditions!
If you have any questions on this feel free to contact me.
Wenn dass wieder auftritt, versuche jede kleinigkeit festzustellen, und mir zu berichten, damit ich herrausfinden kann, warum es zu dem fehler kam..
noch was: wenn ich alles auf random einstelle wärs super wenn man nicht immer /pb random eingeben muss, also das /pb lobby alleine reicht
bei mir konnte heute komischerweise keiner das spiel beitreten, weil die arena nicht "ready" war (es lief ein spiel, aber es waren keine players dort). also einen command wie /pb admin stop game <arenaname> oder so... ging erst wieder nach /pb admin reload gemacht habe
edit: naja eher keine permission dafür, weil spieler sollten ja schon noch /pay, /msg etc machen dürfen...da kann ich denen nicht einfach die perm geben, da sie ja sonst /home und /spawn auch könnten
das mit der command-liste ist ne gute idee.
Oder ne permissions-node, so wie die paintball.admin-node, nur mit der kann man dann nur das-command-geblocke bypassen..
translations mach ich gerade..
I think, console should be able to use certain commands now woth v. 1.0.6 ..
But anyway: commercial use is forbidden.
pls make special commands configurable in config :D so my staff can make /time day and /broadcast for example
und ne deutsche version wär ja nicht schlecht, ihr/du seid/bist ja auch deutsche/r :D
Btw make it possible to give cash via the console.. :)
So i can use it for buycraft. .:P
I made the ticket.. ;)
Yeah, I didn't thought about not using perms :P
Next release will have a "no permissions" mode.
But next release will take some time...
well there's a bunch of people on my server complaining that they can't play because they aren't op and i don't have permissions set up onto my server. if all the players on my server could play without needing op it would be awesome :3
Right now I am very buisy with the code-changings for making translations possible, so it could take a while (2-3 more days ) until I will be able to look into these (and other) bugs ;)
Hey mate.. :D So now i found some bugs.. :)
1.Sometimes but only sometimes the airstrike doesnt work...
2. Make it possible to use minecarts,(me and my friend made and awsome arena with minecarts) but somehow if you get killed in one, game bug bad..
3. Sry to say, but as you hoped.. spectator doesnt work.. :'/ u just get throwed in lobby
Then try to find out when it gets stuck and report it as a bug then, so I can look into the main problem. :/
Giving them rights they wouldn't need normally is not a solution.
If you have done it correctly, it would work. Permissions work fine on my test-server.
Do they get the "no permission" message? if yes, your permissions are wrong and plugin works fine.
As I said, sometime permission-plugins make problems. You need to reload the permission-plugin. If this is not working try to shut down the server, change the permission-file and then start the server again...
Some permissions-plugins also have a command with which you can check, if a group or player does have a certain permissions-node..
@blablubbabc I have done the permissions correctly...
All other commands work, except any sub commands under /pb admin. They can do /pb admin to list their commands but they cannot do anything further than that.
Well I need moderators to reload it whenever it gets stuck, I cant remember what it says >.< but sometimes it gets stuck.
Very likely you did a mistake when giving them the permission. Reload the permisisons-plugin /server, then check again, if they have the permission.
Anyway, why should your moderators be able to reload the plugin? Normally you only need to reload the plugin, then you changed something in the config..
For some reason the paintball.admin permission isnt working, I give it to my moderators but they cannot use /pb admin reload. Any idea?
FAQ, maybe I should rename to "Tips" or "Hints" ..
is there a tutorial how to setup a arena correctly etc? thanks
WOW. Lots of ideas! Can't wait 4 them 2 b implemented:P
No it doesn't. Maybe you are looking in the wrong config.yml, maybe of an other plugin?
Very likely not, as this would need at least spout support or something. And as I don't use spout myself, I will very likely don't look into this. So this will stay a "Snowball-Hit-Detection-Game-Plugin" wihtout any visual "guns".
HELP! it says something in the config about gun texture and texture pack and gun sound, although the players dont spawn with a gun? is this a feature to be implemented or am i just being really dumb and not seeing an option to turn on the gun?
Awsome i cant wait for most of those ideas.. :D! but mostly the economy thingy..! :D