UploadedFeb 5, 2015
Supported Bukkit Versions
A new version with massive performance improvements is going to be uploaded later today. If you have to import lots of player statistics, it might be worth for you to wait for that new version. The new version can speed up player statistics importing up to 1800%! In other words: which takes 2,5h with this version will be done in 5 seconds with the new version.
__ (v1.3.0 for MC 1.8) __
This version is a quick attempt to make Paintball uuid-ready. Please read carefully.
In case you are updating from an older version of Paintball:
The first time you run this version it will immediately disable again, after generating a few new configuration settings in the Paintball config in the section 'UUID Conversion'.
Stop the server and verify that those settings have correct values set.
The setting 'UUID Conversion.Online Mode' is most important:
- Keep it at 'true', if your server runs in online mode.
- Set it to 'true', if your server runs in offline mode, BUT you are using spigot and an online-mode bungeecoord and have configured bungeecoord to forward online mode player uuids.
- Only set it to 'false', in case you are really running a 'real' offline mode server..
In case you have the plugin UUIDCollector installed, you can set 'Use UUIDCollector data' to 'true', if you want to use the uuid's collected via that plugin. Though you could also try it without first, and if uuid lookup is taking very, very long you can abort the process, do some cleanup (see below), and try again with that setting active.
Same goes for 'Use local player data': If this setting is active, it might speedup the uuid-lookp process, by searching through the local playerdata files first.
After you have verified that the settings are correct, you can restart the server.
Paintball will start importing the old data from 'pbdata_110.db' into a new database file 'pbdata_130.db'. This might take some time: during my tests with between 3000 and 8000 players it took about 1 second for 250 uuid lookups, and 1 second for importing and saving the statistics of 100 players. In case you have more players you might even run into the situation that the uuid lookup has to pause for some time, because of Paintball sending too many uuid-lookup-requests to the Mojang servers.
While this is running the server will be unresponsive, but you should get periodically status reports about the progress in the config.
When it is done:
- The old 'pbdata_110.db' file will be renamed to 'pbdata_110-backup.db'.
- Player names for which no statistics could be imported because no uuids were found (usually players with offline-mode / cracked minecraft clients) will be stored in the file 'unconvertedPlayers.yml'.
In case you abort the process, or want to run it again:
- Stop the server.
- Remove the 'pbdata_130.db' file: Merging old data into an already existing database file is currently not possible.
- Rename the 'pbdata_110-backup.db' file back to 'pbdata_110.db'.
- Restart the server to start the process again.
- No new features yet. I am still working on the rewrite for that.
- Depending on the amount of players your server has, the import of old paintball data might be very slow.
- If your players have already changed names, this version might not import the correct player statistics. Those players will loose their statistics. I am currently working on a fix for that.