UploadedApr 12, 2014
Supported Bukkit Versions
Notice: This is NOT Paintball. This is a separate plugin. You can find the latest Paintball version at the files overview page.
Information regarding name changing / the switch to uuids
Paintball currently uses player names for the saving of the player statistics. So after name-changing gets enabled and people change their names they will not keep their old statistics.
Paintball will definitely get updated at some point.
However, there are 2 reasons why I might not be able to bring out an update in time:
- I am currently quite buisy with university related stuff.
- Secondly, I am still working on a rewrite of paintball. I prefer working on that right now and will incorporate the uuid-related changes into the rewrite, instead of having to update the database related stuff twice.
However, as this is a complete rewrite, not yet finished, a lot more complex then the current version, and probably full of bugs in the beginning (as soon as it gets available), and because it still needs quite some things to be done to at least run: I might not be able to bring out that update before name-changing gets enabled.
So when this happens (I have no update and people start changing their names) all the old player statistics will 'break': I won't be able to find out for sure to which player the old statistics might belong to.
In order to prepare for this possible situation I have prepared a little plugin for you ('UUIDCollector') which will simply collect and store the uuids of all connecting players, so that if you want to import the old paintball player statistics data later, after some players already have changed their names, I can then find out to which player (which uuid) the playername from the database belonged to, before people started changing their names.
UUIDCollector (I will upload this here, on the paintball project)
This plugin stores the name<->uuid mapping for all connecting players into a file, which later can be used to find out which player owned which name before name-changing got enabled.
This plugin has no commands and no permissions. The uuid(s) for each playername get stored into the config file at '/plugins/UUIDCollector/config.yml'. Also don't wonder: the uuids of new, connecting players don't get written to file immediatly after login, but only in batches every 5 minutes and when the plugin/the server shuts down.
However, before you start collecting uuids, you should make sure that the collected uuids of your players are valid / are the ones the players will also have later:
- make sure that your server runs some of the latest minecraft versions (at least 1.7.x), because I currently have no idea which of the older versions already got the valid mojang uuids for players
- make sure that you have selected the correct online mode for your server, because uuids for offline and online mode servers don't match
- if you should switch your server's online mode but already started collecting uuids, please delete the uuid-collector-config file to make sure that all the uuids in there are consistent between all players (either online or offline mode uuids, not both mixed up)
- if your server runs in offline mode because of BungeeCoord then you might want to make sure that players have the correct uuids (I think spigot has some setting to pass uuids from the proxy to the server, but you will have to inform yourself on how to get that working ..)
- UUIDCollector will also store all uuids for a playername (which can be multiple after name changing has been enabled and players switch names), but later probably only uses the first uuid, of the first player which joined with that name
- so you might also want to let your players know that if they plan to change their name later, they should join at least once before name changing gets enabled in order to 'reserve' their old name for later player-data-conversion (so that not somebody else gets their old data/statistics assigned then)