UploadedAug 1, 2014
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.7.9-R0.2
Release for CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2 - 1.7.10 (+ 1.6.x + 1.5.x + 1.4.5-R1.0).
This build has not been adapted to work with changing names, issues could be inheriting fall distance or violation history. Ignoring it or activating data expiration could help until an update of NCP for UUIDs is available. You can use [uuid] in commands and log messages with this build, but there are no new preset entries. This should not be an issue before people are allowed to change names.
Release for MC 1.7.2 - 1.7.10, changes since last release:
- CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.10 support.
- Packet level checks, currently depending on ProtocolLib:
- Flying packet spam prevention (magnet/repell, healing).
- Sound distance (some sounds can reveal players whereabouts).
- "ncp top" command to search violation history for top violations.
- Other news or important changes.
- The moving.morepackets check has been rewritten (vehicles are left untouched for the moment).
- The speeding permission (survivalfly) now affects all horizontal speeds, including swimming and web.
- The "inspect" command now includes the game mode of the player.
- Add or start adding "log" and "reset" commands, stating some statistics for debugging purposes, e.g. silent cancelling.
- Renamed tempkick to denylogin, unkick to allowlogin, and kicklist to denylist (aliases should make it compatible).
- The most "dangerous" auxiliary (action-) commands can only be run from the console from now on.
- Prevent dead players from doing some things, e.g. interacting, eating. Not all inclusive, yet.
- (Old:) Add back a compatibility tweak for instant breaking of blocks, used by other plugins.
- MILK_BUCKET with fastconsume.
- Do make use of child permissions of nocheatplus.checks.blockplace.against.
- Prevent combined.bedleave kicking, if you reload NCP with a plugin manager.
- Fix kicking behavior on "illegal moves".
- Abort ray-tracing if there is no advance.
- Internal position resetting on moving set-backs.
- Ensure ActionFrequency resets with time running backwards. Affects many checks (relevance: rare to never for most servers).
- Prevent bypassing inventory.instantbow with invalidating interaction timing.
- Fix a test failure for building the plugin.
- Use the vanilla ban command for "ncp ban", warn on using uuids.
- Concentrate block-id use to few places.
- Make ConfigManager.getConfig(...) available from all threads (copy on write, pitfall: altering the config during runtime is problematic now).
- New generic registry for general purpose instances, providing "Counters" for counting things, displayed with the "ncp log counters" command.
- Minor cleanups (unused API, commands, renames, indentation/random).
For a more detailed change history see the build-info page:
The documentation will be brought back to shape with the NCPDocs project at GitHub, with time. You can file tickets on BukkitDev or GitHub, e.g. to indicate missing entries.
Note that jar files downloaded from anywhere else but BukkitDev are not approved by Bukkit-staff, use them at your own risk. Development builds for NoCheatPlus are found at the Jenkins on md-5.net exclusively.
Users of mcMMO, Citizens should consider using CompatNoCheatPlus as well to make most features compatible.
- In order to avoid false positives with the recently added ctrl-sprint feature we made checking more coarse, in that it assumes that the player is sprinting whenever technically possible. This can be disabled with setting checks.moving.assumesprint to false.
- There are rare cases with false positives (survivalfly + vacc) for fast falling players. This seems to be caused be moving events not firing, leading to a too big move in-between, occasionally even triggering the built in "moved too quickly" check (1.6.4 ~ 1.7.2).
- Fighting checks can be too sensitive under certain circumstances (e.g. fast clicking + both running, high latency).
- Some high level potion effects might pose problems (jump, speed).
- Players moved by pistons still create violations (mostly horizontal - unlikely to get fixed quickly, though realistic concepts exist).
- Speeding is still possible up to a certain percentage of the usual speed (unlikely to get fixed quickly).
Some issues can not be fixed in a simple way, the above list contains those we consider both confirmed and severe enough to mention. This list is only updated for the latest upload on BukkitDev.
For more issues see: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/tickets/