This is my first plugin but now i wrote a more simple, optimized, light, fast and easy plugin called World Portals. Give it a try, i am sure you will like it
Build portals to anywhere!
When distances becomes large and you have to walk a lot, Minecraft can turn sometimes boring.
New version 17, attention server admins
Thanks to the addition of new sea lanterns that looks good and are always lighted, there is no more need to try complicated lighted redstone lamps, this allowed to remove nms methods and version specific compilations... however to enjoy new "clean" portals you need to rebuild it... read "known caveats" section at v17 download page
MyPortals is a personal teleporting plugin that is intended to work similar to nether portals, in which you can build a portal like structure (configurable) and activate it with an item, then you can set a destination, privacy levels, and use it for fast travelling... if portal breaks it will deactivate.
portal structure shapes, materials, worlds that accepts portals, inter-worlds portals, and localization can be configured by the server admin.
Attention with changes in file format since version 8
Version 8 brings updates in config files, if you are updating from below version 8 please read the "update" title.
(OUTDATED, in portuguese) thanks to AbsintoJPl... since a bit old you can see MyPortals in action, note you don't need enter to configure portal just look at base with crosshair and has an updated shape, read this page to update info
- works most like nether portals
- portal shape customizable by server admin, default looks like
- easily selected by looking the central "base" block with your crosshair
- activate portal by placing "charge" item on the base (default=fire, like nether portals)
- deactivate portal by breaking structure (like nether portals)
- player that activate is the owner, also you can "give" it later
- commands to set portal name, destination, privacy and owner (give)
- 4 privacy levels: public, locked, hidden and private
- localization support, but currently only comes with english (any contribution? .. my english are not the best, i am chilean)
- rebuild portal in same location and preserve links (i.e.: for portal reorientation)
- java6 aware (new in version 4)
- configurable experience points for teleport cost (new in version 5)
- build the structure shape your server use, default shown in picture (no water!)
- place the "charge" item (default: fire, with flint and steel) over the base, then your portal will activate (default look shown in picture)
- look at portal base and name it with "/portal name myPortalName"
- look at portal base and set destination with "/portal dest myPreviousPortal"
- enter the portal and stand on the base for 4 seconds to teleport to its destination
- exit the portal before 4 seconds to cancel teleporting
- optionally look at base and set privacy levels, give your portal to someone, view/edit its properties or destroy
you can see some portal structure shape examples in "Images" tab.
Basic command reference
most commands have additional parameters, get more detailed help in game (alias "/p" since v17)
- /portal : displays you the first help page, you can see the next with /portal 2, /portal 3, etc.
- /portal list : displays a briefing of my own portals, or other player, or all
- /portal info : displays detailed information about the portal base you are looking
- /portal name portalName : gives the portal base you are looking the name of portalName
- /portal dest destPortal: sets the destination portal, you can specify the owner separated with a colon (otherPlayer:hisPortal)
- /portal (public, lock, hide, private) : sets the privacy level of your portal, see below
- /portal give otherPlayer : gives the portal you are looking to online player otherPlayer, the portal must be public and yours
- portal rebuild: console command that reads shape in config.yml and rebuild all worlds portals
- the owner of the portal : the owner can do anything he wish with his own portals, including get teleported and "give" it
- public : if you find a public portal and you are not the owner you also can do almost anything with it, except use the "give" command
- lock : same as above, you can use the portal except modify it with any command
- hide : same as above except the portal won't be listed with "list" and "info" commands
- private : same as above except the portal won't bring you teleported if you are not the owner, useful for placing on private places
Download latest version
you can download currently available releases on "Files" tab, but...
v12 is the most advanced and rich featured version until now, but sorry because it had a teleportation bug
i just uploaded version 14 compiled for cb 179, it brings same features from v12 but with fixed bugs and enhancements, READ FILE CHANGELOG.. please wait until it gets approved, then click on "Files" tab and see changelog in download page... but...
you may want to be informed about updates by subscribing in "Subsciptions" tab.
REQUIRES JAVA 7 OR HIGHER
to install just download MyPortals.jar file, place it on your plugins folder and execute a "reload" server command (or restart), the plugin will create plugin folder and default config files automatically.
different versions introduces different features and different config values, please read the last changelog at files page... to update, it depends on what version you have now, but the general process is...
- stop the bukkit service to avoid file modification/lock issues
- backup and delete (or move, or rename) your config files
- download and overwrite MyPortals.jar file
- start and stop so the plugin regenerate files
- migrate your configs from the backups to new files, by editing your files manually
- start the server
- on portal shape changes do "portal rebuild" console command
i try to activate my portal but it doesn't
- you are in a world where you can't activate portals, ask your admin
- the portal structure shape you built doesn't match with needed, ask your admin
- maybe some bug, tell me your Craftbukkit and MyPortals versions, config files and steps to reproduce
i enter on my portal, it plays the warp effect but nothing happens
- you don't have enough xp points to get teleported, kill some mob and try again
- the portal you are trying to teleport is private
- the source portal don't have a destination yet, give some with "/portal dest myDestPortal"
- some bug, send me your versions, config files and steps to reproduce
how do i deactivate a portal?
- just break it, like nether portals
when i install and load the plugin i get exceptions on console with the message "unsupported minor major version"
- update java to version 7+
when i list my portals it shows blank lines
- you have unnamed portals, give them a name at once or you could lose it. Most commands need the portals had a name
i am trying to use eclipse with github, i am learning this, is very confusing .. anyway the source code is here -> https://github.com/atesin/myportals
If you like this plugin and have some Java/Bukkit knowledge, i would like you help me implementing this features
- cancelling bucket water grabbing, maybe by finding a way to place "flowing water" or by cancelling bucket events
- prompt portal name automatically when player activate a portal
- customizable command/alias in config.yml
- mouse hover destination tooltip
- dynmap support
- portal particles effect
- some idea you like
this is my first plugin, i wished to learning java in a fun way, by writing a Bukkit plugin .. i inspired on TravelPortals, but with some changes in portal selection/teleport/privacy mechanics and a few additions .. if you want to migrate from TravelPortals you could read this page
as i am alone doing this plugin... the most easy, useful and fast way to help is to report me the bugs you encounter with a brief description and versions used.
another good way to help is to do translations and send it to me .. or if you have some suggestion please post your ideas here, all kind of help are welcome
- jacklink01 and his awesome "LampControl" plugin that teach me how to turn on portals
- cppchriscpp and his great "TravelPortals" plugin that woke me up the plugin development interest
- anyone that contributes in some way with this plugin, or other plugins, or bukkit itself, after all we are a community :)
Made in Chile
Producto orgullosamente chileno