Define your own custom /help pages using this plugin.
Configure help pages in the pages file.
Set up custom Messages in the config file.
Give players permissions to certain pages.
Here is a screenshot showing the server's console window on the bottom right side,
the pages.yml file on the bottom left side and the ingameview on the top.
You can see the command that is being executed. And what the configuration looks like.
- Make your own help commands that show custom text
- Permission node for all pages (
- Permission node per help page (
myhelppages.help-example-pagein small letters)
/help -reloadTo reload the config and page files
/help -list [list number]To list all pages you have permission for
- Some custom messages
- Able to use colors
- Able to use variable
%page%in all messages. Will be replaced with the page name.
How to install
- Download the latest version here.
- Place it in the
- Restart/reload the server.
- The default
pages.ymlfiles will be created in
Commands and Permissions
|Reload the config.yml & pages.yml file|
|List all pages you have permission for|
|Show a custom help page|
Keep the corresponding permission in small letters!
You can use colors in the text. For example: %red% means the following text will be red.
The colors are:
aqua, black, blue, darkaqua, darkblue, darkgray, darkgreen, darkpurple, darkred, gold, gray, green, lightpurple, red, white, yellow, magic
The name of the page can be a number or text, it doesn't matter.
|If you want the command...||the page name in would be...||and the permission would be|
You can specify some custom messages (config.yml):
- When the player does not have permission for the specified help page.
- When the player specified a non-existing help page.
- The first line of every help page.
You can use the variable
%page% anywhere. It will be replaced with the actual page name.
You have to be careful in the text, with characters like -, : and '. If you want to use them, surround the text with ' '.
Are you overwhelmed by all the dashes, semicolons and quotation marks?
Download this excel file, by jellewie. (Thanks!)
Type your text on one side, and copy the code from the other side.
And this is a useful tool, to see if your file has any errors!
- Version 1.5.1
- Tested with CB 1.5.1 Beta 0.1
- Version 1.4.2
- Tested with CB 1.4.5 r0.2
- Code cleanup
- ConnectCraft is now supporting this Plugin too!
- Version 1.4
- Tested with CB 1.3.1-R1.0
- Code cleanup
- Added /help ? (for command list)
- Version 1.2
- Tested with CB 1.1-R4
- Added support for chat color %magic%.
In fact, When there are new colors, the plugin should automatically support them
- Added support for longer page names,
like help-me-getting-started would be /help me getting started
- Allowing %page% variable in all text. Not just the ones in the messages section
- Version 1.1
- Fixed colors, use for example %red% instead of $c
- Version 1.0
- Colors not working properly
You might want to look here for a German Tutorial: