Core | Portals | NetherPortals | SignPortals | Inventories
Multiverse Core Resources:
Wiki | Source | Feature Request | Bug Report
NEW: We are no longer using SNAPSHOT builds. All releases will follow Semantic Versioning and will be published in full on GitHub. Once a particular version has been deemed stable, we will release it here. In the mean time, you are welcome to grab versions as they become available from the GitHub releases page.
These builds have not been approved by the CurseForge staff.
Use them at your own risk.
Multiverse was created at the dawn of Bukkit multiworld support. It has since then grown into a complete world management solution including special treatment of your nether worlds with Multiverse NetherPortals.
In the second delivery of Multiverse, we've broken it up into several smaller plugins that are each feature packed but not bloated! Multiverse provides the easiest to use world management solution for your Minecraft server, big or small, and with great addons like Portals and NetherPortals, what's not to love!
Multiverse is here and works for the latest server build! Is your server a Multiverse?
- Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
- Keep your skylands using a custom generator (MV 2.2+)
- Set the mode per world (creative, survival or adventure)
- Create Multiverse Portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations (Requires MV-Portals installed)
- Restrict users from going to specific worlds by using permissions
- Economy support!
- Show which users are in what worlds with /mv who
- Color your worlds when the appear in chat!
- Custom world aliases. (Leave your folder names alone! use an alias!)
- Restrict animal/monster spawning. Per animal/monster! (Why hello creeper world!)
- World scaling with NetherPortals
- Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
- Fantastic in-game help just use /mvh search
- Purge all those unwanted animals/monsters from your world!
- Perform all per-world modifications with in-game commands! (Stop getting those YAML errors!)
- Teleport to any of your worlds with a command or allow others to teleport their self or others (with customizable permissions)
- While teleporting or using portals, you can use any Multiverse Destination
- Wiki documentation!
Optional plugins to add more to Multiverse:
- Make custom portals to go to any destination!
- Restrict users from using specific portals using permissions.
- Charge users to use specific portals!
- Exempt users from portal fees.
- Launch users through the air when they enter a Multiverse Portal!
- Allow minecarts/boats through Multiverse Portals.
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-Portals.
- Have nether and end worlds per for any of your overworlds!
- Have custom nether and end portals in a world go to a specific world
- Custom World Scaling when using NetherPortals! (All types of worlds, normal, skylands and nether supported! Even custom generators!)
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-NetherPortals.
- Have separated players stats and inventories per world or per group of worlds.
- Choose what each group of worlds share: Inventories, Last location (in a world before teleporting), Hunger, Health, Exp, and Bed Spawns.
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-Inventories.
Is Multiverse missing that little something that you need?
Hop on our Discord and tell us that you'd like to fork us and add a feature! You can of course do this without consulting us, but we cannot accept pull requests that will break Multiverse for the rest of our users! Don't go write your own World Management plugin, join the team and submit a pull request.
Want your plugin to use the Multiverse API?
Before making a review:
Please do not use the review comments below as a way to seek help, report bugs or suggest features. Utilize the Multiverse wiki. A lot of documentation for each plugin is there. If you still need help:
I asked a question
I have a question...
I am wondering if its possible that in Multiverse, you have your world... but you have a portal to another world. In this other world only one person is allowed in that world instance, but many people can be connected to the same world, in a difference instance.
The reason being, I have a personal server, just for myself and family. I wanted to build a room called "The Challenge Room" for example. And you walk in there and there are portals with signs around them, telling the user what kind of challenge world the portal would take them to.
When they want to do a challenge, they walk into the portal and be transported to this other world.
Then I would like them to do the challenge. Once they complete the challenge, they go through the portal back to the original world... but if they go back in the portal again, the world was reset back to it's original state.
Remember only 1 person is allowed in their own individual instance in this challenge world, so lots of people can use the same world at the same time, but they would only see themselves and noone else. (unless you can specify how many people are allowed in an instance)
Is this possible at the moment?
If not maybe in the future you could make it possible?'''//
I ask that you completely ignore the question above and I'll make it shorter below, even I was confused with what I was saying :P
Question: Is it possible to create multiple instances of one world, and be able to define how many people can be inside these instances at any one time?
Post the following info in an issue on our GitHub page: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Submitting-a-Bug
Update to the RB 1240.
You may want to look into Multiverse-Adventure (a Multiverse plugin by 'main') Hop in our IRC, not sure it's totally public yet.
Maybe Multiverse-ScratchWorlds (Developed by a MV Core dev, 'lithium3141') could have this function one day. The repo is here. Not sure the state of the project. https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-ScratchWorlds
As a side note. We're still here, and still alive. All hell broke loose last night when an RB dropped and I'm traveling all this week :/ I appologize for any out of dateness, but for MV I strongly recommend everyone stays on 1240 until this friday (unless 2.1 stabilized before then).
You could always back up your world and restore it on a set date. Easiest way is to zip your base world, then delete the world folder and extract your archive when you want to revert changes.
Love it, But is there anyway I can make the map reset after a certain period of time? Perhaps another plugin? I'm trying to make a world reset weekly
Hey I was trying to install this plugin, i did as said in the wiki, but when i restart the server, it says in the log:
2011-10-11 02:55:19 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Multiverse-Core v2.0-b279 (Is it up to date?): PLAYER_CHANGED_WORLD java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_CHANGED_WORLD at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.registerEvents(MultiverseCore.java:207) at com.onarandombox.MultiverseCore.MultiverseCore.onEnable(MultiverseCore.java:112) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:920) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:173) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:156) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
Anyone knows how to fix this?
Everything was working perfectly up until very recently. All of a sudden, however, when I try to use any of the MultiVerse related commands absolutely nothing happens, not even an error message. I assume this is a conflict with another plugin but I hadn't installed any new ones between the period of it working and not. If anyone could help, that would be spiffy!
mv import "cool world" NORMAL
I belive you're looking for the Complete Command Reference
Turn worldnameprefix to false in your config.yml
i have a little problem with importing one of my old worlds because it has spaces in the name and if i type '/mv import cool world normal' it doesn't work so.. is there anyway to fix it?
renaming is no option because there are over 1000 of chest links that will be broken if i do
Are there any prefix plugins that are compatible with mv? We use various prefixes on our server and mv kills them :(
@fernferret wow thanks, that's relatively a small problem, don't worry about the slow response, it shows you care by even responding at all :) thanks, again.
No worries, and thanks. It seems somewhat counterintuitive that creative and non-creative worlds share inventories but I guess it makes sense to use MultiInv for this sort of issue.
Thx, but work it with 1240 ?
How to set a specified Time per worlds ? how to set specified weather per world ?
where are a COMPLETE list of ALL commands ? this command-list is confusing. all those commands are everywhere on the whole wiki, but i want to have ONE page with all commands.
Use MultiInv, gives players one inventory per world.
what must i do that when a player goes in a portal that his inventory save and when he come back he get his inventory back. Because when a player go in a creative world than he can cheat a lot of diamonds in the survial world !