Core | Portals | NetherPortals | SignPortals | Inventories
Multiverse Core Resources:
Wiki | Source | Feature Request | Bug Report
NEW: We are no longer using SNAPSHOT builds. All releases will follow Semantic Versioning and will be published in full on GitHub. Once a particular version has been deemed stable, we will release it here. In the mean time, you are welcome to grab versions as they become available from the GitHub releases page.
These builds have not been approved by the CurseForge staff.
Use them at your own risk.
Multiverse was created at the dawn of Bukkit multiworld support. It has since then grown into a complete world management solution including special treatment of your nether worlds with Multiverse NetherPortals.
In the second delivery of Multiverse, we've broken it up into several smaller plugins that are each feature packed but not bloated! Multiverse provides the easiest to use world management solution for your Minecraft server, big or small, and with great addons like Portals and NetherPortals, what's not to love!
Multiverse is here and works for the latest server build! Is your server a Multiverse?
- Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
- Keep your skylands using a custom generator (MV 2.2+)
- Set the mode per world (creative, survival or adventure)
- Create Multiverse Portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations (Requires MV-Portals installed)
- Restrict users from going to specific worlds by using permissions
- Economy support!
- Show which users are in what worlds with /mv who
- Color your worlds when the appear in chat!
- Custom world aliases. (Leave your folder names alone! use an alias!)
- Restrict animal/monster spawning. Per animal/monster! (Why hello creeper world!)
- World scaling with NetherPortals
- Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
- Fantastic in-game help just use /mvh search
- Purge all those unwanted animals/monsters from your world!
- Perform all per-world modifications with in-game commands! (Stop getting those YAML errors!)
- Teleport to any of your worlds with a command or allow others to teleport their self or others (with customizable permissions)
- While teleporting or using portals, you can use any Multiverse Destination
- Wiki documentation!
Optional plugins to add more to Multiverse:
- Make custom portals to go to any destination!
- Restrict users from using specific portals using permissions.
- Charge users to use specific portals!
- Exempt users from portal fees.
- Launch users through the air when they enter a Multiverse Portal!
- Allow minecarts/boats through Multiverse Portals.
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-Portals.
- Have nether and end worlds per for any of your overworlds!
- Have custom nether and end portals in a world go to a specific world
- Custom World Scaling when using NetherPortals! (All types of worlds, normal, skylands and nether supported! Even custom generators!)
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-NetherPortals.
- Have separated players stats and inventories per world or per group of worlds.
- Choose what each group of worlds share: Inventories, Last location (in a world before teleporting), Hunger, Health, Exp, and Bed Spawns.
- For more information, visit the wiki for Multiverse-Inventories.
Is Multiverse missing that little something that you need?
Hop on our Discord and tell us that you'd like to fork us and add a feature! You can of course do this without consulting us, but we cannot accept pull requests that will break Multiverse for the rest of our users! Don't go write your own World Management plugin, join the team and submit a pull request.
Want your plugin to use the Multiverse API?
Before making a review:
Please do not use the review comments below as a way to seek help, report bugs or suggest features. Utilize the Multiverse wiki. A lot of documentation for each plugin is there. If you still need help:
I'm definitely gonna install this plugin later, but I was wondering if there were more world customization options. You know, to make each world really different. Maybe things like low gravity, different colored sky, permanent night or day, rain or sun, random stuffs like that.
Just wondering if its possible... you know, in the future :)
I do have MultiInv Installed, that makes sense but it's not something I can get rid of unless I don't want to have a Freebuild World on my RPG server anymore.
Do you have MultiInv installed? Then thats probably the reason for the issue. MultiInv also saves the "death-state" of every player per world.
Likewise. Only hitting around 3 seconds for lag though.
This has happened to me a ton of times. The only known fix I know of is to delete the player file of the affected player in the world folder. When the affected user logs in again he will log in to your main world @ spawn and will not die everytime he ports or changes worlds.
At the moment my server is having issues with people going to other worlds and dying instantly. It currently only effects about 3 people, but it is very annoying. Out of the four worlds they can only travel between two of them. Even using God mode, creative mode, /mvtp, portals, tping to players and having players tp them the problem still happens. If anyone has any information on this issue i would be delighted to get some help. Thanks in Advance.
is the Beta version 304 (2.1) safe to use right now for the most part? I am using Bukkit 1339 - I dont see the beta link on your Dev page but its on the front page of the old plugins page.
There are many things that could cause this, but Multiverse's Teleport method is unlikely. Please post an issue on GitHub with A LOT of details. (https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/issues)
Throughout our testing (and myself using this on the server I play on) we've not seen these.
We did notice when 1.8.x came out, the efficiency of the vanilla server dropped pretty good so that may be where you're seeing this.
Should work fine, I've spoken to the Bukkit team about those errors, and they're just useless spam. (apart from the NPE on essentials) As you can see those errors occur after the server is shut down.
Great plugin, but since I updated from 1.7.2 to the latest version, I've been having problems with lag. It seems that once someone respawns, or tries to go to another world, the entire server freezes for about 5 seconds. This is very annoying.
Just made things worse...(I would put this in a spoiler but I don't know how) === http://dev.bukkit.org/paste/4102/ [EDITED: Just use the paste button at the top :D]
Wait for 2.1, I'm not totally understanding what you want, but I think it's fixed in 2.1. Maybe tomorrow night... *sigh* too much stuff to do...
Update to CB 1240 or 1317. (these are both RBs newer than your version.
How do I stop the Game Mode Changing for the admins when they enter the world I only want to Prevent the Game Mode changing but want to keep the world as survival
I got an error message when reloading my server after placing the core in the plugins folder.
Please help, this is the best world management plugin I have found!
It's possible to implement a plugin for this right now. Just copy the template world to a random world name and register it, then deregister and delete when the player leaves. As the challenges are probably all relatively small, this wouldn't even take up that much hard drive space and one person will not generate that many chunks trying to beat a challenge.
The number of worlds is no concern - it doesn't matter much if you have one big world and 20 people in non-overlapping loaded regions or 20 worlds with one person each. If your server can handle the former, it can handle the later.
Thanks for your reply :D
Sorry I wasnt demanding lol, I was stating that I asked a question before and it was too long and confusing, so I was telling everyone to ignore that question and read my new shortened version of the same question.
Yeh I can imagine that being a crazy memory hogger, reminds me of WoW back in the days (2 years ago)... You'd try to go into an instance when one has been updated and you couldnt get in because there were so many people in them :P.
Its a nice idea though, I think... Just imagine being sent on Adventures from a certain world into another...
Anyway thanks again for the answer.
Sure does, i use it on my own server.
I asked a question, I have a question. Chill man, they are working hard on updating right now.
Anyway, currently, no. With a little java magic, you could, if you were using a large ram disk, house an unloaded version of your world and load them on the fly, creating individual instances. You would have to hook into the MV API to load a world and change the TP destination to a predetermined location on the newly spawned world. This could get very ugly over time though. Just imagine 20 instances of the same world. Total memory hog!
Maybe in the future, but probably not for a while, especially with 1.9 looming in the distance.