MoneyDrop, the original money dropping plugin, is back and better than ever!
MoneyDrop drops virtual money, represented by an ingame item, when a mob or player dies. This money can be picked up by players, but will go into their wallet instead of their inventory. Vault and an economy plugin supported by Vault are required to run MoneyDrop.
Help support the development of MoneyDrop: Donate today! Every little bit helps!
Note: MoneyDrop version 2 uses different settings than version 1. Read the following instructions before updating or things will break!
How to set up MoneyDrop
The steps in bold are for those updating from version 1.
Step 1: Make sure you've got one of the supported economy plugins set up on your server.
Step 2: Download and set up Vault if you haven't already.
Step 3: Download the latest MoneyDrop and place it in your plugins folder.
Step 4: Back up your existing .yml files, then delete the original ones.
Step 5: Start up your server and shut it back down again.
Step 6: Edit the .yml files in the plugins/MoneyDrop folder with your favorite text-editor. This page tells you what does what.
Step 7: Start up your server and you're good to go!
MoneyDrop 2.2.0 supports permissions. The nodes are:
- MoneyDrop.pickup - Allows the player to pick up money.
Permission use needs to be enabled in The config files.
MoneyDrop can be easily customized with other plugins.
For a list of plugins that make MoneyDrop even more awesome: Check here!
For information on how to create your own MoneyDrop extension: Check here!
I found a bug!
Post a ticket and I'll try to fix it asap!
Bugs that allow players to get more money than intended should be PM'd, not ticketed.
Please don't discuss money duplication in the comments.
Something isn't working, can you help me?
I'll try, but I'll need the following info:
- The version of MoneyDrop you're using.
- A list of other plugins you're using.
- Any errors that pop up (the entire error message).
- Your MoneyDrop config files.
I can't pick up money when my inventory is full.
This bug has been around since the day MoneyDrop was made and is one of the few bugs that can't be fixed due to the way bukkit handles item pickups.
Why did you get rid of the WorldGuard and Spout stuff in version 2?
To increase the stability of MoneyDrop.
Don't worry, the features are still available, but in the form of an extra plugin. That way, if one of the other plugins isn't playing nice with MoneyDrop anymore, you can just remove the plugin that links the two.
I'll donate if you add this!
Donate because you like the work I've done, not because you want me to do something.
If you want a feature added, post it as a suggestion or hire me to make you a custom version.
Asking me to value your suggestion higher because you promise to donate is disrespectful to both me and your fellow users.
What's new in version 2
- You can now set the damage values to further customize your drops.
- Money is now easier to configure and has better support for decimal values.
- MoneyDrop will automatically add new mobs to your config file when they're added ingame. No need to update each time Minecraft does!
- Features relying on other plugins have been removed to make MoneyDrop more stable. You can find those features again in the form of a MoneyDrop-extending plugin.
- Many under the hood optimisations.
- A new event system makes it even easier to create plugins that customize MoneyDrop's behavior.
- Fixed a bug that would cause MoneyDrop to not generate tamed mob variants in the config files.
- MoneyDrop now generates settings for all horse variants.
- Fixed a bug with inventory checking.
- Inventory checks can now be disabled in the config files. Do not disable checks if money can exist in an inventory!
- Added a setting to prevent hoppers from picking up money.
- Added a setting to prevent players in creative mode from picking up money.
- Added a setting to prevent mobs spawned by other plugins from dropping money (thanks TrenTech!).
- Added a setting to prevent mobs spawned by mods from dropping money (thanks TrenTech!).
- MoneyDrop now supports permissions. This can be enabled in the config files. The node is MoneyDrop.pickup
- Other bugfixes (thanks TrenTech!)
- Fixed a money duplication bug
- Fixed more rounding errors
- Fixed a money duplication bug
- Fixed the rounding errors in chat
- Added some missing features in the api
- Added an option to send a chat message when the player dies
- Initial release
For info on the outdated version 1, check out this page.
A big thank you to the people who kept MoneyDrop alive during my year-long absence. You guys are amazing!
The mods have requested I remove the link to TrenTech's version. My apologies for the inconvenience.
You are awesome! :D
It seems my console is getting spammed with " Breeding " from the plugin now. Is this some sort of debug message you forgot to disable? :)
Latest update to my revised version of Moneydrop. Download from the link at the bottom of the page above under Creators Note section.
EDIT: Also should note I have not tested this with 1.7.2 yet. Please let me know if any problems arise.
Money is dropped and picked up on 1.7.2 as far as I've tested.
Think you could make the message disabled when you set loss of money for death $0?
Hello. This plugin is awesome and the only one of his kind, so thank you. What I would really like now is the possibility to drop multiple items depending of their value, like one item giving 1$ and another giving 10$. Is this possible ?
That would be awesome, and i'm sure other users would love this too. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help!
Mod specific changes could cause some issues for vanilla servers, but its possible I could create an add-on plugin for mods such as MFR, soul shard etc. I'd have to take a look at what it would require. I'm don't know much about forge but I could give it a shot
First off, my users and i is loving every bit of this awesome plugin! And it works great. However, i have hit a small snag. The server is running Tekkit 1.1.10, which means that you can spawn mobs with the autospawner from MFR, which will generate a lot of money, very fast. Do you think it would be possible to disable money drops from mobs spawned with this method, like it is from a normal mob spawner?
added /moneydrop reload
perm node is MoneyDrop.reload
Previous changes that may have gone unnoticed:
If updating from the original 2.1.1 add these to your configs:
Yes this works with 1.6. Can't help with out a stack trace. Consider updating to:
Staff edit: Link removed.
Does this work on 1.6?
I encountered an exception or something yesterday and forgot what it said.
It occurred when someone died.
One, The version I posted 2 comments down has permissions. The node is MoneyDrop.use Also set Use-Permissions: to true in configs. If It's no in the config add it.
Two, There's a config file for each world so permissions are not required to accomplish this task. For the worlds you do not want money drops set all drops to 0 and set Pickup-Chat-Notification-Enabled: to false just in case you get notified that you picked up 0 currency. I don't think it will but just for best practice.
Console output is disabled in the unoffical update few comments down
Can we get an option to disable money drop console output?
Can we get support for negative drops?
Can we get the source code to add this stuff in ourselves if you wont?
I have no issues with this plugin. I made a few minor changes a while back, if you look a page or so back in the comments you'll see my post with an unofficial updated version. From what I've seen there's nothing in this plugin that isn't compatible with 1.6.2 and it should still be compatible in the future so long as no major changes to the bukkit api occur. If you are experiencing issues please pastebin any server errors as well as your config and a list of plugins on your server and I'll do my best to fix what I can. This plugin has no reason to be considered abondoned.
Strange thing is that the author is still coming on every 1-2 days...
I have some problems with money-drop too followed with several errors in console... but it's because this is outdated (and maybe abbandoned) plugin :\ :\ It's a pity :\ What a great plugin
Any chance of a an update?