MobHunting adds a new level of fun to hunting monsters, animals or opponents. Now you can get money or even dead players skull from kills, get bonuses for skilled and creative kills, and get special achievements!
- Reward Money from killing monsters. (Vault and Gringotts supported)
- Reward / Punish Money from killing animals. (disabled by default)
- Give players a Mobhead / Playerhead as reward
- Steal money from other players pockets (can be disabled)
- Put a bounty on your enemies and get them killed.
- Run a console command as a reward or punishment or Start a Skull Collection / Give permissions to something.
- Modifiers to increase your income for creative kills
- Many Achievements to collect
- MasterMobHunters (Citizens2) and Signs
- Mob grinder detection
- Supports Minecraft 1.7.9 - 1.12.2
- Heavily customizable
- Language support. see How to localize MobHunting
- MySQL support is optional
- Tested on SpigotMC, CraftBukkit, Glowstone and Cauldron
- NEW Learning mode so players understand why they didn't get a reward when killing a mod.
@BillyCoolDude has made this tutorial for me
To use MobHunting, all you need is Vault and a Vault compatible economy plugin
- A bonus for not using a weapon to kill a monster
- A bonus for getting another monster to kill another monster
- A bonus for killing monsters while riding a horse
- A bonus for sniping a monster from 20 or more blocks away
- Pro Sniper
- A bonus for sniping a monster from 50 or more blocks away
- Return to Sender
- A bonus for returning a ghast fireball to the ghast
- A Shove
- A bonus for killing a monster by making it fall to its death
- Just In Time. Kill a Zombie in early daylight, before if burns up. Thanks to Maxetto for this Achivement.
- A bonus for killing certain amounts of monsters without getting damaged
You need 5 for 1.5x, 10 for 2x, 20 for 3x. and 40 for 4x
- Under Cover
- A bonus for killing a player while disguised
- Cover Blown
- A bonus for killing a player who is disgused
- World Difficulty Bonus
- Depending on the World Dificulty (Peaceful, Easy, Normal, Hard) The reward will be multiplided with (0.5, 0.75,1.0, 2.0)
Rank / Group Permission bonuses
You can now give players extra bonus depending on they rank / group permission. Ex give player who has donated or have voted for your server extra reward money. (See permissions)
There are many achievements to get from killing monsters. These can be about using specific weapons, using specific techniques, or just killing monsters in special ways
There are more than 20 achievements to get. So get hunting.
At any time your achievements can be viewed with
/mobhunt kills or
/mobhunt by default has an alias
/mh so you can use
/mh kills for ease of use.
The player has now a change to start his own Skull Collection. Every time the player kills a mob, he has a change to get a skull. The frequency can be changed in config.yml.
This can be configured for other rewards as well in the config.yml.
MasterMobHunters & MasterMobHunter Signs
Signs can also be redstone powered when the MasterMobHunter (The player) is online on the server. This can be used for a lot of smart features. Powering Lamps, Pistons, Doors and much more. (See the info page)
DropMoneyOnGroud - for RPG Servers
As default the money reward will be dropped on the ground as a Bag of gold, but you can also choose to drop the money reward as a normal Minecraft Item, The killers head or the killed mobs head, or your can disable the drop feature and let the player have the money directly in his pocket. This can be configured in config.yml, check the DropMoneyOnGround section. If you have Gringotts installed, the reward will be paid in Gringott currency.
You can now make Leaderboards and show the Top players!
VariationVault has made a Video toturial on YouTube, you can see it here.
MobHunting is ready to use without any configuration, but the default values provided may not be well suited to your server.
What can be changed:
- Base money from monsters can be changed or disabled
- Modifiers can be changed and disabled
- Money from getting achievements can be changed
- Penalty amounts can be changed or disabled
The configuration file (config.yml) is well documented
Sometimes you don't want players to get money from killing monsters. You might have a special games world, or want it to be rank based
If you want to disable MobHunting in a world, you just need to put the worlds name into the 'disabled-in-worlds' list in the configuration file.
For example: If you want mobhunting to be disabled in the world "games", your 'disabled-in-worlds' should be as follows:
general: disabled-in-worlds: [games]
If you want to disable MobHunting in the world "games" and the nether, your 'disabled-in-worlds' should be as follows:
general: disabled-in-worlds: [games,world_nether]
Add regions in disabled worlds and set the Worldguard custom flag 'MobHunting allow', to enable MobHunting in a limited area in the world. OR you can disable Mobhunting in a worldguard region with the custom flag 'MobHunting deny'.
general: /mh region peaceful_area mobhunting deny
If you want to disable MobHunting per player or per rank, you can use the permission:
which every player has by default
Commands and Permissions
You can get a list of every command and permission over here
MobHunting has built in compatibility for the following plugins:
- MythicMobs record kills and get rewards and achievements for killing MythicMobs.
- TARDISWeepingAngels record kills and get rewards and achievements for killing TARDISWeepingAngels.
- CustomMobs record kills and get rewards and achievements when killing CustomMobs.
- LorinthsRpgMobs & ConquestiaMobs. Get a bonus when killing higher level mobs.
- MobStacker / StackMob You can configure how MobHunting acts on stacked mobs.
- MysteriousHalloween Mobs record kills and get rewards when killing a MysteriousHalloween.
- Minigames disabling MobHunting for a player whenever they enter a minigame.
- MyPet allowing MyPets to work correctly with achievements and modifiers
- MobArena - Players don't get rewards for killing Mobs when they are in a MobArena.
- PVP Arena - Players don't get rewards if they are in a PVP Arena, killing another player.
- WorldGuard - Players don't get rewards if they hide in a protected Region with MOD_DAMAGE=deny and there is a spacial custom MobHunting flag. See command /hm region.
- Towny, Factions, FactionsUUID & Residence: players dont get rewards when they are protected against damage.
- Citizens2 - Player does now get a reward if they kill a Sentry NPC
- Essentials - Player don't get reward if they are in God Mode or Vanished.
- LibsDisguises, DisguiseCraft & iDisguise - Player get bonuses, Player / Victim is unDisguised when attacked.
- BattleArena - Player dont get rewards while playing BattleArena. Can be disabled in config.yml
- VanishNoPacket. Players don't get rewards if vanished.
- BossBarAPI & BarAPI: is used for Learning messages
- TitleManager, ActionAnnouncer & ActionBarAPI: is used for ActionBar & Achievement messages.
- TitleWelcomeMessage & TitleAPI: is used for Achievement messages.
- Gringotts. If you are using Gringotts, rewards can be dropped on ground in Gringott currencies.
- ProtocolLib. Is recommended but optional. It is used for making a nice "Pickup Money Animation" even when the Player inventory is full! and to show Blacklisted/Whitelisted grinding areas. If you find a compatibility issue with another plugin please feel free to shoot me a PM with the name of the incompatible plugin, and the reason it is incompatible.
MCStats & bStats
This plugin utilizes both Hidendra's and BtoBastians plugin metrics systems , which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier The server's version of Java Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
You can NOT Opt out this service by editing plugins/PluginMetrics/config-bagofgold.yml and changing opt-out-bagofgold to true. Metrics is forced enabled for BagOfGold only. You can disbale bStats, but this causes a startup delay of 20 seconds.
If you find a bug, please create a Ticket.
Feel free to add more wishes to the List
API for Developers
You can find information about MobHuntingAPI here.
You can check out the source code over at GitHub
THANKS TO A special thanks to Schmoller who has made this plugin, I have just taken over and will try to continue his work for some time.