MobHunting adds a new level of fun to hunting monsters, animals or opponents. Now you can get money or even dead players skull from kills, get bonuses for skilled and creative kills, and get special achievements!
- Reward Money from killing monsters. (Vault and Gringotts supported)
- Reward / Punish Money from killing animals. (disabled by default)
- Give players a Mobhead / Playerhead as reward
- Steal money from other players pockets (can be disabled)
- Put a bounty on your enemies and get them killed.
- Run a console command as a reward or punishment or Start a Skull Collection / Give permissions to something.
- Modifiers to increase your income for creative kills
- Many Achievements to collect
- MasterMobHunters (Citizens2) and Signs
- Mob grinder detection
- Supports Minecraft 1.7.9 - 1.12.2
- Heavily customizable
- Language support. see How to localize MobHunting
- MySQL support is optional
- Tested on SpigotMC, CraftBukkit, Glowstone and Cauldron
- NEW Learning mode so players understand why they didn't get a reward when killing a mod.
@BillyCoolDude has made this tutorial for me
To use MobHunting, all you need is Vault and a Vault compatible economy plugin
- A bonus for not using a weapon to kill a monster
- A bonus for getting another monster to kill another monster
- A bonus for killing monsters while riding a horse
- A bonus for sniping a monster from 20 or more blocks away
- Pro Sniper
- A bonus for sniping a monster from 50 or more blocks away
- Return to Sender
- A bonus for returning a ghast fireball to the ghast
- A Shove
- A bonus for killing a monster by making it fall to its death
- Just In Time. Kill a Zombie in early daylight, before if burns up. Thanks to Maxetto for this Achivement.
- A bonus for killing certain amounts of monsters without getting damaged
You need 5 for 1.5x, 10 for 2x, 20 for 3x. and 40 for 4x
- Under Cover
- A bonus for killing a player while disguised
- Cover Blown
- A bonus for killing a player who is disgused
- World Difficulty Bonus
- Depending on the World Dificulty (Peaceful, Easy, Normal, Hard) The reward will be multiplided with (0.5, 0.75,1.0, 2.0)
Rank / Group Permission bonuses
You can now give players extra bonus depending on they rank / group permission. Ex give player who has donated or have voted for your server extra reward money. (See permissions)
There are many achievements to get from killing monsters. These can be about using specific weapons, using specific techniques, or just killing monsters in special ways
There are more than 20 achievements to get. So get hunting.
At any time your achievements can be viewed with
/mobhunt kills or
/mobhunt by default has an alias
/mh so you can use
/mh kills for ease of use.
The player has now a change to start his own Skull Collection. Every time the player kills a mob, he has a change to get a skull. The frequency can be changed in config.yml.
This can be configured for other rewards as well in the config.yml.
MasterMobHunters & MasterMobHunter Signs
Create NPC's showing the Skin of the best MobHunters and create a sign showing the statistics of the Masters. (more info) You need to install Citizens2 to be able to create MasterMobHunters.
Signs can also be redstone powered when the MasterMobHunter (The player) is online on the server. This can be used for a lot of smart features. Powering Lamps, Pistons, Doors and much more. (See the info page)
DropMoneyOnGroud - for RPG Servers
As default the money reward will be dropped on the ground as a Bag of gold, but you can also choose to drop the money reward as a normal Minecraft Item, The killers head or the killed mobs head, or your can disable the drop feature and let the player have the money directly in his pocket. This can be configured in config.yml, check the DropMoneyOnGround section. If you have Gringotts installed, the reward will be paid in Gringott currency.
You can now make Leaderboards and show the Top players!
VariationVault has made a Video toturial on YouTube, you can see it here.
MobHunting is ready to use without any configuration, but the default values provided may not be well suited to your server.
What can be changed:
- Base money from monsters can be changed or disabled
- Modifiers can be changed and disabled
- Money from getting achievements can be changed
- Penalty amounts can be changed or disabled
The configuration file (config.yml) is well documented
Sometimes you don't want players to get money from killing monsters. You might have a special games world, or want it to be rank based
If you want to disable MobHunting in a world, you just need to put the worlds name into the 'disabled-in-worlds' list in the configuration file.
For example: If you want mobhunting to be disabled in the world "games", your 'disabled-in-worlds' should be as follows:
general: disabled-in-worlds: [games]
If you want to disable MobHunting in the world "games" and the nether, your 'disabled-in-worlds' should be as follows:
general: disabled-in-worlds: [games,world_nether]
Add regions in disabled worlds and set the Worldguard custom flag 'MobHunting allow', to enable MobHunting in a limited area in the world. OR you can disable Mobhunting in a worldguard region with the custom flag 'MobHunting deny'.
general: /mh region peaceful_area mobhunting deny
If you want to disable MobHunting per player or per rank, you can use the permission:
which every player has by default
Commands and Permissions
You can get a list of every command and permission over here
MobHunting has built in compatibility for the following plugins:
- MythicMobs record kills and get rewards and achievements for killing MythicMobs.
- TARDISWeepingAngels record kills and get rewards and achievements for killing TARDISWeepingAngels.
- CustomMobs record kills and get rewards and achievements when killing CustomMobs.
- LorinthsRpgMobs & ConquestiaMobs. Get a bonus when killing higher level mobs.
- MobStacker / StackMob You can configure how MobHunting acts on stacked mobs.
- MysteriousHalloween Mobs record kills and get rewards when killing a MysteriousHalloween.
- Minigames disabling MobHunting for a player whenever they enter a minigame.
- MyPet allowing MyPets to work correctly with achievements and modifiers
- MobArena - Players don't get rewards for killing Mobs when they are in a MobArena.
- PVP Arena - Players don't get rewards if they are in a PVP Arena, killing another player.
- WorldGuard - Players don't get rewards if they hide in a protected Region with MOD_DAMAGE=deny and there is a spacial custom MobHunting flag. See command /hm region.
- Towny, Factions, FactionsUUID & Residence: players dont get rewards when they are protected against damage.
- Citizens2 - Player does now get a reward if they kill a Sentry NPC
- Essentials - Player don't get reward if they are in God Mode or Vanished.
- LibsDisguises, DisguiseCraft & iDisguise - Player get bonuses, Player / Victim is unDisguised when attacked.
- BattleArena - Player dont get rewards while playing BattleArena. Can be disabled in config.yml
- VanishNoPacket. Players don't get rewards if vanished.
- BossBarAPI & BarAPI: is used for Learning messages
- TitleManager, ActionAnnouncer & ActionBarAPI: is used for ActionBar & Achievement messages.
- TitleWelcomeMessage & TitleAPI: is used for Achievement messages.
- Gringotts. If you are using Gringotts, rewards can be dropped on ground in Gringott currencies.
- ProtocolLib. Is recommended but optional. It is used for making a nice "Pickup Money Animation" even when the Player inventory is full! and to show Blacklisted/Whitelisted grinding areas. If you find a compatibility issue with another plugin please feel free to shoot me a PM with the name of the incompatible plugin, and the reason it is incompatible.
MCStats & bStats
This plugin utilizes both Hidendra's and BtoBastians plugin metrics systems , which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier The server's version of Java Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
You can NOT Opt out this service by editing plugins/PluginMetrics/config-bagofgold.yml and changing opt-out-bagofgold to true. Metrics is forced enabled for BagOfGold only. You can disbale bStats, but this causes a startup delay of 20 seconds.
If you find a bug, please create a Ticket.
Feel free to add more wishes to the List
API for Developers
You can find information about MobHuntingAPI here.
You can check out the source code over at GitHub
THANKS TO A special thanks to Schmoller who has made this plugin, I have just taken over and will try to continue his work for some time.
Any way to remove the "name (amount)" above dropped the heads/bags so they look like normal drops
1)The Lore for heads/bag of gold is purple and says:
hidden:(name of head/bag)
hidden:(Value of head/bag)
hidden: (what look like user ids)
hidden: (what look like user ids)
MobHunting Reward / more uids
2)When buying bags of gold they do not merge not much of a issue just bugs me
same issues with version 6.5.1 but i also get a internal error when buying a bag of gold
In reply to llimpy:
didn't know i needed ProtocolLib
on Spigot and Bukkit:
If I change the config file in Plugin/MobHunting/config.yml it doesn't keep the changes.
When the server starts it loads the default config even when I change the file and do /mobhunt reload it doesn't keep the changes.
I thought maybe its only on Bukkit then I switched to Spigot and it didn't work either.
I only took changes in the config.yml.
Do I have to change the config somewhere else?
Or do I have to tell him to use that config somewhere?
Plugins I use beside are:
In reply to Forge_User_74156267:
you cant delete lines in config.yml all other changes will be saved, and you can reload the changes usin /mh reload
In reply to Rocologo:
This plugin is no longer working on my 1.12.2 server after updating. Do I need to use the older file?
In reply to snailfever:
Check messages on Spigot
Thanks for this cool plugin. :)
hi thanks for this plugin its verry nice,... i did an update 2 days ago and now i have 1 problem
if i set dropmoneyonground: true
or whatever i set it so that the player should pick it up as currency (vault)
it doesnt do that ,... it Always goes into inventory..
(for now i set it to droponground: false so its directly added to a players balance)
please help ? :D
In reply to Forge_User_56386286:
# Use the reward as a currency (bag of gold) which can be sold, bought, stored in a
# protected chest or a protected area (a Bank?). Check the command /mh money sell.
# If false the bag of gold will be picked up as money, if true the bag of gold
# will be picked up as an item.
In reply to Rocologo:
Hey:D first of all i thank you a lot for this plugin:) Even in OP i'm not able to get money when killing mobs, I have vault and craftconomy. What do i need to config ?
In reply to Epichronos:
and check the console after a kill
How do I lower the amount of money that drops off mobs? People are on my server for not even an hour and they have almost $3 million. What and where do I have to change in the config file?
In reply to angiebobb53685:
In reply to Rocologo:
Hi Rocologo, i really love your plugin. No problems with it so far 😀 But..... I'm Running a pve server and i like the mobhunt part. But is there are way tot disable the bounty part ? Thanks VenumX
In reply to Forge_User_56386286:
Can you tell me some shop plugin that fit with this ? I used chest shop but it can't