This plugin is designed to allow server administrators to have tighter control over their server's economy as well as introduce new and interesting experiences for their players. MineralManager is the second generation of the MineralVein plugin; with improved performance, customization, control, and reliability it makes a big jump forward from the original concept.
This plugin works by allowing specified blocks to regenerate after they've been broken. From Cactus to Diamond, from Dirt to Logs, admins can control which blocks are allowed to respawn, where they're allowed to respawn, and what should take their place when they're broken. This plugin also allows for a bit of randomness in its regeneration by using a degradation parameter that causes blocks to sometimes forgo respawning when they're broken.
You can do anything from creating public mines near spawn filled with iron and coal that never breaks so new players get started quicker to having secret forests that regenerate completely after enough time as passed. Diamonds would become something for your players to guard and protect rather than something to find, mine and move on. An innocent patch of grass could even have gold ore hidden inside. The possibilities are endless and the excitement is contagious! Make your server unique and fun with this easy, yet intricate plugin.
- Craftbukkit RB: 1.6.4-R2.0 (Build #02918)
- Craftbukkit DEV: 1.7.2-R0.4 (Build #03023)
- Spigot Stable: 1.7.2-R0.1 (Build #1186)
- Tekkit Classic: 3.1.2
- Latest Release (v2.2.1) Setup and Usage | Documentation | Download
- Economics / Resource Management data/charts explaining the rationale for MineralManager
- Forum Thread
- [June 2, 2013] MineralManager 2.2 is out! This is a major release which has a number of cleanups and performance tweaks that paves the way for the future of MineralManager, by making it much easier for us to add new features in as we go forward.
- [January 2, 2013] MineralManager is looking for another developer to take over maintenance and updating of the plugin! If you're an experienced Java programmer with at least 2 years of experience and at least 1 moderately successful bukkit plugin please contact me via PM if you're interested in working on the MineralManager plugin. You must also be familiar with VCS's like GitHub since we have the project hosted there. Thank you all for your support and I hope with another developer working on the project you will see more consistent updates.
- [September 9, 2012] It's over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! downloads. Thank you all for supporting MineralManager / MineralVein! We really appreciate all the feedback and hope you'll continue to stick with this plugin as it grows and improves in the future! :)
- [August 17, 2012] A Setup and Usage section has been added to the MineralManager v2.1 links!
- [August 13, 2012] MineralManager v2.1, a substantially rewritten and improved version, has been released finally!
- [August 3rd, 2012] The old MineralVein documentation has been moved here in preparation for upcoming MineralManager documentation and updates!
- [July 21st, 2012]
This project is on haitus right now as I'm extremely busy with work and family. I apologize for the slow update and the lack of information and transparency with the project. Hopefully as time goes on I'll be able to continue development and get back to updating and maintaining the plugin! If you are interested in picking up the project as a developer please send me a personal message and we can discuss the particulars. Thanks for all your support and I hope to get back to this project as time allows!
- [April 18th, 2012]
MineralVein is looking for a name change! I mistakenly named my plugin after an already existing one so I'm looking for your help to pick out another awesome name! Vote in the poll or add your own submission in the comments section! There will be 2 rounds of voting, this first initial round and then another round with the top choices from round 1 and any fan submissions that have a lot of likes!
ore respawn, block respawn, renewable, renewable resources, renewable blocks, respawning ores, cooldown ores, runescape, mining, mines, remine, blocks go on cooldown after they're mined, mined blocks respawn, blocks respawn, ore respawn, ore generator, blocks degrade, minerals respawn, mineral generator, mineral cooldown, mineralvein, mineral vein, public mines, public mining, group mines, ores respawn, ores regenerate, persistence, persistent, development, man-made