for Bukkit / Spigot 1.8+
Note: The current version of this plugin can be found here. Support of older versions and feature requests can still be requested below.
Plays a sound whenever you receive a private message, broadcast a message, or when players join the server! Completely compatible with Essentials (and other chat plugins after some configuration)! Completely configurable, very simple, and very lightweight.
- /ding - plays a test sound
MessageTones has the following permissions:
- messagetones.broadcast - plays a sound whenever /broadcast is used.
- messagetones.admin - plays the admin join sound when you login.
This plugin collects data on the number of servers it is being run on, as well as the combined amount of players. All data is kept anonymous. No server ips/names or player names are collected. If you would like to opt out of this data collection, feel free to change the "metrics" value in the config.yml from true to false.
Collected data can be viewed at http:mcstats.org/plugin/MessageTones
- Opt in and out of message sounds.
- Different sounds for admins.
- Send a sound when a players name is mentioned.
- Allow players to customize their message sounds.
- Done - Send a sound when players or admins join.
- Done - Send a sound when /broadcast is used.
I am open to suggestions! Please leave a comment for any features you’d like to see. Thank you!