This executes a command when defined message found in chat-screen (and other source: chat-input, console-input, server log). It allows you to link commands to action performed by another plugin (when this plugin send to player a specified message).
- Execute command as player or server console when required message found in chat-screen;
- Cooldown for executing the rule command;
- Regex (and other types of string comparison) supported;
- Using part (words) from original message in command to execute.
Why I need this plugin?
- If you use a plugin and going to add new actions to it. For example plugin types a congratulation message but it not supports a reward. You can use this plugin to execute command and give money to your player.
- If you need to turn chat message to commands. For example you need to type "please teleport me home" instead of "/home" :)
- You need to handle servHow it works
How to use MessageCommander
MessageCommander uses multiple rule definition files. It's a "YAML" fie (*.yml) located in "MessageCommander/rules" folder. You can edit (or create new) this files manually. Every rule based on some parameters:
- Type— defines the method which will used to determine text in message (before display it on screen). There are five types:
- EQUAL — case insensitive compare (Example: "Aaaa Bbbb" will be equal to "aaaa bbbb")
- CONTAINS — find substring in input-message
- START — check if message starts with provided text
- END — check if message ends with provided text
- REGEX — using regular expression to find matches
- source — you can link any rule to any source:
- ALL — any source
- CHAT_PLAYER — Message typed by player in chat
- CHAT_CONSOLE — Message (command) typed in server console
- CHAT_MESSAGE — Message received by player in chat (message could be sent by player, plugin, mod...)
- LOG — message in log (by plugin). Don't forget this message will include plugin name prefix ("[MessageCommander]", for example).
- message-mask — defines input mask, that will used to find matches in original message
- command-line — defines the command line that will executed. Use placeholder %player% to point to players name.
- execute-as-console — if "true" command (provided in command-line) will executed by server console.
- cooldown-time — time defined in format similar to time format used in ReActions plugin. Cooldown used to set up time-limit executing commands using this rule.
test: type: EQUAL source: ALL message-mask: help me command-line: say %player% need %word1%! execute-as-console: ture cooldown-time: 3s
This plugin requires ProtocoLib installed on your server.
Commands and Permissions
There's no command or permissions yet.
MessageCommander includes a update checker that use your server internet connection. Update checker will every hour check the dev.bukkit.org to find new released version of plugin and you can easy disable it: just set parameter "check-updates" to "false" in config.yml.