Version 2.10.0 is out now!
(Download may be delayed due to approval time)
Instead of making your players use "/res market rent Town.HouseName", allow your players to right click signs to rent and buy land, or put down signs to set up renting or selling with the Residence mod.
If you want to have ResidenceSigns translated into your native language, copy/paste the template found here, change the statements that are in quotes to your native language, and PM it back to me!
- Placing a [Rent] or [ForSale] sign on a residence that is already set up for rent or sale will automatically fill in all other information.
- [Rent] signs allow you to setup a residence for rent using "Price/Days/AutoRenew [t/f]?" on the third line and an optional residence full name on the second.
- Right clicking a [Rent] sign will attempt to rent the house in your name.
- Right clicking a [Rented] sign that is rented will unrent the house for you.
- When someone rents a house using a sign, the bottom line of the sign will change from "Available" to the renter's name.
- [ForSale] signs allow you to sell a residence for "Price" on the second line and an optional residence full name on the third.
- Right clicking a [ForSale] sign will attempt to buy the residence.
- When someone buys the residence, the bottom line of the sign will change from "Available" to "Sold".
- Sign text should update if there are any differences in info whenever someone right clicks.
- Owners of Residence can break the sign to remove it from the Market/Rentable.
- Picks up Residence Events and automatically updates Residence Signs accordingly.
- You can change the default Language by changing the Language config option and having the correct .yml file in the Language Folder.
- Residence name is optional on the third line. By default, wherever cuboid the sign is located in, it will try to use that residence.
- Multiple signs can used for one Residence.
- Code Cleanup.
- Suggestions from players.
Better Sign Storing and control.
Different Language Alternatives.
Change Log ===
Version 2.10.0: 5/12/2013
- Fixed major bug with some signs popping off upon server restarts.
- Made sign creation prices more '$' friendly.
- Updated to CB 1.5.2-R0.1.
Version 2.9: 8/26/2012
- Fully reworked auto updater system. This should all ALL NPE's when interacting with signs.
- Fixed remaining CME's in auto updater system, signs will now automatically change the instant Residence changes the Residences' status.
- NO MORE SIGNS AUTO REMOVING THEMSELVES DUE TO THE ABOVE BUGS!
Version 2.8: 8/22/2012
- Hopefully a permanent fix for the CME NPE issue occurring on the auto update system.
- Fixed simple display when creating Rent Signs, the AutoRent on the sign will now say "true" instead of "t".
Version 2.7: 8/22/2012
- New Auto-Update Feature. Signs will now auto update the names listed on the Signs when changed using /res rename Command.
- Fixed a bad save variable of ForSale Residences to the signs.yml.
- Added more experimental features to the sign load in system. If a sign fails to load for any reason, ResidenceSigns will try to regenerate the sign with all the proper information.
- Old code cleanup.
Version 2.6: 8/20/2012
- Added experimental safe checks for on Sign Interactions when Residence was throwing NPEs to the Signs, will remove Signs if this occurs.
- Attempt to fix Signs not loading in properly after a restart or two.
- Make sure you are using Residence v2.6.5. This should fix all other remaining NPEs being thrown on attempts to grab variables from Residence itself.
- Updated to CB1.3.2-R2.0
Version 2.5: 7/31/2012
- Fixed the issue with the NullPointerErrors spamming on the automatic sign update system. For some reason occassionally blocks were calling an NPE when trying to acquire their State. The sign will now remove itself from the Plugin.
- NOTE: This will not as of this moment remove the ACTUAL sign as its pulling an NPE for the block, I will have a fix for this in a later update.
- Fixed the issue with sometimes ResSigns calling NPE's when trying to acquire the Residences AutoRepeat variable. Thank you Bekvon for fixing this.
- NOTE: This MAY require the Dev version of Residence as the fix is not actually live but implemented in their current Dev build.
- Added the "Sold" variable for the Alternative Language System.
- NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO DELETE YOUR LANGUAGE FOLDER! Stop Server, Delete Language Folder, Start Server, Allow ResSigns To Regenerate All Language ymls. If not done in this Order, you WILL get Errors.
- Updated to CB1.2.5-R5.
Version 2.4.1 : 6/26/2012
- Fix NPE with alternative Language System. For some reason the Brazilian translation file was lost, re-added.
- Added Polish locale for alternative Language System.
Version 2.4 : 6/25/2012
- Changed the task that updates signs to run more effectively, as faster.
- Tweaked the loading in and saving of signs to hopefully keep the signs.yml more effective.
- Switched a few variables that should hopefully help fix issues with false set reatables to work correctly with the Signs as well as fix any NPEs that were still occuring.
Version 2.3 : 6/4/2012
- Fixed a check for players trying to unrent Residences when their name was too long to fit on the sign, method now checks Renting Players' Name. Sorry!
- Tweaked the auto sign refresh feature to be slightly more effective with the Residence Rent_Expire Timers.
- Updated to 1.2.5-R3.0
Version 2.2 : 5/5/2012
- *NEW* Added a reload command to quickly reload your config.yml.
- /rs reload.
- Fixed a bug where on RENT_EXPIRE, Rent Signs would display the Residence as Available regardless of status, and would need to be manually updated.
- Added Spanish.yml to the default alternative language system.
Version 2.1 : 5/2/2012
- Fixed issue where certain sign creation exceptions weren’t getting saved into the signs.yml.
- *NEW*Added finally the ability to call and set Residences as false for Auto-Renew Rentable on sign creations! YAY! (Testing on this feature is appreciated to make sure I got the write call methods from Residence since they were recently added).
Version 2.0 : 5/1/2012
- *NEW* Totally revamped the way ResidenceSigns handles the signs by using some flat yml files to also store Sign data(signs.yml). This new feature allows for much better sign control when Events get thrown from Residence. It is highly advised to not touch this file for any reason.
- *NEW* ResidenceSigns should now automatically update upon Residence Events occuring, either by "/" commands or if rent expires and player can't afford or the autorefresh is set to false.
- NOTE: Not every exception has been added just yet as I was quite excited to get this release out to all of you!
- *New*Added New config.yml node for Unrenting on Sign Right-Click. NOW STOP QQing ABOUT IT! :P
- Readjusted the temporary fix to the sign by changing it to left-click updates. By left-clicking the sign if it is rented but not displaying that, it will update, and vice versa if not rented but says it is, will fix as well.
- Added German.yml to default written languages for the Alternative Language system.
- Added smoother components to the conversion methods, if you have still yet to convert to v1.4+.
- Adjusted Config.yml Handler to even better recognize Out of Date Config.yml, and to update it.
- Adjusted the LanguageManager to better handle writing new alternative language.yml's.
- Massive Code Cleanup, a few methods combined for more effective code.
ResidenceSigns now has Permissions support via Vault!
- rs.admin - This node gives the player permission to place/break ForSale and Rent signs regardless of ownership. Defaulted to OP.
When Reporting An Issue, Please Do The Following
- Your Craftbukkit version.
- Current version of ResidenceSigns.
- Describe the exact situation in which the issue occured (listing all applicable info, names, what sign reads, etc etc)
- Copy/Paste the error from the Console Log.
Installation and Help
- Drop ResidenceSigns.jar into /plugins directory.
- Wiki Page Now with pictures!
Happy with my work? Want to help out? Just glad to see this plugin back?
Feel Free To Donate!
This plugin is based off of the old ResidenceSigns plugin originally written by Karnedge(giving credit where due) but all the code was redone by scratch.
Woohoo Bukkit 1.2.4 is out :D I was angry about that but now i see all the plugins for 1.2.3 are working very well with 1.2.4 And thank you fot that fix. :)
Comments like this are the reason I am more than happy to maintain, update, and add to my plugins! I try to do my best and it's nice to see my work being appreciated!
P.S. I agree 100% on avoiding /<command> which is the reason I rewrote ResidenceSigns :)
P.P.S. I have a fully sign-based Banking system for $$ and EXP coming as well :)
I'm just posting to show my appreciation, I love any plugin that has an in-game workaround to avoid using /commands and this is one of the better ones I have come across. Thanks for maintaining it and keep up the good work.
This plugin is an must have for my server :)
I know how that is, I actually rewrote ResidenceSigns so I could have it for my server, and ppl really like this plugin so I figured id just publish and maintenance. So I know how annoying it is to wait for Bukkit to update, etc etc, so I am keeping my updates in my dropbox as well =).
Thanks for the update via dropbox, bukkitdev can take forever to approve files...
I won't release an official update because it will probably take forever to get approval and I just got 1.2 updated on the project, but I uploaded an unofficial version with the ForSale fix to my dropbox, just click the link below to download it.
New MC path? You're talking about minecraft and bukkit update? I hate them, after the bukkit update people stops playing in server if its not updatet, bu i cant update because not all plugins are updated... How i hate update of bukkit xD Couldnt you release a ew version now?
This bug has been fixed and will be deployed in the next update. When the update will be, I am unsure with the new MC patch, just keep checking in for v1.3!
I will look into this right away.
ResidenceSigns will automatically pickup whatever Residence they were placed in. It cannot create the Residence for you, it needed to be made prior to the sign placement.
I founded a bad bug!!! People can create sell sing (im nor using rents) in residences where they are not owners! What a hell? xD
So how do you set the zone of which the sign is placed in? eg i want it 6x6 how do i do it?
OPs can create signs, as well as the owner of the Residence. Both of those people should be able to make a ForSale sign on the Residence to sell it =)
So now only OP can create a sing, or anyone who is the god of something residence can sell it? Sorry for bad english!
When you destroy a sign, it removes the current Residence from the market, so placing another sign will not autofill in because it is no longer on the market. This is not a bug.
However, I will work on getting the destroying a sign causes removal from market as a config option for future versions.
small bug say u already have 1 sign in the resi and then you place another but remove that 1 sign it wont allow you to place others without filling in more details
No replacements should be needed ^-^
Edit: Yes, I'm that awesome =D
Will this pick up signs already placed with the older ResidenceSigns plugin when players try to interact with them, or will those signs need to be replaced?