A basic world terrain and resource generator plugin for 1.8.3 servers. It is designed to give the world designer complete control of the type and quantity of resources (e.g. gold, iron, stone, coal) that will be generated in their world. It is ideally suited for Prison Worlds where a more complex world is desired for the mining and harvesting of resources. This plugin is currently on production servers in the MinecraftGates Universe. Examples of the worlds can be seen on PLAY.MINECRAFTGATES.COM where it is the basis for gathering resources by user level in different prison worlds.
Some of the key features include:
- Specify world resources by percentages that should be randomly generated.
- Supports new expanded block types for generating random resources (due to certain limitations in the world generator API, the default block for each layer is limited to the basic block types).
- Specify default layers (the world designer can limit the top to any basic block such as sand or grass, while they could specify any other basic block for the bottom or other layers)
- Control the heights of the underground resources and within the world limits
- Limit generation of chunks so that a "flat earther" like world can be generated that has edges that players can fall off from
- All configuration done through an intuitive and easy to understand config.yml file
- World generator has been optimized by a real-time software engineer to reduce time lag when players are exploring new chunks.
- Multiple worlds with different independent configurations are fully supported.
Pre-RequisitesThe following plugins are pre-requisites for this plugin and must also be installed on the server for full functionality.
- MCGPLuS - This plugin provides a common base feature set and support functions for all the MinegatesPlus plugins. It also has a developer API that will allow other plugin developers to hook into these support functions.
More features are in the planning stage and will be posted as updates soon. User input on desired features is always welcome and will help prioritize any updates.
This plugin has been tested against Spigot 1.8.3 and 1.8.6, with preliminary testing on other Spigot versions in the 1.8 series. Final testing on Spigot other versions is underway, and full details and compatibility version list will be posted as soon as they become available.
The plugin has been tested alongside and designed for compatibility with some of the most popular plugins such as Essentials, WorldEdit, WorldGuard and Multiverse.
The plugin was developed by a programmer with more than 25 years of experience, it is also well structured as a starting point for others that wish to understand or develop their own world generators. Full support is available in the forum here, the website WWW.MINECRAFTGATES.COM or by e-mailing [email protected].
Starting with the RELEASE version of this plugin, it will incorporate Hidendra's plugin metrics system (MCStats, http://mcstats.org/). This is a common practice for many plugins and a full discussion of the MCStats service can be found at MCStats Discussion Thread on Bukkit. Those wishing to opt-out of this service can easily edit their plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and change the opt-out setting to true.
Following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version