What is MCBash?
MCBash is a set of bash utilities that allows for ease-of-mind for server administrators, by way of automated integrity checks, automated server and MySQL backups, and automated server.log deletion.
How does MCBash work?
MCBash is a set of scripts that are automatically executed by Cron, a scheduling utility, at desired intervals.
How often does MCBash back up my stuff?
However often you want it to. However, the design from the begenning was this:
- MCBash runs your startup script at boot.
- MCBash checks every 5 minutes to ensure that your startup script is still running. If it's not, it will restart it.
- MCBash clears your server.log, backs up, and compresses your entire server directory every hour.
- MCBash compresses all of your hourly backups at the end of the day into one compressed file.
Italics are optional.
- Create an automated installation script.
- Add an optional flag to the installation script to guide you through configuration automatically.
- Add support for multiple MySQL databases.
- Prettier and more dynamic output.
- Filesum checks for file integrity.
- Create utilities to interact with the server itself.
- Prettier BukkitDev markup.
- Who knows? This project can always expand, and that's my goal. It's a broad, broad title, and I want to take advantage of that. I want this to eventually be a host of utilities to make server administrators lives easier.
All feedback is appreciated! :)