Updated to 1.2!
Manhunt has finally - been updated to version 1.2 and includes a bunch of fun new features!
- Custom loadouts!! - After hours of tears and sweat, this long awaited feature has finally been implemented!
- Changing the world! - You are now able to change the world that Manhunt takes place in! (You will need another plugin to handle multi-world stuff.)
- Public mode! - It is now possible let Manhunt run all by itself, assigning players to random teams, and automatically restarting after a brief intermission.
- Player state saving! - Before a game begins, Manhunt will save a snapshot of the player (including their inventory) and restore it when the game ends. (This took days to get right, mind you!)
- Removed useless settings and features. - This will help focus the plugin and improve the overall experience. I'm sorry if you were one of the few people to turn on "envHunterRespawn", but it was a dumb idea.
- Completely rewritten from the ground up! - This may not matter to you, but to me and others who look at the source code, it's a beautiful thing.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements! - All to give you a better Manhunt experience.
What is Manhunt?
Manhunt is a hide-and-go-seek based game to play in Minecraft. Two teams are pitted against each other to fight to the death. The Prey get a head start to prepare by gathering materials and crafting tools. The Hunters are released at sundown, with the goal of eliminating all Prey. The game ends when either team is eliminated or time runs out.
What does the Manhunt plugin do?
This plugin will take care of all the details and enforce the rules. It will keep track of teams, keep players inside the game borders, and prevent spectators from interfering. It also adds fun twists to the game, like the Prey Finder 9001 and insta-kills! It also includes many different ways to customize the game with settings. Other features include:
- Comprehensive in-game documentation
- Only uses two commands to maximize compatibility: "/manhunt" and "/m"
- Prey-finding compass
- PVP Insta-kills
- Team-only chat or All talk
- Invisible boundary to prevent players from running indefinitely
- Pre-game boundary to prevent Hunters from cheating during the Pre-game setup
- Multi-world support (Manhunt game is limited to one world only)
- Invisible spectators
- Flying spectators
- Preset loadouts
- Customizeable loadouts
- Public mode with randomized teams, auto-restarting, and intermissions
- Team hats
- Team chat colors
- Preventable Mob Spawning
- Hours of fun & much much more!
Important Things to Remember!
I highly recommend backing up your server's world before running Manhunt.
This plugin saves world-specific data in the world folder, and general settings in the plugins folder. This is to allow for the creation of custom maps.
I plan on updating this plugin with new features, improvements, and bug fixes. If you have any input on this server, feel free to submit a ticket! I read every one!
Tutorial videos are in the works! Stay tuned!
These may not make it into the plugin, but they are things I am considering. They're just ideas.
- Auto-restocking loot chests (random or custom)
- Manhunt world-editing plugin
- More customization
- Official Manhunt custom-world download hub
- Automatically-generating physical glass boundary.
- Bendude56 - For kicking the project off
- Wolv21 & GrimGary for inspiration and input
- Sean and James - Awesome testers!!
- The countless play-testers who helped me find bugs and squash them them ...FOR SCIENCE!