UploadedMar 20, 2015
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.7.9-R0.2
View full changelog here (important changes in 4.0 and above)
Check MIGRATION notes for important information on this release.
This applies if you have customized spells, or use MagicWorlds or dtlTraders.
- Big under-the-hood changes to support batched actions
- Lift spell works on entities
- Fling works while mounted
- Earthquake throws entities
- Laser lasts for a few seconds, has continuous effect
- Reflect works at arbitrary angles
- Improved handling of config file errors
- Spell shop improvements:
- Added customized spell shops via "spells" parameter
- See engineershop and architectshop
- Add balance to inventory title
- Has confirmation screen
The resource pack (or your own version of it) is now very important!
Spells, wands and brooms won't look right, and most spell sound effects will not work without the resource pack.
4.6 is a major change under the hood, the biggest since 4.0. I've tried to keep everything
mostly the same, but there are some changes to be aware of.
- MagicWorlds will need to be updated to 1.2
- Changed configuration options related to construction interval / max blocks
- The default restricted material list is much less restrictive. Building with TNT, emeralds, ore, etc is now allowed.
- Updated and fixed dtlTraders integration.
- You will need to fix your spell and wand shops- sorry
- You may need to disable brush/spell/wand glow until an issue in dtlTraders is resolved
Custom spell configurations
If you have a custom spell configuration with "actions:" in it, you may need to update:
- Iterate action renamed to Line
- ReplaceMaterial action renamed to ModifyBlock
- CoverAction split into Disc and Cover
- To reproduce previous behavior, change "Cover" to "Disc" and add a "Cover" under it
- Disc builds a Disc, Cover searches for the topmost block, up or down, on one block
Just in case anyone is actually using the API:
- Changed API cast() methods to return success/failure
- The "undo" spell changed its key to "rollback" to match the spell's name.
- FlowerSpell flower lists moved to parameters section
- Multi-target base spells no longer supported, must use ConeOfEffectAction (see: laser, push)
- API Change: Spell.playEffects changed to use a CastContext
- Many default spells migrated to the new "action" system.
- Default configs changed drastically, all auto-undo.
- Enchanting path options changed from max_xp_max and max_xp_regeneration to max_mana and max_mana_regeneration
- Commands in command spell parameters have changed slightly.
(@t -> @tn, @p -> @pn for target and player names)
- All of the particle effect names have changed (internal EffectLib change).
There is a PHP script available to help migrate custom configs.
- WorldGuard 6 or higher is now required for region support!
- The "enable_creative_mode_ejecting" in config.yml now controls the creative mode special
behavior. If you have "enable_custom_item_hacks" set to false, you probably want to set
enable_creative_mode_ejecting to false also.
- Some magic items (spells, upgrades) may need to be updated. Sorry!
- The "xp" casting cost has changed to "mana" ("xp" is still valid, but consumes player XP)
- If you have a completely custom spells.yml, search are replace "xp:" for "mana:" to fix.
- Drop support for Cratbukkit 1.6 - 1.7.2 is now the minimum required version
- Update to EffectLib 2.0 - all effect class names have changed
- The configuration option "wand_enchantable_item" is now off by default. This means
that wands won't change to a wooden sword when enchanting. If you are using a pre-1.7.9
version of Bukkit, you may (or may not) need to put this option back in config.yml
- The particle effect names have changed to the EffectLib versions is all places:
Enchanting is now customizable via multiple enchanting paths. If you had previously modified the "random"
template in wands.yml, you will need to transfer your work to enchanting.yml.
There are also now multiple different enchanting paths, review wands.defaults.yml,
you will need to override "path" for wands if you want them to continue to all use
the same enchanting path (now called "master").
Crafting is now customizable, there are several new recipes apart from the old
blaze rod + nether star default. Please review crafting.defaults.yml and adjust
accordingly, especially if you have a customized crafting configuration.